Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 143031 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2016, 03:24 PM »
At least he has the only working cell phone left in the universe. Will have to re-watch again next week to see what he actually said...all I got was "Ill be there".  ???

One of two - he was talking to someone else.  I'm assuming it's a satellite phone in hopes that they'd still be functional based on being in space, rather than cell towers that were nuked.  I think it's a stretch, but I'll somewhat allow for it. 

Family coping fine, our heroes show up, two of them die (at least).  Yippee!  Another reason to hate our merry band.  These people are dumb.  I really wish Strand would toss them all off the boat.  Still operating like it's a democracy for the bleeding hearts.  Blech. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2016, 09:19 PM »
There was a gun shot blast that came from the house, right? Did Jonestown dad kill himself? Shoot his daughter? Get bitten while firing?

The show has a few interesting elements but a lot of "WTF" moments.

The plane crash survivor tie-in is a nice angle.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2016, 09:45 PM »
I didn't recall a gunshot...  but then again my ability to actively pay attention to this like I do TWD is like night and day, and I'm sure I drift in and out of consciousness during FTWD frequently.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2016, 06:35 AM »
I didn't recall a gunshot...  but then again my ability to actively pay attention to this like I do TWD is like night and day, and I'm sure I drift in and out of consciousness during FTWD frequently.

You're not the only one.  The gunshot was as everyone was getting back on the boat.

I don't remember the airplane crash tie in.  For me, that must have been one of my frequent moments to zone out.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2016, 11:59 PM »
I got a lttle ahead of the storyline. The tie-in was shown on the preview for this week's episode. So no FTWD-ADD moment for you.  :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2016, 07:01 PM »
Decisions, decisions...watch a taut, well crafted show with top notch writing and rich, well developed characters, or stick with this thing.   :D

Thrones it is!

Will I care enough to even watch this on-demand?  ???
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2016, 11:16 PM »
Good thing there's scuba gear onboard and someone who knows how to use it.

How was the guy in the plane alive, since it's been at least a week+ since the place went down, right? Some time passed during the military quarantine, days at least and it's been days at sea.

We are to assume Alex offed the other guy on the boat after he tried something. Not that he was wrong, kid could die at any minute and turn into an undead. Which was why Strand was also kinda right.

The name of the episode is ouroboros, the symbol of the serpent eating itself. So that means...something.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2016, 01:43 AM »
I'm not 100% sure of the timeline...but I'm guessing it's only been a couple of days since the plane crash and the group leaving LA.  Plausible that the guy could still be alive.

Anyone buying Strand's story about the house in Baja?  I'm not.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2016, 02:52 PM »
If I can talk the wife into it, I'm going to bow out of watching this and just follow along here. I have too many other good things on the ol' DVR that have to be better than this.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2016, 01:34 AM »
I think you're right on the timeline Matt.  TWD seems to compress stuff too.  They don't seem to be that far removed from LA.  I didn't watch the last one.  I think in tappin out.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2016, 06:00 PM »
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_The_Walking_Dead_Timeline

Plane goes down on day 4 or 5 of the show's timeline.

The Abigail's "crew" don't find the plane wreckage until day 19.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17 AM »
Finally got around to watching this last night...........

and.....

that's about it.....

Seriously, this season reminds me so much of Season 2 of TWD.  Nothing happens the entire show until the last couple of minutes and you are left wondering what is going on, but you really don't care because none of the characters are really interesting.  It seems our meth head figured out really quick how to walk with the zombies.  However, he started running through the herd and nothing happened to him.  When Rick and Glen started going through the herd in Season 1, if they moved too quick the zombies would key on them.

I'll stick with the show if for no other reason than there is nothing else I'm interested in watching yet.  However, it won't be like TWD where I will  have to watch that night.  I'll get to it when I get to it.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 1, 2016, 10:14 PM »
It took me til last night to catch up on this too. More of the same really, questionable decisions all around. Let's stand on the edge of a sandy cliff, let's walk into a confined space filled with walkers, let's waste time talking instead of furiously rifling through every suitcase, etc etc.

Will feel like a waste if I don't get to see at least two of these dopes get eaten before the season is over...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 3, 2016, 09:37 AM »
I watched Sunday's episode and it really wasn't bad.  They finally introduced some other characters and have finally created a real situation that has to be dealt with.  Again I go back to Season 2 of TWD and see it here.  It took a while for that season to get going and maybe this one finally is moving.  However, the characters are still a little stiff and haven't really hardened to the situation yet...except the druggie kid and the guy from Mexico.  Other than that, too many people still don't know what to do.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: May 3, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Interesting how the family from Silverspoons is handling the apocalypse.  Things really fell apart at that household.

(That is Ricky Schroeder, right?  Has to be.)