Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 142608 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2015, 01:28 PM »
Help me out here: when Madison was hiding under the car, wasn't that a zombie?  I didn't notice any head wounds but thought the eyes were funked out.  Might just be me over-interpreting.

Yeah, it was. That dead one was it for zombies in the episode.  I guess there were other dead ones lying around but who can tell.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 2, 2015, 08:26 AM »
Any thoughts on this past week and the upcoming season finale?

I was seriously agitated because my DVR stopped working Sunday so I had to wait to stream it.  AMC's streaming sucks!!  It skips all over the place.  I ended up finding it on ATT Demand so I watched the last half through that.

Anyway, I was and wasn't happy with this past week.  The stuff I think a lot of people wanted to see was completely skipped over (fall of the city, the deployment of soldiers, soldiers/people actually fighting, rioting, fall of law and order).  I think that hurt the series overall.  As for this past week, some eyes seem to be opening to the overall situation.  Again though, almost no zombies.  However, the acting still sucks so who knows how that will affect the finale.

A lot of stuff was missed I think.  So who knows how this will play into the season finale.  I can't say I'm really amped up to watch it, but I'm at least somewhat interested in what is going to happen.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 2, 2015, 08:34 AM »
It's been a huge disappointment really, not so much because it's that bad, but moreso because it had the potential to be SO good. And it's just very mediocre, to the point of me not even caring much any more. They picked a really bizarre assortment of characters...as I mentioned before i think it would have been more interesting to have had a more typical American family that people could easily relate to. And yeah, I totally agree they fail to focus on the most interesting aspects of the outbreak.

I kinda hope it doesn't come back at all, but if it does they have to focus on totally different people next time.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #63 on: October 2, 2015, 10:22 AM »
I like the barber.  Dude's legit.

Not sure what to make of the hustler.  Kinda strange to introduce an important character in the next-to-last episode.

I too hope they don't revisit this group in season 2.  But with one episode left, I think there are too many loose ends to tie up for that to be their plan.  Unless they all just die.  We can always hope.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 2, 2015, 02:33 PM »
I kinda hope it doesn't come back at all.

Agreed.

I went from being so hopeful about this series to not even wanting to watch it.

Essentially the exact opposite of the main show - I was hesitant to watch it cause I didn't think a Zombie movie as a TV show would be any good and by the time that 6 episode series ended, season 2 couldn't come fast enough.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 4, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Army pretty sloppy to leave an arena of undead like.  But they are falling apart.  I think their tactics of rushing into a house/building are idiotic, because that's exactly where the undead have an advantage. But then they stopped to use a 50 caliber rifle to snipe a zombie they could've dispatched in under a minute. There's the question as to whether Lt Moyers was killed by walkers or his own men.

I don't think the barber is sympathetic (he only seems so because we know what he didn't know). But I'm not sure why the soldier was so tight lipped...while being skinned alive. "Screw it, we're pulling out, you civilians are screwed!"

The dress-up/trash the rich people's house as just a waste of screen time on a 6 episode first season.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 4, 2015, 09:45 PM »
Doom everyone so you can rescue a drug addict and a woman with sepsis - great plan retards.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 5, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Great mass murder accomplished by the "heroes" of this show.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #68 on: October 5, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Yeah - "let's abandon our neighbors and massacre the military."  Fine up-standing group right there!  Totally the type of people to root for!

I never said the barber was sympathetic.  I just think he's a legit badass.

Overall, I think the season was lame as hell.  In the end the only "loss" was the ex-wife.  Just paltry.  There were a couple bright spots, but I really don't like the cast at all.

I was really hoping the distraught barber was gonna pick up the gun and take out the dad for being an idiot.  That would have been a shocking and interesting ending.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 5, 2015, 01:10 PM »
By far the best episode of the season....every episode should have been like this though. This was exactly the kind of chaos I was expecting to see. The scenes at the perimeter with the army dudes firing wildly at the horde were great I thought.

I really think it would have been a great twist to have the junkie eaten alive right in front of his Mom on the other side of the hospital door. Like Glyn and Everybody Hates Chris in the revolving door on WD last season. Missed opportunity there.

The stuff with the army guy was really stupid though. Like that dope is going to worry about the Salazars when his whole unit has pulled out and the city is in flames. If he was that pissed, why not just lie to Travis about where to go in the first place? And why shoot the girl and not the dude who sliced up your arm?

So what exactly did Mysterious Black Guy need Nick for in order to escape anyway? How exactly were those junkie skills going to come in handy? I assumed he was just going to throw the kid at the zombies at some point to distract them, but apparently not.

Kinda hard to work a boat into the end there and NOT have it feel like a rip-off of the Dawn of the Dead remake, but I'll give them a pass for that.

I loved how the ex-wife who was NOT EVEN A REAL NURSE managed to work out the pathology of the infection in a few hours and it took Rick and Co like 4 seasons to get there. And now she's dead! (Pretty quick to give up there too seemed to me, didn't she want to take a few minutes to write her son a letter or something? What was the rush to eat a bullet?)

I guess on TD they confirmed there would be a Season Two and with the same cast too. Rats.  :-\
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 5, 2015, 06:44 PM »
Ex-wife had a real doctor to tell her what was going on.

Yeah, they screwed over LA to save their own. Nice work! Who is worse now? The Army for planning to abandon or euthanize everyone or the protagonists for releasing a horde and getting who knows how many killed? (Madison really, really, really hates her neighbors...even ones she liked...didn't even see her look for the Asian husband next door at the base, either.)

How did tortured private get back to the army compound and past the horde in time to confront them...I like to think he was in the pick-up bed the whole time...that's the only way i can rationalize the timing. Otherwise, he takes a vehicle, is moments behind them, but it more interested in payback than assisting his fellow soldiers.

The someone got bitten but hasn't told anyone yet was OBVIOUS. Why? Because other than Salazar's daughter getting winged, the escape was too easy.

Talking Dead didn't address much of anything of relevance. the house in the distance, the infected boyfriend, what happened to detainees who go downstairs (death, but that's still an assumption),

What I would've done.
Daniel Salazar is shot by the soldiers after saying "I'd save your ammunition..." and dies. So much for glib dialogue.
Like McMetal said, Nick gets eaten behind the doors, along with Strand.
Private shoots Salazar's daughter...kills her...goodbye Salazars. (i thought he did kill her for a second)
Doctor goes with the group, takes compressed air gun with her.
Ex-wife lives.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 06:45 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #71 on: October 6, 2015, 12:36 AM »
Overall, I liked the show.  I wish they had done a few things differently (the soldiers in the parking garage really kind of got to me....the ones guarding the neighborhood didn't as much, mainly because I figure that is what you'd get when you put a 1Lt in charge).

FTWD definitely whetted my appetite for TWD's return next week and I'll look forward to season 2.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #72 on: October 7, 2015, 07:58 AM »
I was just thinking about something after the finale - how did an intelligent, extremely savvy, able-bodied multi-millionaire end up in the prison for junkies, psychos and dead-meat?  A prison that's nowhere near his mansion and yacht?  In what universe does that begin to make sense?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 7, 2015, 09:38 AM »
Finally chugged my way through the last two episodes, and honestly I mostly fast forwarded through them. I don't think I'll be watching Season 2.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 7, 2015, 11:05 AM »
I was just thinking about something after the finale - how did an intelligent, extremely savvy, able-bodied multi-millionaire end up in the prison for junkies, psychos and dead-meat?  A prison that's nowhere near his mansion and yacht?  In what universe does that begin to make sense?

They must've considered him a trouble-maker, like some of the other detainees.