Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 142645 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #195 on: July 6, 2017, 05:14 PM »
I haven't even bothered to post in here my level of interest has been so low. I don't think it has gotten any better at all, except for Chris not being on anymore. I'm so so sick of bad people more bad people other bad people blah blah blah. I really think the writers need to try harder to come up with something new and interesting.

And more zombies!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2017, 01:13 AM »
Epic mid-season finale.

Who'd have thought the native-americans were the ones in right...except everyone. And that the Poppa Otto prepper was much racist and evil than he let on? Oh, everyone.

Nick cut his hair!  :o

Why was old man Otto out in the desert patrolling the border fence?  Who cares? We gotta tie Ophelia into this mess. In the process we make her less sympathetic, because she got duped into murdering people.

The good parts were Strand finding the Abigail. The talk with the cosmonaut was oddly sort of done in Z-NATION already.

Madison has a dark secret. *shrug* I assume most high school guidance counselors are messed up.

Yeah, this show looked like it was improving, but went back to semi-watchable.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2017, 12:00 PM »
I liked the conversation with the Cosmonaut.  I liked that we finally have confirmation that this is a global event (it might have been touched on when Rick & Company went to the CDC in season one, but I can't remember).  Although now I feel like I need to scrap my story idea of a zombie apocalypse being witnessed by a crew of a space station and eventually coming back to Earth because of dwindling supplies and the chance to find/make a cure.

Other than that and the Indians finding a way to weaponize anthrax without a lab, I couldn't help but laugh.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2017, 08:12 AM »
Okay, this show has gotten me back some.  This season has been decent for the most part, and a far cry from the first two.  I do agree a lot of it was predictable, but at least it's going somewhere other than "let's sit around and talk about our feelings."

Of course, I would have liked to have seen more about what Strand was up to this episode.  I'd also like an update on Daniel.  I imagine we'll find that out in a few weeks though.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2017, 04:07 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 3, 2017, 05:29 PM »
Anyone still watching this show?  I've found this half season to be a little better than the past seasons but still nothing like "appointment viewing".  I am suprised by the dumb choices the characters keep making but lets face it... that's a hallmark of the Walking Dead franchises.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 3, 2017, 05:38 PM »
I still can't believe these people are still alive.

Why didn't the people hide in the bunker before the horde showed up?  The reason the barricade of RVs didn't work is because the zombies knew there was fresh meat right on the other side!  They could've hid in the bunker and the horde would've passed right by.  And why the hell did Alicia go through all of that just to become her brother from last season?!  Idiotic writing at its worst.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 3, 2017, 08:31 PM »
I officially quit watching for this back half. I hate the writing, I hate the characters, it was just a labor to sit through a whole episode.

Maybe I will go back and watch when the season is over, but I doubt it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 4, 2017, 02:29 PM »
I stopped FTWD watching after the mid season break. I caught the third episode in after the break and was not lost. Think about that. So little happened, so unengaging are the characters that I can miss 2 episodes of a serialized show and felt like I've missed nada. After that it wasn't even conscious decision not to watch. I just plain forgot it was still on.   :-\

I'm wondering with all the lawsuits if TWD itself will go beyond this season.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 4, 2017, 02:51 PM »
I actually think the last few episodes have been the best in the series so far.  I'd agree that it can get better, and I'd also agree that it needs some more compelling characters, but it feels to me like maybe it's headed in the right direction.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 5, 2017, 11:24 PM »
If there's ever a cross-over with the main show everyone on Fear The Walking Dead better show up as walkers.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 6, 2017, 04:07 PM »
I usually get around to watching this within 3-4 days after it's on, but it certainly isn't "must watch" for me.  This season,especially the past 3-4 episodes have been markedly better than everything before.  I still have no real connection to any character and seeing one of the main ones getting offed wouldn't bother me to much.  I'm starting to be intrigued by the former solider (can't remember his name though) and by Nick, but overall, it's still just a show that I'll watch while cruising the internet.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #206 on: October 6, 2017, 04:56 PM »
The saddest part is that i think this is more entertaining than what the Walking Dead has become.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Anybody watch the FTWD season finale?

Where in the world have these writers been the past couple of years?  The last 2-3 episodes have been pretty freaking good IMO.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2017, 07:04 PM »
I did, and I agree.  They seem to have turned a corner as far as making this show at least fun to watch.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Finally finsihed watching the finale... Yes, this season has been much better.  Interesting to see that they managed to destroy two viable "home bases" in half a season  ;D  I'm actually reasonably interested to see how everyone gets back together now.