Author Topic: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line  (Read 79573 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2015, 07:55 AM »
I'm loving that new stormtrooper design.  Trying not to think to much about the OTC characters included in the assortment.  Hopefully it's like the Marvel lines where they release a set of movie-relevant figures along with a couple of characters from the comics that really aren't in the movie.  Luke, Vader, Fett would all be A-List characters they could pop in without those representations actually showing up in the film. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Body gloved figures are the best to articulate.  The armor gaps help hide it all and give you a pretty straight forward guide to where you'd want to cut too.  I remember adding that one Vader Knee joint some figs to add knee articulation.  It was a perfect ball you just had to then pop into drilled holes.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 09:16 AM »
I found another one.  ;D

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:17 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2015, 06:51 AM »
The idea of making Captain Plasma poseable is a good idea and might get me back into customizing again. I can totally see dremeling out the armor and putting it on a micro-women figure just like did with Scorch. I need something better than latex balloons for the body glove though.

It's too much work, usually by the time I'm done doing something like that, Hasbro is showing the figure I just made at the next toy fair/comic con. This movie is so huge there must be a **** ton of SA figures coming in some line in the near future.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:52 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2015, 12:52 PM »
The idea of making Captain Plasma poseable is a good idea and might get me back into customizing again. I can totally see dremeling out the armor and putting it on a micro-women figure just like did with Scorch. I need something better than latex balloons for the body glove though.

It's too much work, usually by the time I'm done doing something like that, Hasbro is showing the figure I just made at the next toy fair/comic con. This movie is so huge there must be a **** ton of SA figures coming in some line in the near future.

I don't know. I made six figures years ago that were like that and they came out better than anything Hasblow ever did.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2015, 09:02 PM »
The first order stormtrooper looks as an effort to sink the 6 inches previous release into the 5POA.

Meanwhile, characters with robes or long jackets need to sacrifice posseability and some times limbs sculpt
to fit that budget interpretation.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2015, 11:22 PM »
Noticed that the Walmart report at Yakface has $6.93 price stickers on these figures.  That's cheaper than what's been reported for Target and TRU ($7.99).

Also, it is sounding more and more like these assortments (B3445 Jungle/Space and B3963 Snow/Desert) are indeed the "basic" figure line.  Those holding out hope for slightly cheaper $6 figures with no "build-a-whatever" part may be out of luck...  unless they are planning cheaper versions for overseas or the dollar store markets.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 10:04 AM »
Noticed that the Walmart report at Yakface has $6.93 price stickers on these figures.  That's cheaper than what's been reported for Target and TRU ($7.99).

Also, it is sounding more and more like these assortments (B3445 Jungle/Space and B3963 Snow/Desert) are indeed the "basic" figure line.  Those holding out hope for slightly cheaper $6 figures with no "build-a-whatever" part may be out of luck...  unless they are planning cheaper versions for overseas or the dollar store markets.

They have to have a line to roll out all the new Rebels figures though, right? They wouldn't do a FF launch without new Rebels figures would they? I am starting to think that might be a real possibility now.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2015, 11:03 AM »
Glad to get a good look at these before the launch date. They look pretty good, but I really don't know if I want to go back to 5 POA figures and may pass of most of these. Hoping the 3 3/4" black series figures will make up for my early disappointment.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Because I feel some weird obligation to stand up for the mediocre Hasbro, I just wanted to say that where I'm not willing to go as far as saying I'm glad they aren't making SA figs, I certainly don't mind the $8ish price tag for 5POA over the $14 Target for Black Series SA stuff.

I do acknowledge that when I finally get my figs all loose and displayed, I'm going for the "Grand Army of Figures" standing there at attention and not scenes that need articulation so take my opinion with a grain of salt.........
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:53 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2015, 02:25 PM »
My thing is, absent the articulation, if you're going to give us the same figure over and over again as seems to be the case, why not throw in some variety by changing out the arms? The pose? Give us a 5POA Kylo with both hands on the saber, Flame Trooper who can actually do what he does on the box, etc. That seems like a great way to keep folks engaged in lieu of an SA figure. Seeing how they're not doing that, or seemingly not doing it, then maybe there are SA figures in the works. I actually think that's more likely than not.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2015, 03:53 PM »
I don't disagree with that but not like the 2002/3 Saga line. Those poses are ridiculous.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Yeah, none of that. Though I actually don't mind some of those.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2015, 04:57 PM »
I'd personally like to see 06-07 levels of articulation return and a 9.99 price at most.

I love and still buy figs like the rots Royal guards, saga ATAT driver or Death Star gunner...  I'm fine with that being the "standard" on articularion.  Likewise if they want to do less on some and more on others that's fine too.

I can't say I like 5poa at all...  I prefer figures I can pose and enjoy more.  I like that but I also don't new a freakin artists maquette either.  I've said before, but for me that 30AC line was just a dream toy line.  Near perfection in every way.  And in other ways, perfect balance too. 

I will be buying some TFA but not much.  I'm not upset by that though either.  Toys just aren't important enough to me to have a meltdown over it as a topic.  I wanna buy stuff I like but I have other interests too, to spend on, so if Hasbro disappoints me I just shift $ elsewhere.

And some of it is kinda near looking too.  I'm sure I will wait for some sales and I have damn near $300 in points at Kmart so I don't plan on spending a lot either way, but I know I want some of the stuff I've seen so far.

If you were in this hobby any length you know there was worse.  To me 2002 was far worse.  Maybe it's just me though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2015, 01:14 AM »
I agree Jesse, 2007 levels of articulation would be great.  This 5 POA is such a step backward!  Honestly, it's unforgivable on a figure like Kylo Ren.
This is the way.

I have spoken.