Author Topic: The Force Awakens 3.75" 'Armor Up' Assortment  (Read 22594 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens 3.75" 'Armor Up' Assortment
« Reply #30 on: December 9, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Didn't have a lot of time to compare the two figures but they do seem to be the same sculpt - I took one of the three Jungle Assortment Captain Phasma figures I have, removed the cape and the 2nd armor fit just fine.

Did see if the life-support box on the Poe Dameron figure that came with the X-Wing would detach easily and unfortunately, in that release of the figure, the part is glued in place - so putting the "spare" armor on that figure isn't an option unfortunately.

I got around to opening it last night and in reality, the "clip on armor" is a pretty complex item.  I had assumed it was a single piece of plastic with paint aps, but it's actually more than that.  There are a couple different parts on a clip-on harness thing and in Poe's case, the helmet is removable from the rest so he can wear it separate if you want. 

@Jeff - I could not see a way to remove the Helmet from the rest of the pieces that make up the complete "armor-up" piece - did you have to completely disassemble it to detach the helmet?
« Last Edit: December 9, 2015, 11:54 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: December 9, 2015, 12:09 PM »
Mine just pulled out of the main armor-up assembly.  There is a little tab that is hanging off the back of the helmet to slot it back in if you want.  Maybe it was supposed to be glued in there, but on mine it just popped off with minimal effort.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 9, 2015, 12:55 PM »
Mine just pulled out of the main armor-up assembly.  There is a little tab that is hanging off the back of the helmet to slot it back in if you want.  Maybe it was supposed to be glued in there, but on mine it just popped off with minimal effort.

Ok thanks - I'll give it another try - I have two of the Armor Up Poe Dameron figures opened up - I got the 2nd so I could display him w/o the armor on - so if I "break" the spare set of armor I have it wouldn't be the end of the world....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 11:17 AM »
So is the Poe the same as the one in the X Wing?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 11:36 AM »
So is the Poe the same as the one in the X Wing?

All the 5POA Poe figures are different -

Armor Up Resistance Outfit Poe = no helmet
Blue X-Wing pack-in Resistance Outfit Poe = non-removable helmet

Basic figure X-Wing Pilot Gear Poe = non-removable helmet
Black X-Wing pack-in Pilot Gear Poe = removable helmet
TRU Armor Up Pilot Gear Poe = removable helmet, detachable chest box
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:37 AM by Jeff »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 06:03 PM »
Trying to collect them all might put you in the Poe house.  :D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: January 6, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Armor Up Wave 2 Pre-Order @ EE:
1x SW E7 KYLO REN
1x SW E7 CHEWBACCA
1x SW E7 POE DAMERON
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER FLAMETROOPER
2x SW E7 TIE FIGHTER PILOT ELITE
2x SW E7 FINN FN-2187

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 10:32 PM »
The only armor-up figure I have is Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2016, 05:05 PM »
I saw the Armor Up Finn and FO TIE Pilot today.  Finn looks alright, but I passed because I want to see the basic figure version first.  As for the TIE Pilot?  It was kind of uninspiring. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2016, 07:03 PM »
I saw the Armor Up Finn and FO TIE Pilot today.  Finn looks alright, but I passed because I want to see the basic figure version first.  As for the TIE Pilot?  It was kind of uninspiring.

Have any of the Armor Up figures qualified as inspiring at this point?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2016, 07:06 PM »
True that.  They don't make a lot of sense, especially when you're putting armor on more armor, but the kid in me likes the concept of added accessories.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2016, 08:18 AM »

Have any of the Armor Up figures qualified as inspiring at this point?

Not really.  The only ones that I've felt ANY sort of eagerness to get were the Poe Dameron in Resistance uniform and Kylo Ren with the hood down.  Everything else has just been kind of MEH.  I get that Hasbro's trying to offer up some play value with the armor.  But the concept just isn't resonating enough with me to spend $13 to $15 on a figure with 5 POA and a large accessory that's never featured on screen.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2016, 10:40 AM »
The cost is my main problem with them for what they are.  I have a soft spot for weird ugly kid versions of things... like the old muscle head Luke and Han... Monkey Face Leia, the giant rocket launching Deluxe POTF Fett... I like displaying absurd versions of things next to regular versions - and of collecting the line in its entirety.  But $12.99 to $14.99 for a 5-POA figure with a big backpack seems like an awful awful deal to me.  But I'm collecting them all and that's on me for sure - but it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling purchasing one of those the way a new figure does.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:00 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Same here.  I actually LIKE that Chewbacca sculpt.  It looks pretty good.  But I have LOTS of other Chewbacca figures.  Including SA versions that I bought at lower price points than this armor up Chewbacca.  Early Bird Chewbacca, anyone?

I've even like the Deluxe Figure line historically.  I mean, who DIDN'T like the POTJ Deluxe figures, like Slave Leia with the Sail Barge cannon?  Or the POTJ Amanaman?  And what about some of those SAGA Deluxe figures, like C-3PO with the Escape Pod?  Or General Riekkan with that Tactical Plot?  Granted, that's when Hasbro went in it's biggest and boldest direction with that line.  But even in the ROTS line we got some very cool offerings of characters with large accessories, or large droids, MOST OF WHICH were featured on screen.  Personally, I'd like to see this sort of Deluxe Figure offering return.  Because a 5 POA figure with a big packpack that costs $15 isn't cutting it with me.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2016, 07:42 PM »
I just cracked open the last of my TFA figures today and had a few questions / observations.

1 - are most of the armor up figures near direct copies of the regular figures?  It appears the only ones that are different are Poe and Chewie.  Am I missing anything significant.

2 - I was surprised at the gaps in the overall figure line.  No regular Chewie, R2-D2, Poe resistance outfit, and Poe pilot without helmet.  I'm probably missing a few, but this ones popped out at me.