Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 45532 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #75 on: November 9, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Picked up PZ, Guavian Enforcer, Goss, and Hux via HTS, so I think I'm sort of caught up now. I can't remember, do we know of any other announced figures at this point?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: November 9, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Picked up PZ, Guavian Enforcer, Goss, and Hux via HTS, so I think I'm sort of caught up now. I can't remember, do we know of any other announced figures at this point?

That info is still embargoed.  Online shops are taking pre-orders for Jungle/Space Wave 3 and Desert/Snow Wave 3, but they are not supposed to reveal contents yet...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: November 9, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Gotta be a Han in there given his role in the trailers so far...  I'm anxious to see something new.  Anything really, haha. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2015, 10:38 AM »

That info is still embargoed.  Online shops are taking pre-orders for Jungle/Space Wave 3 and Desert/Snow Wave 3, but they are not supposed to reveal contents yet...

Do you know when the embargo is going to be lifted and we'll learn the contents of Wave 3?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2015, 12:19 PM »
If it hasn't been announced by now, it won't be until 12/18.  We'll probably have to wait for leaked cases to turn up in Asia to find out what's in them...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Did some online shopping today...

Kohls.com -
2x of the Jungle Mission 5-pack
2x Guavian Enforcers

Hasbro Toy Shop -
2x of each of the other Jungle/Space Wave 2 figures

I'm SO tired of not finding this wave, the 20% off sale at HTS got me all but the Guavians for $65 - I'm totally fine with paying $6.50 each for the 5POA figures.

The Guavians I figure are going to be much harder so I didn't mind paying the Kohl's $10 price for each of them, I had $10 in Kohl's cash to use or loose so I applied that to the order and the way I see it, if I apply that to the two carded figures only, that brought them down to $5 each. The $40 pricetag for the 5-pack was a bit high considering it's all repaints/repacks, but not horrible.

With these purchases, I'm down to just future WalMart Black Series releases and the Wave 3 Jungle/Space/Desert/Snow figures...

Have there been any other regular release vehicles announced yet? I already have the WalMart White/Blue X-Wing and the EE Desert Scout Walker thing, so beyond those, the Nerf Falcon and the Force Friday vehicles, is there anything else on the vehicle side of things that's coming?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2015, 05:35 PM »
I picked up the EE Exclusive 3.75" scale Desert Assault Walker with the FO Stormtrooper Commander from a local shop.  They have the EE distribution deal, and it's nice to not have to pay shipping. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2015, 01:59 AM »
I have 2 WM stores in a relative close area (same highway, several exits apart), and a Target right by them.  All 3 got in a pile of TFA figures last week, and both WM stores have had lots of wave 1 4" TBS figs.

The Target and one WM are in higher traffic areas and the WM in particular is right by the mall I went to see TFA. 

Anyway, Target was picked pretty clean and only a couple of Hux and the PZ droid were left.  WM by the mall was down to Kanan, the little weird rebel alien ground crew guy x2, and not much else.  The TBS4" was down to Leia and a Chewbacca iirc.  The pegs were literally overflowing Thursday night after the movie let out.  Sunday, WM and Target were picked clean.

The WM which is a little further (10 mins or so) up the highway was still pretty well stocked with TFA figures but TBS4" was diminished.  They had a better general stock of ships, 2-packs, and basic figures in general but things were still well sold compared to early last week, and this store had gotten so much it was left on island displays even with no more shelf and peg space.

I gotta say, it's shocking how fast stores are being cleaned out.  It's Christmas time and the movie is onviously popular, but in a weekend, my stores went from stocked to the gills, to picked clean.  Hardly anything can be close to being called a pegwarmer.  Hux, maybe?  It's nutty out there.  If things sold like this in 99, or 02, we'd never have seen those big clearance gluts as the hype died down.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2015, 11:56 PM »
Just dawned on me too, while Hasbro has restocked (and restocked) and continually sold out, Lego was devoid of toys this weekend...  The aisles were cleared out at WM and Target alike.  Yet, not quite the vitriol I'm reading online for Lego that I'm seeing for Hasbro.

:-\

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2015, 09:15 PM »
The EE exclusive deco desert assault vehicle at amazon now for ~$19. Eligible for free shipping. Don't see the EE sticker...for those into the packaging.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015M68V9I/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1450918537&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=star+wars+entertainment+earth&dpPl=1&dpID=51eKwC6nzAL&ref=plSrch

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 3, 2016, 03:14 PM »
For Christmas, I got only the elite series Finn (Jakku), Poe Dameron (Pilot) and Rey with BB-8 (with the lightsaber)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2016, 04:14 PM »
Found the Hassk thug today at an area Walmart.  Must have missed Resistance Rey and Han Solo though. 

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2016, 06:01 PM »
I am thinking Resistance Han + some ball joints + a KotCS head Indy will make a nice figure.  The holster works too, and I believe that coat is separately sculpted, so I'm pretty into Han since I'm not counting on a good version.

Resistance Rey isn't high on my give a **** list at the moment.  She had like 5 seconds in the outfit.  Her WM TBS4 figure is way cooler, obviously.

Hassk thug, I'd like a couple.  Anything weird like that deserves a spot on the shelf.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2016, 10:16 AM »
I found the TRU exclusive Armor-up Poe. I had failed to notice that one was even out there to be had.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2016, 02:20 PM »
I've been seeing those TRU exclusive Armor Up Poe's on a regular basis at stores near me.  If this was the only version of Poe available without his helmet, I would bite.  But there's the Black Series 3.75" version, plus the pack-in figure that comes with the Black Leader X-wing, and both of those figures feature removable helmets.  And with this figure the armor-up accessories really don't do it for me.

And the Captain Phasma, while a tougher figure to find, doesn't really offer up much that's different from the basic carded figure.  The whole notion of additional armor on an already armored figure seems frankly, a little silly.  The one upside to the armor-up Phasma is that the armor looks like it has a little more sparkle to it.  But I'm having a tough time justifying that purchase too, when there are indicators that WalMart is going to offer a 3.75" Black Series version in the next wave.

Feedback