Author Topic: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter (Black) with Poe Dameron  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron
« Reply #15 on: September 8, 2015, 11:19 PM »
Perhaps we should move all this to the POTF2 boards?

Misplaced question but I'll ask anyway.  Did POTF2 figures have more articulation than TFA figures? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
Re: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron
« Reply #16 on: September 8, 2015, 11:41 PM »
Nope, same. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter (Black) with Poe Dameron
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 12:44 PM »
This is the first, and at the time of this posting, only TFA item I have freed from it's packaging so far. I'm a big fan of the X-wing and a big fan of the FX scale X-wing we've been enjoying for almost 20 years, so I'm disappointed in the step pack taken with could have been a spectacular addition to my X-wing fleet. I really dig the design and deco, though. I get why Hasbro did what they did with the scale. I just can't get behind it. 
Please watch my Imperial Army Time-lapse Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aNdbwtR_g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 04:54 PM »
This is the first, and at the time of this posting, only TFA item I have freed from it's packaging so far. I'm a big fan of the X-wing and a big fan of the FX scale X-wing we've been enjoying for almost 20 years, so I'm disappointed in the step pack taken with could have been a spectacular addition to my X-wing fleet. I really dig the design and deco, though. I get why Hasbro did what they did with the scale. I just can't get behind it.

And yet you bought one.  The only way to truly protest this is with your wallet.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 07:05 PM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:06 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please watch my Imperial Army Time-lapse Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aNdbwtR_g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: October 1, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Finally getting around to opening some of the vehicles that I've bought over the past month...

First impression of this vehicle was not good.  I had read the on-line reviews and I bought one anyway because I'm a sucker, I guess.  Anyway, I opened it up and there they were - four ridiculously bent cannons.

I have no idea what they did during the manufacturing run, but that ****** black plastic is really soft and easy to heat and bend.  The good news of course is because the plastic was so soft and pliable, it only took about 3 seconds in boiling water to soften them and bend them back into place.  In fact, I dipped the X-Wings' wings and even Poe in the boiling pot too and shaped them.  Wings look a lot less saggy under the weight and Poe fit in the cockpit a lot easier with his slightly reshaped/bent arms.

The end result of all my work is a really nice looking (albeit small) Stealth X-Wing from TFA.  While I agree that for the $50 price we shouldn't get a ****** toy, it only took a pot of boiling water and 10-15 minutes of work and I ended up with a really nice looking X-Wing.

I'll give it a solid C.  Good toy with a terrible plastic choice.  Let's hope those early reports on the White X-Wing are correct and the white plastic they used behaves a lot better than this black plastic did because, despite being pretty disappointed in this X-Wing, I know I'm going to buy the white one too. :P  #sucker
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 2, 2015, 12:02 AM »
Good to hear they are salvageable. Keep in mind parents/kids aren't gonna reshape anything in boiling water. All the talk about parents complaining about breaking figures...now overpriced bent WOOKIES X-wings.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 2, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Keep in mind parents/kids aren't gonna reshape anything in boiling water.

Definitely agree that for the $50 this costs, you shouldn't have to tweak anything.  It's nice I was able to "fix" mine, but I never should have had to do that in the first place. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 10:33 PM »
This looks awesome.