Author Topic: Walmart TFA Resistance X-Wing Fighter (Blue) with Poe  (Read 15475 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart TFA Resistance X-Wing Fighter (Blue) with Poe
« on: September 11, 2015, 09:55 AM »
You had to know this was coming, right?

From Rebelscum - it's Poe's Blue deco X-Wing.  Not sure if this is a TRU exclusive too (like the Desert TIE) or if it's a regular release.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:39 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart TFA Resistance X-Wing Fighter (Blue) with Poe
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:56 AM »
Slightly larger pics...

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 02:09 PM »
I'm in... As dumb as they are, I'm also a sucker for the under-scaled X-Wings.  They just remind me of the original vintage one.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Could be nothing, could just be a coincidence, but this version of the X-Wing is in an online WalMart commercial...

https://youtu.be/eSXNSdkFt4o

Just go to 7 seconds in and watch from there, it will cut to a Father and Son walking in a field and the kid is clearly holding the White/Blue version of the Hasbro X-Wing.

It's possible that Hasbro & Lego just sent WalMart a bunch of stuff for the commercials and it's an oversight, but it could mean that the White/Blue X-Wing is a WalMart exclusive.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 07:23 PM »
I swear, these Wal-Mart ads, like everything in the Force Awakens promo push, have been killing it.
Is it possible, Pete, the blue/while X-wing is the Revell model?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 05:46 AM »
I get the sense that this X-Wing may not be exclusive at all.  There's no branding on the images that you sometimes see on exclusives.  The featured character, Poe Dameron, is one of the key new cast members for this trilogy.  And from an assortment standpoint, what else is shipping in the assortment with that Black Leader X-Wing?  It's not the First Order TIE Fighter, which is shipping separately.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 10:17 AM »
And from an assortment standpoint, what else is shipping in the assortment with that Black Leader X-Wing?

I don't think there is an assortment number on the Poe's X-Wing box.  Just a single number, which usually means a one-off item and not an assortment.  Same for this Resistance X-Wing, just the item number on the box it seems. 

I think everyone is assuming it's an exclusive because the Desert TIE is a TRU exclusive... but yeah, it's entirely possible it's a wide release and not exclusive.  Wish Hasbro would finally come out of their shell and start talking about some of this stuff...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Perhaps someone at Hasbro Pulse, *cough Derryl cough*, could shed some light on this.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 7, 2015, 01:17 AM »
Scored the White & Blue X-Wing at WalMart on my way home from work this evening. They had a couple cases of them on the nightly pallets.

The laser canons do not have the same problem on this release that the initial release has/had, so the fully assembled ship looks great w/o the need for "adjustments".

The helmet on the Poe figure is NOT removeable - which I found odd, considering that they did that for the other version. But then I remembered that the same base figure is going to be a armor-up exclusive release at Toys R Us so that's why they did that - cause they were going to be able to double-dip on releasing that sculpt.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2015, 09:34 AM »
Scored the White & Blue X-Wing at WalMart on my way home from work this evening. They had a couple cases of them on the nightly pallets.

Good intel. Thanks (despite my complaints about this ship.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2015, 11:13 AM »

The laser canons do not have the same problem on this release that the initial release has/had, so the fully assembled ship looks great w/o the need for "adjustments".

The helmet on the Poe figure is NOT removeable - which I found odd, considering that they did that for the other version. But then I remembered that the same base figure is going to be a armor-up exclusive release at Toys R Us so that's why they did that - cause they were going to be able to double-dip on releasing that sculpt.

I saw a case of these on a pallet last night at Walmart too. That was the only thing new they had though.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 9, 2015, 11:26 AM »
I found one and picked it up.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Both this and the Black Leader X-Wing are WAY overpriced.  It seems to be something of an issue for this vehicle line, because both Hasbro and the retailers want way more money for these ships that we've seen in other movie years.  How much did the ARC-170 retail for, $39.99?  And that's a lot more vehicle than we're getting with this shoddy excuse for an X-Wing.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 10:47 AM »
How much did the ARC-170 retail for, $39.99?  And that's a lot more vehicle than we're getting with this shoddy excuse for an X-Wing.

Probably not a fair comparison since a lot has happened in the world economy in the last 10 years.  But you're right that we're getting less and paying more for it with these vehicles.

$40 for the TIE and $50 for the X-Wing seems like too much, especially since both have already been repainted to capitalize on the mold/tool cost.   :-\