Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 46265 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2017, 06:52 PM »
There were definitely a bunch of refreshes mixed in with the late wave figures that I saw.  The late wave figures were unmasked Kylo and Nien Nunb.  But there was also the Resistance Trooper, FO TIE Pilot, Flametrooper, and of course.... CONSTABLE ZUVIO.  ::)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2017, 09:34 PM »
I snagged Han and Resistance Rey at my local Five Below today. It was my first time seeing those two figures at retail. No sign of the Unmasked Kylo wave. The other figures on the pegs were X-Wing Poe, Jakku Finn, Resistance Troopers and FO TIE Pilots
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2017, 06:58 PM »
I saw unmasked Kylo. That was 40 miles from here. And the duck trooper with the webgear.

Did not see Han.

Did see a resistance rey with a terrible hair paint ops that made her forehead look enormous.

And a lot of beta ray bills and wonder man?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2017, 11:18 PM »
I have not seen the Rey but would've liked to nab one for $5 to customize...  Kind of odd she was the only one I didn't see yet.

I'm still hoping Ackbar/Leech wave hits because I REALLY had wanted Ackbar back then, and pretty much gave up on getting one. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Did see a resistance rey with a terrible hair paint ops that made her forehead look enormous.

OMG YES! Mine has this too. I'll have to dig out the Resistance Rey I got on Amazon and compare them because I don't remember that one having a fivehead. I figure worst case scenario I can swap it out with my spare Walmart Black Series Rey head.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 3, 2017, 08:01 PM »
I finally managed to score a $5 FO Stormtrooper Squad Leader at 5 Below.  I can't believe how scarce this one figure has been.

But on the sale front?  Toys R Us is now running a sale where a $25 Hasbro Star Wars purchase will get you a free TFA Armor Up figure.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2017, 02:38 PM »
The TFA clearances aren't limited to 5 Below stores.  I spotted TFA 3.75" basic figures on clearance at Tuesday Morning.  And they had late wave figures like unmasked Kylo Ren and Resistance Rey, as well as more common figures like Finn and the FO TIE Pilot.  And they're $4.99 each.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2017, 04:11 PM »
TM is impossible to find here anymore.

Maskless Kylo fits the Walmart TBS figure btw.  Snug but a perfect fit otherwise.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2017, 05:31 PM »
I found a full case, or maybe two, of that unmasked Kylo wave at 5 Below last week. Cool stuff
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2017, 08:54 PM »
The only late wave TFA figure that I'd still like more of are the First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leaders.  I've found a grand total of ONE at 5 Below.

I also found clearance priced TFA figures at TRU in BINS.  They're still $4.99, but the big bins that probably have about 100 figures in them are a new development in stores near me.  It's not the best bargain going, but it does seem to indicate that TRU really wants to clear out that TFA basic figure inventory.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2017, 09:34 PM »
HUGE clearances at TRU, at least my local store that did not have these last week. All TFA figures are $4.49, vehicles down to $19.99, Black Series figures (or rather the 50 Finns and Zuvios on the pegs for 18 months) down to $11.99

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I haven't been toy hunting as much lately due to the futility, but stopped at Target last night to get some mother's day cards and swung through the SW aisle and was surprised/annoyed/curious that they still had so much TFA stuff on the pegs at normal retail prices.  They had a couple pegs of 3.75 TFA peg warmers as well as the $20 vehicle assortments (never did see the Rogue One assortments at Target).

Target is usually the most aggressive and sensible about clearing out old stock, so it really makes me wonder what is going on with these SKUs and why they have let them sit there for over a year and a half.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Stopped by the local Stuff Etc. and they had a large amount of TFA late wave (Kylo Res Unmasked / Resistance Rey) figures for $3.99 as well as last wave TFA Micro Machines. I was able to score the AOTC set with the AT-TE which I had yet to see. Probably worth a look if you're still hunting for anything in this range.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2017, 06:00 PM »
Never even heard of this store. What kind of retailer is it? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2017, 06:26 PM »
Sounds pretty regional.  We have a thing here called Ollies that had those Legacy Ship 2-Packs in bulk and it's a pretty local thing, not much more than 4-5 states I think.  Sounds kinda like that kind of dumping of extra junk.