Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 3  (Read 26353 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 3
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Poe, Rey, Finn, So, La, Ti, Doe!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 08:48 PM »
Gotta say the 3.75" TBS figures look pretty damn amazing.  All of them.

Was looking at some niche "collector" 4" stuff last night...  You're looking at anywhere from $20-$30 for a figure in these small run lines.  And when I say small run, they're probably still significant production numbers, but nowhere near a Hasbro figure's numbers.  So the current price probably isn't as absurd as one thinks, but it made me wonder, if it were to go up for some reason, how badly I'd love to see something like a Sideshow figure done in 3.75" scale...  Not saying all softgoods stuff, but all the extra hands, heads, etc.  There are things I'd be willing to pay more for, I think.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Found partials of this wave recently, so now I have a nice articulated Finn and Poe Dameron.  Too bad the 3.75" modern X-Wing was such a letdown...  The Poe figure is quite nice, but I hate to put it into a sub-par vehicle :P
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Had absolutely no luck finding wave 2 and I was resigned to ordering online. Sure, it's still a waste of time since they don't apparently stock, but at least I'm not burning gas on the Wally detours.

But today I heard the cries and drove by before work. Surprise, Surprise.

The midichlorians have awakened in me.

Must be partially the paint apps, but wow... Han is downright po'd in the ones I saw.

SF Bay Area.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 02:31 PM »
I cracked these open and I have to say that it's so hard to believe that the main line is now 5 POA. These are just so nicely done that it makes me strongly consider dumping the 5 POA line and focus on the Black series.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 03:48 PM »
I'm looking forward to receiving Poe, Rey and Fin from JediJMan. Wave 3 hasn't been spotted in New England yet. We had plenty of wave 2 on the pegs and was able to grab 5 storm troopers for the trade.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 06:46 PM »
I cracked these open and I have to say that it's so hard to believe that the main line is now 5 POA. These are just so nicely done that it makes me strongly consider dumping the 5 POA line and focus on the Black series.

Welcome back Brother!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 10:14 AM »
I have had ZERO luck finding this wave - starting to get really frustrated - been hitting the same two WalMarts where I was able to score the Wave 2 figures religiously and those stores are nothing but product wastelands.  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 05:03 AM »
I hadn't really been planning on grabbing the 3-3/4" TBS figures, but I couldn't resist when I saw them on the pegs at WM.  I'm keeping them carded/boxed for now with my Kylo Ren and Stormtroopers.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:04 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 05:35 PM »
All I have seen is this wave at walmart. I haven't seen Kylo Ren, stormtrooper and Leia yet. It's funny how two walmarts can price these at $12.95 and $14.95 depending on location.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 09:17 PM »
Thanks to JediJMan I was able to get a Poe, Rey and Finn. They are fantastic! This Rey steals the show though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 08:18 AM »
I'm looking forward to finding this wave that much more after having seen the movie.  But did Lucasfilm or Hasbro think it would have been too much of a spoiler to include the Skywalker lightsaber with either Finn or Rey?  Especially since Finn was featured with the saber in multiple trailers and tv spots.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 09:46 AM »
As much as I like Rey with a lightsaber I think she looks far cooler with the staff. Her accessories are actually impressive. I'm content having Finn holding his blaster, fits better than a lightsaber in my opinion. Maybe if they ever make Maz she can have the trunk with the un-ignited saber.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 04:10 AM »
Has anyone had any luck finding this wave or have a spare of Finn, Rey, and/or Finn they'd be willing to sell?

I've stopped collecting 5POA entirely after the first wave and have decided that I will re-enter the game when Hasbro comes back with SA figures. It's really sad for me, because I've usually been adaptable to whatever Hasbro throws our way. 5POA was the final straw, though. With that, I've all in for the new Black Series sub-line, but it's obvious that Hasbro has no intention to let these succeed after Wave 3 (plus, it seems most Wallys aren't even allowed to order more figures past Wave 1).
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Picked up Rey, Finn, Poe, FO Stormtrooper and Han (Endor) this morning. Nice to finally find that assortment.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird