Author Topic: First Order Stormtrooper Mini-Bust  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
First Order Stormtrooper Mini-Bust
« on: December 3, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Saw this on Yakface the other day - Gentle Giant First Order Stormtrooper mini-bust - but thought I would start a discussion here.

I've got a majority of the mini-busts that they've made over the years, but between the massive drop in releases and the increase in prices - I think I'm done.  They've maybe released two or three items all year in this line, and now the price appears to be $120 each  :o :o  These mini-busts were in the $70 range just a year or so ago.

While I think this mini-bust looks sweet, I think I'm done.  If I'm going to drop that kind of money I think I would rather just get the Sideshow version for $210 that is super poseable with lots of accessories.

Does anyone still collect these mini-busts?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: First Order Stormtrooper Mini-Bust
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Yep, and about five years ago I was getting these from my local comic shop for $46 out the door. 

$120 was already too much for a deluxe bust that was also a convention exclusive.  It's absolutely absurd for a regular release.  If you're dumb enough to order direct from GG, you're also going to pay about $10 for tax and about $16 for shipping.  So you're closer to $150 than $120. 

On top of that, it's not scheduled to show up until October of next year.  The movie comes out in less than 2 weeks and we have about 11 months before the first mini-bust is supposed to ship? 

Given their track record on timely releases, I'd bet you a dollar that it's not out in October either.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2015, 08:17 PM by Rob »

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: First Order Stormtrooper Mini-Bust
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2015, 02:44 PM »
I guess I technically still collect these mini-busts, but given the price increases, I am much more selective than I used to be.

I love this one, but not nearly enough to drop $120 for it.

I think GG is going to price themselves right out of the market if they keep this up.