Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 4  (Read 50596 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 4
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2016, 11:41 AM »
I kind of take it as a bad sign that we haven't gotten the official Wave 4 announcement. Yet, the line does seem to be selling quite well, so one would think it has the legs to keep going.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 04:45 PM »
According to SWAN, this line is continuing as is for now, and will include Phasma and Asty (Giggity! New alien dome!)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 05:20 PM »
I figured Phasma was on the way with that one character code name.  But Atsy?  I didn't think the character distinguished himself that much to merit a Black Series figure.  I'm still hopeful that the third slot might go to TFA Han Solo.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 06:31 PM »
I'd hope for a Han as well.  This is also a better venue for Leia.  I'm wondering if the repacks could branch out to some more desirable ones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I'm wondering if the repacks could branch out to some more desirable ones.

Would love to the see the Royal Guard in that red and black box.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 08:08 PM »
But Atsy?  I didn't think the character distinguished himself that much to merit a Black Series figure.

Maybe it's not so much that he merited a figure, but more that they can use the 6" sculpt to make a 3.75" pretty easy?   :P

But yeah, I'm still holding out hope that TFA Han Solo fills out this wave.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Listening to the JTA recording (yeah, I know...) of the Q&A the question was posed as - people surmise the figures are Phasma and Asty, which Hasbro didn't discuss. So the news that these are probably it is taken directly from the question itself and not the answer. Phasma I think is a lock, but Asty... who knows anymore. I think they'd focus on main characters as they have. They described Luke and Leia as soon, and the next group of these as Spring, so maybe...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 01:34 AM »
Can't say as I care but I'd take Atsy over Leia any day...  An alien just holds more appeal than Leia does from the film.

Now Han, I need an old man Han with articulation.

Was gonna try tweaking the 5POA figure if I see one...  Have ample KOTCS heads around to try it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 03:44 AM »
I was shocked when I heard that Asty was even in the running for this line - I mean how much screen time did he get? Has the Hasbro Star Wars team even bothered to watch TFA yet? Why don't they just complete this wave with a SA Constable Zuvio to really punch this wave up a notch?! An over-hyped character that didn't do much, a character that was a blink-and-you miss him appearance and a character that found it's way to the cutting room floor. Home run for Hasbro!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 05:43 AM »
Listening to the JTA recording (yeah, I know...) of the Q&A the question was posed as - people surmise the figures are Phasma and Asty, which Hasbro didn't discuss. So the news that these are probably it is taken directly from the question itself and not the answer. Phasma I think is a lock, but Asty... who knows anymore. I think they'd focus on main characters as they have. They described Luke and Leia as soon, and the next group of these as Spring, so maybe...

Really?  If that's the case it could mean that Atsy just isn't in the mix at all.  If that information was derived more from the question than Hasbro's response, then you have to be very skeptical about Atsy's placement in the 3.75" Black Series.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 10:04 AM »
I was shocked when I heard that Asty was even in the running for this line

If that information was derived more from the question than Hasbro's response, then you have to be very skeptical about Atsy's placement in the 3.75" Black Series.

I know it's been a while, but don't forget that Hasbro (or rather, someone in particular over there) has a huge foner (fan boner :)) for Rebel Pilots.

2013 = Biggs, 2014 = Dutch.  All those Evolutions and TRU Pilot packs.  The only thing Hasbro likes more than Clone Commanders is Rebel Pilots.  ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 11:58 AM »
I was shocked when I heard that Asty was even in the running for this line -

Could be worse. Could be Snap.  ;)

I kind of agree though. Han is a must along side Phasma.

My theory is that Zuvio was in this wave, but once Hasbro realized that nobody cared about a character that wasn't even in the film, they had to triple production to make people care. Thus the delay.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 03:07 PM »
I think Atsy would be pretty nice as a TBS figure...  his 6" figure is pretty cool anyway.  And a new alien, blah blah blah.

Not a ton of backgrounders stood out in TFA though, so yeah besides Han (for me anyway) it starts to get into murky water as to what I'm really jonesing for.  Leia, I'd like, but I'd be as happy for a 5POA Leia honestly.  Like Ceremony Leia, she really sucks for $13 when you get her.  I'd much rather Han and Atsy, or Han and a Resistance Trooper ultimately.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2016, 08:57 PM »
Han is necessary. I really don't like the 5poa version. I can settle for 5poa backgrounds but not a main character like Han.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 8, 2016, 11:12 PM »
Han is necessary. I really don't like the 5poa version. I can settle for 5poa backgrounds but not a main character like Han.

I do agree here that we need a super-articulated Han Solo figure.