Author Topic: New Kubrick Collector!  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Anozira

• Youngling
  • The road to success is prone to collision
    • View Profile
New Kubrick Collector!
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:12 PM »
Hey there everyone! I've been lurking the forums here for the past month until I decided it was finally time to create an account. I don't see a whole lot of discussion here recently, but it's still really interesting to look at some of the older posts and your collections. I assume that most of the silence is due to the lack of new kubricks from medicom, but maybe I can encourage some of you to share your collections and acquisitions here!

Many years ago I was first introduced to Kubrick by my uncle, who got me one Maschinen Krieger figure, and one Special Force. At the time I was very young and didn't have much interest in them, though I always admired their very detailed, lego-esque style. Unfortunately I've lost my old kubricks, but now I've reacquired them through eBay! Now that Star Wars has been revitalized with a new trilogy, I have found a new fondness for their kubricks. I began with an interest in only Boba Fett, but I quickly realized kubricks aren't that simple, and very addicting! In fact I have already purchased 9 of them before even getting Boba Fett (waiting on the price to get a little less steep, but I might just cave in).

I currently have 9 Star Wars kubricks (listed below with how much I paid), and I also have a small display case that should be delivered soon (when I receive this, I will start posting photos).

- Jedi Knight Luke ($14)
- Emperor's Royal Guard ($7)
In a bundle ($60):
- Dengar
- 4-LOM
- IG-88
- Han Solo Hoth Gear
- Admiral Ackbar
- Tusken Raider
- Scout Trooper

All of these were sealed and came in their original box. If you have any star wars kubricks that you'd like to sell me, please contact me! I'm mostly interested in only series 1-7 at the moment. But that's all for now, thanks for allowing me inside your community! Also, what do your collections look like? Have any photos? Recent acquisitions?

Offline Anozira

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Update w/ Pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:25 AM »
Here's an update of ALL my kubricks in the new display case that came in today!

Bottom Row: Special Force Series 6 (incomplete)
Middle Row: Star Wars Kubricks (various incomplete series')
Top Row: Maschinen Krieger Chapter 2 Kubricks (incomplete)

I'm also waiting on Boba Fett series 1 to arrive, and 5 sealed Maschinen Krieger Chapter 3 kubricks that I got for a steal of a deal.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New Kubrick Collector!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:11 AM »
Welcome aboard man...  I wasn't ever a Kubrick guy, and I think the interest in them has trailed since the line's kinda in limbo it seems, but awesome to see your collection.  They seem like they were a sound investment too.  A rarity in the toy world.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 02:31 PM »
Kubricks are awesome!  I miss collecting these, expensive as it was.  I like your display box for them.  I have a bunch of regular series and chase extras if you're interested.  I'll try to pull a list together in the next week or two.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Anozira

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:27 PM »
Thanks guys! Yea JediJMan, I would be interested in the regular series, probably not the chase figures just yet. I'm mostly looking for a Bossk and Zuckuss right now.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:28 PM »
I've got a spare Bespin Lando and Carbonite Han if you're interested.

Offline Anozira

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 02:04 PM »
I think if I get those, I would prefer to buy them with the complete set since it's slightly cheaper.

Offline Anozira

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Update
« Reply #7 on: February 3, 2016, 06:10 PM »
Quick Update to the collection; here's what I recently acquired..

- Boba Fett Series 1 ($25)
This took a while to arrive, but was very well worth the wait. This figure was the sole reason I got into collecting these, and he is by far the most detailed and favorite in my collection

- Series 4 Bundle ($75)
I think as a complete series, 4 might be the best. It comes with some very popular characters (Luke Skywalker Bespin, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Emperor Palpatine, Han Solo Hoth), and this was the cheapest means of attaining them. For $75, each one came to about $12.50, where some of these normally sell for $30+ individually. I now have an extra Han Solo Hoth if anyone's interested in trading

Non-Star Wars related:
- Maschinen Krieger Chapter 3 Bundle ($30)
This was a real shock for me, as each figure itself goes for $25+, and here was 5 of them and with custom acrylic cases from AFA (also about $25 each), however the package did smell like cigarette smoke when I first opened it - which I cleaned and can no longer smell.

Now I'm just waiting for Bossk to arrive whom I ordered just the other day, which leaves me in need of only Zuckuss to complete the Series 1 regulars (I don't collect chase figures). If you happen to have an extra one, please contact me. Once I have the courage to buy another set, I plan on replacing the bottom row of Special Forces so that the entire case is just Star Wars!

« Last Edit: February 3, 2016, 06:16 PM by Anozira »

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 1, 2016, 03:05 AM »
 :) ahhh I remember when I started! Enjoy them!