Author Topic: E-mail from Kebco  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
E-mail from Kebco
« on: August 19, 2003, 04:25 PM »
Maybe this is older news to many of you (and I know some of you have found these figures already, but I haven't), but I wrote Kebco to ask about my preorder for Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie, etc., and this is the reply I got:

> The Han Hoth, Chewbacca Mynock, Luke and Vader
> Throne Room, Snowtrooper wave
> (A00B) has also now been cancelled on all remaining
> orders from Hasbro.
> These same figures will be in more waves due in
> September. I know you guys
> are tired of hearing about delays, but there is
> nothing we can do about it.
>
> We have more than enough figures on order for
> September if you can wait.
>
I guess September isn't too bad, but I was kind of disappointed, I've really been looking forward to that Hoth Han figure (I've had it preordered since March).  Anyways, I know that many of you are in the same boat, but I wasn't sure if you knew about the cancellation of this wave for now.  If I found them in the stores or online for the same price, I'd cancel my preorder, but they do charge half up front when you preorder so I guess I'll just wait it out.  Just thought I'd let people know :).

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: E-mail from Kebco
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 09:02 PM »
That message was actually posted on their website in late July.  I never got an email from them about any of this though.  I wonder if we'll be able to actually get any of those figures.

???
dustrho

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 06:51 AM »
That's funny, I just checked my account status and the Han and Chewie are listed as pending.  I believe this is from earlier this summer when Hasbro canceled waves.  No worries from me, I'm a patient man and they'll get to me soon enough.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 08:55 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figure too, I've never had anything but great business with Kebco, and I know that it isn't their fault.  Plus, I still haven't found any of these in stores, so its not like I'm going to be getting them any sooner :).