Author Topic: I know this isn't the place but could someone help me ID these 2 figures?  (Read 4352 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Then I'll delete the thread...

This trooper:

And, I'm wondering what set this sealed Obi-Wan came out of:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 01:20 PM by Rob »

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
The top one is a Sky Trooper.  I believe it was in a couple of packs including the Ambush at Star Tours 4-Pack.

Not sure about the E1 Obi-Wan.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:44 AM by Dave »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Half-way there.  Thanks!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
So was there a context where that figure was released in a sealed baggie?  I'm pretty sure I got him from opening some vehicle or playset, I just can't remember what it was.  I didn't put him in that bag and I certainly didn't buy him on eBay.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
That 2006 version of E1 Obi-Wan came with the 2012 Trade Fed MTT, but that one was in a bubble type thing and not a baggie...  can't recall another time they used that particular kitbash of E1 Obi-Wan.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Funny you say that, because I initially thought I'd gotten him out of the MTT, but then when I looked it up all the photos were of him in the plastic tray.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
That Evo Trooper is an interesting repaint.

I'm pretty sure that the Obi-Wan came from some sort of set in either EPI or POTJ.  That's the only reason for the baggie.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
The Padawan braid is one of the big distinguishing markers on that Obi-Wan Kenobi figure.  The color of the pants is the second.  Those are some of the indicators that seperate this particular Obi-Wan from the EPISODE I Obi-Wan that had the softgoods Padawan braid.  And the figure this most closely resembles is that 2006 TSC version.  But this one is missing the lightsaber and the softgoods Jedi cloak.

But the plastic baggie is the real head scratcher here.  Is it possible that you bought this from one of the Asian eBay sellers?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Sorry, just saw this... he definitely didn't come from Asia, I ended up with him as an extra.  My best guess is still that he came out of the MTT I bought on clearance at TJ Maxx, I just can't figure why he'd be in a baggie and not a tray.