Author Topic: 6" Black Series - Rogue One Wave 1  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
6" Black Series - Rogue One Wave 1
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Rumored Rogue One Wave 1 Lineup for Force Friday '16

Rey / BB-8 (Re-Pack)
Kylo Ren (new mold)
Rogue One: Jyn Erso
Rogue One: Stormtrooper
Medical Droid
Rogue One: "Seal Team Male" - Forest Whitaker's character

I'll wait to decide on these when (if  ::)) pics leak out, but already owning three of these figures doesn't exactly make me want to rush out at midnight to fight 15 people over 2 cases again.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:40 AM by Jeff »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - Rogue One Wave 1
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:09 AM »
I wonder what new mold Kylo Ren is?  New lightsaber that's film accurate like kmarts?  Or removable helmet(less) one?  I'd buy the latter one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 10:25 AM »
I think they have to go with a removable helmet for the new Kylo Ren.  What else is there to do with the character in figure form?

The other offerings seem pretty cool.  As for a "Medical Droid"?  FX-7 would make for an amazing figure in that scale with the articulated arms.  The POTJ version alone was an amazing figure.  I'm wondering if that may actually be a code name for the so-called Enforcer Droid from ROGUE ONE that's being played as a motion capture character by Alan Tudyk.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:30 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 10:55 AM »
As for a "Medical Droid"?  FX-7 would make for an amazing figure in that scale with the articulated arms.

I wonder if there is something new with the bacta scene they briefly show in the previews.  I agree that FX-7 would be really cool. 

Although, unless its a critical character to the new movie, I hope it isn't double packed or carried forward from wave to wave.  Hopefully Disney and Hasbro are working together better so we don't get a Zuvio-like figure that jams the pegs with a background or non-existent character.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Hopefully Disney and Hasbro are working together better so we don't get a Zuvio-like figure that jams the pegs with a background or non-existent character.

No pegwarmers...  good one, Dave. 

On a related note, check out this Zuvio story from EW today.  Shows you just how tapped in Hasbro was with Disney for TFA -

On Zuvio: “They had no idea and, frankly, we wouldn’t know either back when we were shooting, if he would end up in the final cut.” -JJ Abrams
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:36 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Hopefully Disney and Hasbro are working together better so we don't get a Zuvio-like figure that jams the pegs with a background or non-existent character.

No pegwarmers...  good one, Dave. 

On a related note, check out this Zuvio story from EW today.  Shows you just how tapped in Hasbro was with Disney for TFA -

On Zuvio: “They had no idea and, frankly, we wouldn’t know either back when we were shooting, if he would end up in the final cut.” -JJ Abrams

I know this is a Rogue One thread, but it still kills me that Hasbro (maybe without much help from Disney) chose so many random background characters to make in to figures when there is still so much opportunity to make other figures.  Especially in the first waves of figures released.  Don't even get me started on the blown opportunity with mixing new (and lightly repacked) Rebels figures in these cases. 

I would follow a couple of rules when choosing characters to make in to figures:
  • If a character isn't iconic or doesn't have a speaking role, they should never be made in to a 6" figure until they become icons.  Call this the "No Zuvio" rule.
  • If a character isn't iconic or doesn't have a speaking role, you shouldn't make more than one or two 3 3/4" figures of these until you've exhausted all of your other good ideas.  Call this the "Not too many PZ-Sarco-Goss" rule.