Author Topic: Rogue One Toy Rumors  (Read 29948 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Rogue One Toy Rumors
« Reply #30 on: September 1, 2016, 04:12 PM »
The lack of a Death Trooper in the first couple waves is curious, until you realize Hasbro's strategy is to extend the double dipping they employ with the BS 3.75 line to the 2 packs. We'll probably see a lot more movement on the 2 packs than we have for TFA, and some griping, until the Death Trooper shows up in wave 3. The 2 packs were pretty good for TFA but lacked any really good army building sets (unlike the Rebels series before them) so I'm glad to see them come back to this.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 1, 2016, 04:34 PM »
I expect the double dip with the Death Troopers.  And I can't really see myself buying 2 of those 2-packs with Pao & The Death Trooper.  I can hold off on any Death Trooper army building until those start turning up in the WalMart 3.75" Black Series around November or whenever the wave following Ahsoka & Ackbar turns up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Is Yakface or anyone putting together a checklist for Force Friday this time around?  I'm not sure I've got the complete list, or at least I'm not clear on what is supposed to be available on Force Friday vs. later in the fall.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 03:27 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2016, 05:54 PM »
Thanks Jayson!!!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 09:53 AM »
The UNOFFICIAL “Go Rogue: A Star Wars Collecting Checklist” Version 1.0" is now available for download.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Yes! Thank you very much Jayson!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 11:42 AM »
We're not expecting all of that on September 30th, are we?  I thought we were just getting one wave of figures.

Is there any clear intel on if all of this will be available?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 12:04 PM »
We're not expecting all of that on September 30th, are we?  I thought we were just getting one wave of figures.

Is there any clear intel on if all of this will be available?

I'd say 90% of this list will be available on Sept 30. Hopefully clearer, definite info can be shared in the next couple of days.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2016, 02:40 PM »
I don't think we'll see more than one wave of figures in any scale. I don't think we'll see that second wave of 2-packs with that sweet 7th Sister set either.  :(

I'm feeling doubtful on the A-Wing and Imperial Speeder too, but not sure how those cases break down so hopefully I'm wrong.

I just can't shake that disappointing memory from last year over how little stuff there was. Maybe they do more this year though.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2016, 04:12 PM »
Hera's A-wing has arrived on the west coast so I'm hopeful for that being available on Sept 30.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 07:06 PM »
That's good news...  I'm still interested in seeing it in person before I commit to buying one.  I think it's possibly off enough I won't want one, even though I've wanted a "McQuarrie A-Wing" for eons now in my collection.  I need something pretty cool though and I'm not sure this is gonna hack it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2016, 01:34 PM »
Not rumors, but this is really the only "general toy news" thread we have - here are some other nuggets from today's Hasbro Q&A google hangout-

- 3.75" AND 6" versions of TFA General Leia and TFA Luke are still coming... probably not until late next year though (Fall 2017).  [Makes sense to use them to build up to Ep8]

- There will be no 3.75" scale Imperial Hover Tank this year (or next spring).  Better hope for it to appear in another movie or we may not get it for a long time...

- As you would guess, we will eventually get 6" Bespin Han and 6" Endor Han - just not anytime soon.  Probably good odds to get them as we move into 40th Anniv for ESB or into "Han heavy" year to support upcoming Han movie when it happens.

- 3.75" Walmart Black Series will continue with two waves this Fall - we've seen one (Wave 5), the other will have Rogue One figures and will hit later this Fall.

- there will most likely be a 3.75" fan vote next year to go along with the 6" fan vote!  no firm details yet though

- Any Rogue One toy line 'Wave 2' (3.75", 2-packs, 6", etc) will more than likely not be available on 9/30.  Later in the year for Wave 2.

- The secrecy of TFA was a Disney/JJ Abrams thing for the most part.  Things have been much looser with Rogue One and probably will be in some regards with Ep8 since Rey, Kylo, Poe, Finn, etc aren't total secrets anymore.

- look for news soon on Black Series 6" retailer exclusives (like last year, expect the usual suspect to have them - we've seen Kmart, but Walmart, Target, TRU should all be in play again)

- look for info soon on some other Rogue One 6" guys like Baze, Chirrut, etc.  *may* be tied into above retailer exclusive announcement, but that could just be my interpretation.

- Marvel comic pack 2-packs idea gets kicked around from time to time, would be focused on the newest marvel comics/characters if they did it though

- and finally, there were more hints of some type of return/honor/nod to the vintage line to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of ANH next year.  Nothing firm, but lots of hinting again...

There may have been a few other things, but that's the bulk I think.

Be sure to check out Yakface, Star Wars Action News, and  JediNewsUK for more.  There was one other place in attendance, but I must admit I didn't know who they were - StarWarsUnderworld?  Apologies to them as I don't know them as wel as the others...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:36 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Thanks for the great info Jeff!

Kind of figured on Luke and Leia, but nice to see them at least speak to it. The lack of the Hover Tank is extremely odd. It features in nearly every other scale so far and would be a slam dunk to keep the Class II (or III? Whatever the FO Snow Speeder was) assortment going. Maybe its not a huge part of the movie so they're laying off, but still. Plus we need the driver! He's the coolest new trooper in the movie.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2016, 02:21 PM »
It does seem a little odd in that we got several new vehicles from TFA, including some that didn't even make the final cut, yet we're getting none from Rogue One.  I believe that Hover Tank has been shown in nearly all of the teasers, trailers, and Celebration footage made available.  Maybe its not a critical ship to the plot, but it has been shown a lot.