Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration VIII - Orlando; April 13-16, 2017  (Read 9727 times)

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I'm 7 for 7, so I am likely for this one.  Who else is going?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Celebration VIII - Orlando; April 13-16, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:27 PM »
I'm 7 for 7, so I am likely for this one.  Who else is going?

I haven't been there since #3, so might be time to get to another.  I need to start working on my sales pitch to the wife...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:37 PM »
And it's Easter Sunday so that should make it EASY.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 03:58 PM »
Picked up 4-day tickets for my step-son and myself just now. Was toying with the idea of the Jedi VIP ticket for myself, but those appear to have sold out pretty fast. REALLY looking forward to finally attending a Star Wars Celebration!

Already booked my stay at a Disney Resort too - so it'll be a nice mix of Star Wars and Disney!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 04:50 PM »
I want to go but I kinda want to wait till the new SW section is done and open to book a vaca there.  Being out east at least trips to Orlando are easy enough.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 05:48 PM »
So who all is going from JD?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: March 9, 2017, 06:41 PM »
I have some local buddies going, but not myself.  I don't travel outside driving or train too often and while Orlando's driveable, it's also kind of expensive and I want to save that for when Star Wars Land opens.  I can't say going to shows is much appeal to me anymore.  I don't really do panels and stuff, I just kind of meander around.  I'd rather meander around Star Wars Land, hehe. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 9, 2017, 08:19 PM »
Yep, I am a volunteer at the Collecting Track panels again. Come on by & check the panels out & collect the Star Tots & say Hi.  :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 10:43 AM »
I wish I could go, but sometimes personal things get in the way.

There's a very significant announcement on the guest list today.  Making his first ever U.S. convention appearance at Celebration Orlando will be Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles).  He's had a bit of a complicated relationship with Lucasfilm over the years, but it's nice to see something like this appearance at Celebration.  Is it a sign that he may be involved in the Sequel trilogy?  Who knows?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2017, 02:59 PM »
If you're going to Celebration Orlando and are interested in the Lego exclusive, which is a mini scene build of Detention Block AA-23, you can go to the lottery page here: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/LEGO-lottery/ and sign up for a chance to be selected to purchase the set.

Looks pretty nicely organized, so I'm hoping that both my son and I will get picked as we have 4-day passes so neither of us really care when we'll get slots.

Here's a pic of the set:
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2017, 05:57 PM »
That's the only exclusive for this show I've seen that actually seemed interesting to me.  I'm not buying Legos but that's pretty neat looking.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 5, 2017, 02:46 PM »
That's the only exclusive for this show I've seen that actually seemed interesting to me.  I'm not buying Legos but that's pretty neat looking.

Is there a good site for seeing all of the exclusives that have been announced so far?
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: April 5, 2017, 04:33 PM »
Is there a good site for seeing all of the exclusives that have been announced so far?

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Show-Floor/Exhibitor-Exclusives/#search=rpp%3D64

It's usually a day or two behind capturing everything that gets announcved, but it's still pretty good reference.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 5, 2017, 04:36 PM »
That Lego set looks awesome.   :'(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 11:28 PM »

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Show-Floor/Exhibitor-Exclusives/#search=rpp%3D64

It's usually a day or two behind capturing everything that gets announcved, but it's still pretty good reference.

Thanks Jeff.

Unfortunately, I got an email this afternoon indicating that I was NOT selected for the Lego exclusive lottery.

I still have the "opportunity" to queue up for the Lego booth opening at 4pm each day for a chance to buy the set. My guess is that means basically sitting by the booth for the entire day to ensure that you're the first one in the line and therefore IF any sets are left, you can get one.

My step-son also put his name in and he did not get the same email. My hope is that he was selected and that will be how I'm able to get one. Bummer is that I won't have a 2nd one to use to help someone who didn't go to Celebration get their hands on one for cost...  >:(
Peter