Author Topic: "Darth Vader:" What does it mean?  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
Re: "Darth Vader:" What does it mean?
« Reply #15 on: March 4, 2004, 01:59 PM »
 in the star wars universe names,, etc, even the force come from a collaberation of all sorts of cultures, religions, etc. think of the force. the force represents "the creater" or God. think of it. living energy that's there created by all living things. "....it binds the gallexy togather.". Lucas got this stuff by taking all of our cultures and entwining them. the concept of Darth Vader's name was put togather by Lucasw/ words in German and in Dutch. this is behind the scenes. making this increadable gallexy. I don't think German or Dutch themselves are named as a languages like Huteese as we know in these movies.  the words Darth Vader are prob. Sith language, ya know. so. hope this helped.    
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Darth_BullGates

• Youngling
  • All too easy.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 7, 2004, 10:50 PM »
I read somewhere that Vader stood for:

V engence
A nd
D estruction
E xtracting
R evenge

Aint saying thats true but it fits. ::)
Commander, tear this board apart until you find those Hyperspace pics, and bring me the poster I want them alive!!!!

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 8, 2004, 01:49 PM »
 that's a cool put togather for the name. i read this, what i know, from a Lucas licensed book that was quoted by Lucas. insane ! but , we will just have to wait and see come 2005.
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !