Author Topic: Chicken Fried Toys "Dime Novel Legends" Kickstarter  (Read 19564 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Chicken Fried Toys "Dime Novel Legends" Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: November 7, 2016, 06:28 PM »
I can't go all in but I'm going close to it and have a surprise courtesy of my bro who went beyond all in haha.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: November 7, 2016, 10:23 PM »
I really wanted to toss in some extra for some extra spud buckets, guns, and such, but the all-in was a $ stretch for me as it is.  I'll have to hope I can get some of the gun/loot packs once they make it to the online store in the next phase.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 7, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Thanks for the support guys!

The buckaroos and Boot Hill loot are our ways to get enough pieces for even the non-customizers to be able to cobble together a few figures from all your favorite media. 

There are some parts guys that will be selling head sculpts that match our neck ball (all our male figures have the exact same ball and post).   I think even one for that figure you are making. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: November 9, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Backed you Paul.  Sorry it took me this long!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 06:44 PM »
I really wanted to toss in some extra for some extra spud buckets, guns, and such, but the all-in was a $ stretch for me as it is.

Magnificent Seven was on cable last night... watched it and wanted these figures more than ever.

Pinched some pennies while watching Deadwood re-runs today (for more inspiration) and figured out a way to upgrade my pledge to the $800 "Gimme-Two-Steps" level, which includes 3x each of the ten basic figures from the all-in package.  That deal per figure just can't be beat in that package, especially adding in the bonus Vigilante figures, Buckaroo blanks, and gear packs.  I also had enough to add some extra $ to get the extra spuds and guns I wanted.

still a few hours left to pledge if you haven't already!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chickenfriedtoys/chicken-fried-toys-dime-novel-legends-1-18th-actio
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:49 PM by Jeff »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 04:16 PM »
We finally have a non-social media site up for those who don't want to be "tracked"....

www.chickenfriedtoys.com

I'm putting this in all the forums I frequent...

Jedidefender.com... check.

ok now I'm done.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 11:05 PM »
How was Joe Con, Paul?  I'm anxious about the whole thing and what all will happen going forward! :)

My pics are in. :P :x

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 11:48 PM »
Sounds like the backetkit is finally coming soon.  Been saving up some pennies...  I'm already into this line at the "Gimme-Two-Steps" level, but can't resist buying more beer mugs, barrels, weapons, and blanks.

I have so many customs I want to try out (Harrison Ford/Cowboys and Aliens; Man from Snowy River, etc).  Can't wait to see the backer kit! (And can't wait for Stagecoach and horses and series 2 too!) :)

Here's the Kickstarter Link again for those who have no idea what I'm talking about. :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2017, 11:00 PM »
To anyone that was remotely interested in this line, you can now pre-order the start-up Wave 1 figures and accessory packs using THIS Backerkit Page.

And, yes - I know $28 is a lot for 4" scale figures but it's a very small company trying to get something very niche (4" super-articulated western figures) off the ground basically because of their love for that niche and nothing more.  Production runs will be very small and ALL of the profits are being poured into the development costs for wave 2 (and horses and potentially vehicles/playsets).   

If you love it, support it. If you know someone that might like it, please share the link with them.   Thanks!*

*This post is not an ad, nor a sponsored post - it's here because we'd love to help Chicken Fried Toys reach a few more potential customers. ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16 AM »
Want to add in an extra nod of endorsement here.

This line's shaping up to be pretty special.  This is the direction collecting has gone to the "adult" market, and you gotta pay to play, more or less, but if these companies are making AMAZING toys, it's worth it to me.  The Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends line is a labor of love by the line's creator/dreamer, and it shows in the details on these. 

Who here DIDN'T love cowboys and indians in one form or another?  Now you have a collector-focused action figure line for said boyhood daydreams. 

These lines being pushed BY like-minded collectors, is what it's all about to me.  Toys the way you want them...  I've been shunting an increasing chunk of my toy budget to this kind of stuff, and I'm never disappointed I did so.  Star Wars still gets some money from me, but these get a lot of my $ because they're just amazing, they're collector-focused and driven, and they're making well rounded amazing collections unto themselves.

I backed this kickstarter too, and will be picking up some extras with the pre-order.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 10:41 PM »
There are fun looks at test shots up on Facebook. :)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:58 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2019, 05:45 PM »
"Your items for Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends 1:18th Action Figures have shipped!"

Woo-Hoo!  Really looking forward to these. :)

Can't wait for the next Kickstarter with Horses and Wave 1.5 figures!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 10:46 PM »
"Your items for Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends 1:18th Action Figures have shipped!"

Picked up my giant box from the Post Office this morning - I forgot how much I actually got in my kickstarter pledge.   :-X

33x basic carded 4" figures (3x each character)
6x 'blank' figures
2x 5-packs of heads
5x figure accessory packs
7x figure weapon packs
1x beer barrel and mugs set
1x whiskey bottles set
1x bucket o' spuds (for KP duty)

Kudos again to Paul and the Chicken Fried crew for dreaming up a toy line, jumping head first into creating it via kickstarter, and hitting the finish line.  I know if was a long road from the 2016 kickstarter, but it's so cool to finally have the finished product in my hands.  Can't wait for wave 1.5 with Horses and to see what else we can get in Wave 2!

Next step will be trying to figure out what I need to trade Jesse to get one of his personalized sculpt figure heads to create my own 4" Jesse figure.  Maybe make him a 'lil penguins sweater or something...  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2019, 12:02 AM »
Hmmm...  with a little stanley cup too?   :-X

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2019, 10:48 AM »
My kids' summer sports are finally winding down, which gives me some time to start really digging into these figures.

Whipped up my first custom last night - Classic Clayton Moore Lone Ranger!  Looking forward to whipping up a few more figures this week/weekend.