Author Topic: 2016 Celebration Europe Deluxe Unmasked Kylo Ren  (Read 5165 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2016 Celebration Europe Deluxe Unmasked Kylo Ren
« on: July 1, 2016, 10:33 AM »
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/01/star-wars-hasbro-kylo-ren-obi-wan-kenobi

$35 at Celebration Europe - Deluxe Unmasked Kylo Ren with melty Vader helmet and more -

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Celebration Europe Deluxe Unmasked Kylo Ren
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Not surprised to see an unmasked Kylo Ren.  But in this sort of release?  Hmmm...

Still, if this is the only way that the melted Darth Vader helmet is going to be released, there's going to be some major league nerdrage levelled at Hasbro in the next few days.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2016, 12:46 PM »
They should have done like every other year and made them both the same exclusive.  ::)

I'm not even going to waste energy worrying about it though, I've always been able to get previous exclusives for very decent prices by being patient. It'll all work out eventually.

Both of these sets are terrific IMO in terms of the toys themselves. Thank God they learned from that horrible cardboard table in the Han/greedo set and gave us some proper furniture this time around. I love stuff like that to spice up my displays.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Another nice set, and it would be nice if that melted Vader helmet was included in the eventual regular release - but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 1, 2016, 02:40 PM »
it would be nice if that melted Vader helmet was included in the eventual regular release

If they have to keep finding ways to get collectors to rebuy Kylo again and again over the next few years, I'd say it's a safe bet it will eventually find it's way to another 6" Kylo offering. :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Only takes one guy owning it who knows how to cast resin for it to not be so hard to get. :x
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2016, 07:34 PM »
Weren't there rumors that there was a new Kylo coming with the Rogue One figures? I'd wager this is it.

Like the Obi-Wan, I think the Japanese MAFEX Kylo will have the Vader helmet, but it'd be nice to have the Hasbro version for a decent price too haha.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 09:38 PM »
Looking through eBay (since I couldn't attend SWCE), the prices on this Kylo Ren are pretty high.  Most of the BIN's are at least $100.  The thing is... I don't know if it's worth that much to get a First Order banner.  Has anyone seen better pictures of the Black Series 6" unmasked Kylo Ren?  Because the scant images I saw of it in the package I could not see the Kylo Ren helmet or the melted Darth Vader helmet.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Wow, this is such a pass for me.  I own every 6" figure to date and multiples of many, but I'm not sure I would want this figure for $20 if someone came to my door selling it.  5 times that and added hassle of international shipping.  Hard pass.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Has anyone seen better pictures of the Black Series 6" unmasked Kylo Ren?  Because the scant images I saw of it in the package I could not see the Kylo Ren helmet or the melted Darth Vader helmet.

I have one of these in-hand now. (Thanks again, Hasbro!)

The Kylo helmet is an alternate head (may be the same as the first Kylo basic 6" release head? I don't have a 6" Kylo to compare, sorry) and not a true "removable helmet" for the figure.  Here's a pic of melty Vader helm -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Hasbro said the melty Vader helmet was incredibly difficult to do and scan...  This looks like they did a pretty damn good job with it though.  Hats off to them!

For me it's always the little things that set their work apart when they're on point like this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 10:45 PM »
For me it's always the little things that set their work apart when they're on point like this.

Indeed.  For me, it almost accounts for 50% of the appeal of this set.  That melted Vader helmet is sweet.  The 1st Order flag accessory, by contrast, only 1%.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 12:57 AM »
I dig the flag too but the melty helmet, that's just cool on a different level.  I liked when the 501st Stormtroopers got that Imperial flag too.  I like that goofy stuff.  Sometimes more than the figure it comes with.  :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Has anyone seen better pictures of the Black Series 6" unmasked Kylo Ren?  Because the scant images I saw of it in the package I could not see the Kylo Ren helmet or the melted Darth Vader helmet.

I have one of these in-hand now. (Thanks again, Hasbro!)

The Kylo helmet is an alternate head (may be the same as the first Kylo basic 6" release head? I don't have a 6" Kylo to compare, sorry) and not a true "removable helmet" for the figure.  Here's a pic of melty Vader helm -

Thanks, Jeff.  I probably should have been more specific in my initial post, because I was curious about the general release version.  It was on display in the package at SWCE in London, but I don't think that version was on display at SDCC.

Basically, I was just curious if the general release version of Kylo Ren includes either helmet.  I figured the banner would not be included, but I really wanted to know mostly about the Vader helmet.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 9, 2016, 11:33 AM »
Was able to snag this just now on HTS

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/exclusives/-b91040000

Seems to be selling a lot slower than Ben, and is still showing as In Stock as I make this post
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks