Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 165630 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2007, 08:50 AM »
I got Live Earth tickets for Giant Stadium.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2007, 09:45 AM »

Porcupine Tree

Saw these guys two years ago without ever having heard a note of their music. They played "Dark Matter," I became a fan.

My "Luck" kicks in. Bought two sets of tickets for Genesis. First set was during pre sales, just to get in the door, they're decent seats. Second set, I went to the venue and got really good seats with the idea I could easily get rid of the first set. Genesis goes and adds a second show, only one of the tour. Can't get rid of my first set of tickets. :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:45 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2007, 01:17 PM »

Porcupine Tree

Saw these guys two years ago without ever having heard a note of their music. They played "Dark Matter," I became a fan.

Thats great to hear. I have been a fan for a while now and have had the pleasure of interviewing and hanging out with steven wilson on many occasions. He really is a great guy, he loves the music, and is a great producer. He never stops working, he has so many side projects. The new album just came out in America, it's worth checking out. There is a 17 min track which is awesome. I have my tickets to see them when they come back to NY.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #318 on: July 8, 2007, 10:46 AM »
I went to Live Earth yesterday at Giant Stadium. It was OK if you could get passed all the political pro vegan stuff.  Roger Waters was great as always, Bon Jovi was much beter than the last time i saw him, the Smashing Pumpkins were as bad as i remember, and the Police were really not that great. Stong has this total worship me becuase i am honoring you just to be here vibe on stage. I am usually down for a jam but they turned Roxanne into this long drawn out thing that didnt work for me. Song selection wasnt great. The surprise of the day was Alicia Keys who looked great. She was wearing this little pink dress, very hot. She sounded great, a pleasant surprise.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 8, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Waters, as in Pink Floyd?  I'd kill to see that.  What did he play?

I saw Sting a couple years ago and thought he was OK, but kinda boring really.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 9, 2007, 01:33 AM »
Saw Poison and Ratt tonight.

Yay for crappy 80's glam-rock.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 9, 2007, 03:13 PM »
I had tickets to see Rush last night but due to my buddy getting stuck at work and god-awful traffic we didn't get there. Thankfully they were comp tickets so we didn't lose out on any $...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #322 on: July 9, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Waters, as in Pink Floyd?  I'd kill to see that.  What did he play?

I saw Sting a couple years ago and thought he was OK, but kinda boring really.

It was a short set at Live Earth, he did In the Flesh, Money, Us and Them, Eclipse and Another Brick in the Wall.

I saw him at MSG on the last tour and it was amazing, he did 2 sets. He did the entire Darkside of the moon the first set and them a bunch of random floyd stuff and a couple of solo tracks. I also had the pleasure of seeing David Gilmour when he played Radio City a feww weeks before Waters. Another amazing show with 2 sets. He did his entire new album and then a bunch of floyd stuff including echoes. I was blown away.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2007, 04:11 AM »
Saw Poison and Ratt tonight.

Ditto.

I was actually too afraid to admit it here, but seeing as Rob's already paved the way, I guess I can mention it.  I won't mention all the other 70's/80's arena rock bands and 80's metal and hair bands we've seen lately though, lest I get tarred and feathered by a few folks here.  I definitely didn't see REO Speedwagon at the Ventura County Fair last weekend either.  :-X

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 04:12 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I definitely didn't see REO Speedwagon at the Ventura County Fair last weekend either.  :-X

That's so funny. I was just out there on Wednesday, my Wife wanted to see a country act and I was thinking, why couldn't this be REO? :P

I just saw Rush last month. Next up, Genesis.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2007, 11:23 AM »
Went with the girlfriend to see Incubus the other night. It was an alright show, at least the seats were good, 6th row center.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 13, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Going to see Wierd Al on Thursday!
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Went with the girlfriend to see Incubus the other night. It was an alright show, at least the seats were good, 6th row center.

I can't fathom to see Incubus now when I used to see them in clubs the size of people's basements back when they were good. They are amazingly talented musicians that have let being on the radio limit themselves. Such a shame...

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 13, 2007, 04:55 PM »
Saw Rush a week ago last Friday.  Really good concert, 29 songs in 3 hours time. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 13, 2007, 06:45 PM »
i saw rush saturday.  i have seen them a bunch of times and was very pleased that they broke out quite a few songs i had never seen them do live before, or hadn't heard in a very long time.

they are a smart band recognizing that most of their audience are repeat customers and trying to mix it up so people will come out every time they tour.