Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164743 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #615 on: May 18, 2017, 04:52 PM »
Saw Testament, Prong and Sepultura a few weeks back. Testament headlined and was crushingly awesome. Prong wasn't bad either despite not playing any songs off the first album. Sepultura was as god awful as I imagined they would be. Boring as hell if they weren't playing Max's songs. Sad.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 22, 2017, 11:20 PM »
Heading up to DC. Next month to see U2 at RFK Staduim for the 30th anniversary of the Jishua Tree tour. Saw them 30 years ago at RFK. Some of the original group of us are getting together and going. God - I sound old.....
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 7, 2017, 01:47 AM »
I was in Los Angeles over Labor Day weekend and had the opportunity to see the man himself, John Williams, conduct the LA Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl! The show was AWESOME!

First hour was David Newman conducting. They performed the main theme from Robin Hood (1938), Dracula (1979) and performed live music to the Judy Garland number from A Star Is Born, along with some other minor music.

Then after intermission, John Williams comes out. It was an awesome scene, with every kid in the crowd igniting a toy lightsaber! He started with a minor chase song from Indiana Jones, followed by some minor themes from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. He then introduced the Harry Potter themes, which were HP and the Chamber of Secrets, Aunt Marge's Waltz, and the main HP theme.

Then, he brought out Kobe Bryant to narrate an animated short film about his basketball career, which Williams conducted music for!

Then came Star Wars! He teased playing some TLJ music and then said "I'll wait until next year." Ha! They performed the Scherzo for the X-Wings from TFA, Rey's Theme, then the Star Wars main theme with ANH intro and ANH end credits.

After that I was geeked and didn't really pay attention to the next song, and then they performed the Imperial March!

Encore was the Superman theme, after which Williams told the kids in the crowd it was past his bedtime.

An awesome show in a beautiful venue!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #618 on: September 22, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Took my fiancee to see Janet Jackson last night.  :-\ She enjoyed it but i wasn't a fan (not a fan of her music in general). My biggest issue was the fact that she only sang a few songs and let the tape do the rest.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 7, 2018, 09:21 AM »
MAGFest (Music And Gaming) rolled through town last night and I discovered one of the most amazing bands I have heard in a loooong time: Random Battles

They are from Baltimore and play insane, mostly instrumental prog metal covers of classic video game soundtracks. The arrangements and musicianship were top notch. I was blown away, bought both of their releases (Dark World is the new one) and a T-shirt as a show of support.

Great live show too!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 6, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Generation Axe tour featuring Steve Vai, Yngwie J Malmsteen, Zakk Wylde, Nuno Bettencourt and Tosin Abasi blew through town last night. Almost four hours of continuous shredding! One of the most incredible shows I have ever seen. Steve Vai is not from this planet.
 :) :D ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 1, 2019, 04:36 PM »
Hypocrisy, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Aenimus last Friday.

Buckethead this Friday.

Yob and Voivod Saturday night.

#somuchmetal!
 :D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 23, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Maryland Deathfest has officially kicked off! Drove 300 miles round trip last night (Baltimore) for the pre-fest show just to see Sweden's Naglfar. After 20+ years following this band, finally seeing them live was incredible.

But yeah, definitely too old for this late night shiite now... :-X

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Ha.  That’s how I felt seeing Refused on Monday.  I sat in the balcony with the other old farts, but it was partially because we got their too late to get close on the floor. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 17, 2019, 12:05 AM »
Incantation, Watain, and Morbid Angel...great night of metal. Trey still brings the heat!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 21, 2022, 12:22 PM »
Off to see Bill Burr’s favorite metal band Meshuggah tonight with Converge and Torche. Long drive, but worth it.  ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 1, 2023, 11:17 AM »
As someone who mostly just goes to small club punk rock shows... I'm on a weird stadium ticket buying kick right now. 

I saw KISS on Thursday, allegedly their last show will be tomorrow, so they only had 3 left after that one...
I bought Iron Maiden tickets for next October
Greenday / Rancid tickets for next August at Wrigley Field

And because it might be my last chance and I never saw them, I just picked up nosebleed Rolling Stones tickets for next June.