Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 165430 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Who?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #406 on: May 22, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Thinking about picking up some tickets for Coldplay when they're at SPAC here in June.

They're not my favorite band, but I saw them back in 2003 while they were supporting Rush of Blood to the Head and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen in my life.  I think my chest is still hurting from the bass at that show.

Plus, that show was crawling with chicks.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2009, 05:05 AM »
And  by June, I mean tonight, for Coldplay. Gonna be running a little late, but I don't really care too much about missing the first two acts. Some band I've never heard of, and some Pete Yourne guy thats apparently popular with Tweens, because my sisters have heard of him. Plus the shows I've been to have never started on time, and you have to love set up and take down times for the bands. I hope I have a blast!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2009, 03:15 AM »
Concert was postponed due to illness. A new date is being set.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Well, my buddy and I were planning on going to see Motley Crue in August but it is appearing tha we won't.  My buddy caught them in concert the other night on one of his HD channels and said Vince Neil's voice sounds horrible and you couldn't hear him well over the instruments.  I've noticed the same thing when I've caught them on VH1's Classic in Concert.  Some of that could just be the TV mix, but I'm highly doubtful with it being HD.

So, I'm kind of sad that I'll probably not be going, but yet happy that I won't be dropping $100+ on a concert.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Next seeing The Sonic Youth at the legendary Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  Thursday, July 16.

Woot.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 3, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Well, my buddy and I were planning on going to see Motley Crue in August but it is appearing tha we won't.  My buddy caught them in concert the other night on one of his HD channels and said Vince Neil's voice sounds horrible and you couldn't hear him well over the instruments.  I've noticed the same thing when I've caught them on VH1's Classic in Concert.  Some of that could just be the TV mix, but I'm highly doubtful with it being HD.

So, I'm kind of sad that I'll probably not be going, but yet happy that I won't be dropping $100+ on a concert.

things have probably changed since the girls girls girls tour when i saw the crue, but i was actually kinda surprised what a tight band they were.  prior to going, me and my friends had always wondered how a group of guys who could barely sing and play their instruments (except for tommy) could have ever become famous.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2009, 12:20 PM »
After U2 in September, I'll be seeing Pearl Jam's second show in Philly in October.  Pretty excited for both, it'll be the first time seeing each live.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 17, 2009, 03:02 PM »
After U2 in September, I'll be seeing Pearl Jam's second show in Philly in October.  Pretty excited for both, it'll be the first time seeing each live.

Nice.  Blasphemous though it may be, I'm not a huge U2 fan.  That said, I'd go see them live if I had the chance.

Pearl Jam is amazing (thank you Scott) and just a fantastic show.

For me, the only show on the slate thus far is AC/DC in August (5th row on the floor).  I'm going to try and get tickets for the ZZ Top/Aerosmith show now that they've dropped prices.  Also still trying to get in for the Metallica show in October. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Tool in 2 days :)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2009, 10:25 AM »
I'm going to see the Moody Blues next month as my five year wedding anniversary from my wife. I'm really excited about it. It's cool to see the classics before they die. And then were just stuck with the "musicians" that make music nowadays.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 7, 2009, 09:58 AM »
I'm going to see the Moody Blues next month as my five year wedding anniversary from my wife. I'm really excited about it. It's cool to see the classics before they die. And then were just stuck with the "musicians" that make music nowadays.

It was really cool to see 60+ year olds doing what they've been doing for 40+ years so well. Really cool!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 7, 2009, 01:54 PM »
NIN in three weeks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2009, 02:58 PM »
AC/DC in six hours.   8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Went to Heaven & Hell last night, good show but short set. Britney Spears was playing upstairs at the garden so i assume thats why the we got out earlier than usual.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"