Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164715 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2004, 02:08 AM »
Actually i got tickets to see Ms. Britney Spears on March 9th in Oakland at the Oakland Arena, I actually have floor seats!!! Section A, ROW 5, i paird 120 for mine though, but i do love Britney i must admit! :-X

I wanna see Sarah McLachlan too, Aerosmith and Beyonce and Alicia Keys.  But yea, i am a lil excited about that, did i forget to mention i am seeing Hilary Duff at Arco Arena to on the 28th !!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2004, 02:17 AM »
i havent been alive for very long, but ive seen some cool bands.  i dont reamember all the ones ive seen, but i remember placebo and interpol because ive seen them so many times.  going to see Franz Ferdinand next month yayyayayayayayay

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2004, 02:34 AM »
Placebo is good? I saw them once about 5 years ago opening up for Stabbing Westward and the only thing I can recall about them is that the power to their amps went out and they stopped playing and that was the only reaction they got from the crowd, an applause right off the stage.

As for some great concerts I've seen here's my top 5 all time, though not in any particular order:

3/16/02: Dream Theater (this was the 3rd show in 02 where they covered Master of Puppets in its entirety as part of a 3.5 hr show)
2/9/97: Metallica (had front row seats, was a blast, too bad they suck now)
7/19/98: Ozzfest 98 (can't beat Ozzy, Megadeth, Tool, Sevendust, and Motorhead)
7/31/99: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (just an awesome musical event)
6/26/99: Local H (part of a local venue all day event in Chicago called MOBFest)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2004, 02:37 AM »
i stopped being able to listen to placebo recently. maybe i just listened to them way too much. anyway i started hating them and all my friends like them and they piss me off.

This is a James Bond Song! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2004, 01:52 AM »
So. . .  How far would you go to see your favorite band?

WILCO:

APR-21 COLUMBIA, MO - The Blue Note
APR-23 NEW ORLEANS, LA - Orpheum
APR-24 AUSTIN, TX - Stubb's BBQ
APR-27 SANTA FE, NM - The Lensic Theatre
APR-28 FLAGSTAFF, AZ -  The Orpheum Theatre
APR-29 TUCSON, AZ - Rialto Theatre
MAY-01 INDIO, CA - Coachella
JUN-11 MANCHESTER, TN - Bonnaroo

Thanks, guys, for yet another year of not playing Oklahoma--continuing your six-year-plus streak.

True, we may be the armpit of America, but throw us a f--king bone, will ya?

Now to decide which direction to travel 500 miles in to see these guys. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2004, 02:01 AM »
AEROSMITH with guests Cheap Trick, May 18, Edmonton.  8)  Tickets on sale 2/21/04.  :o  Gotta get some sleep!  ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2004, 02:08 AM »
I've seen Aerosmith in person once, and during which, I threw a ketchup packet that glanced off Steven Tyler's cheek.

Now, normally, I'd be ashamed of throwing something at an artist--but that's something that Steven Tyler hasn't been since 1976. . .

But, yeah.  Prince tickets go on sale here in about nine hours--I'm doing some big-time flip-flopping on whether or not to pick any up.  Used to be a huge fan, only saw him once, about six years ago, but since then, have lost almost all interest in the man. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2004, 02:25 AM »
Prince, formerly known as an unpronouncable symbol.   ;D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2004, 02:34 AM »
Prince, formerly known as an unpronouncable symbol.   ;D

Yeah, well, the man may be cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, but he's made some excellent music over the past twenty-five years. . .

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2004, 02:24 PM »
Twelve hours and one-hundred and seventy-five bucks later, I'm the proud owner of two front-row-on-the-floor tickets to see a concert by a man who hasn't put out a decent record in well over a decade!

Woo-hoo!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2004, 02:41 PM »
I got 1 ticket for Aerosmith & I'm sitting side stage. Not great but it will do!  ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2004, 01:51 PM »
So, my official next concert is Velvet Revolver in Dallas on June 19th.

Bonnaroo, a week or two earlier, is becoming less and less likely, but you never know.

But that's kind of okay, because coming up in August in Dallas is the two-day Lollapalooza show, featuring the great Sonic Youth on Day One, followed by the almighty Flaming Lips on Day Two (along with a host of other terrific bands, of course).

And the Prince show last month was fantastic.  Best non-general admission seats I've ever had.  And, [swoon]he looked at me, and we made eye contact. . .[/swoon]

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2004, 01:55 PM »
 :-\ I really want to catch Linkin Park, live, but of corse, the closest to me that they are playing is NYC.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2004, 07:22 PM »
Coming this August/Sept: The Cure, Morrissey, the Pixies, and Siouxsie and the Banshees. What a great time to be alive!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2004, 11:38 PM »
Coming this August/Sept: The Cure, Morrissey, the Pixies, and Siouxsie and the Banshees. What a great time to be alive!

The Pixies are going to be in Austin on 9/18 for the ACL Music Festival, and their only other Texas dates are in October:  in Houston on 10/17, and in Grand Prairie on 10/19.

Pollstar

(Might have to hit that Grand Prairie show myself. . .)

And that Curiosa tour hits Dallas on 8/14--just about ten days before the Lollapalooza tour.  

Cure/Curiosa info

Interesting.