Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164783 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Ya I saw Ozzy about 15 years ago too with Korn & Megadeth (I think it was those three)  He sure does like to clap a lot and not much else - but had a good voice to him and the audience was very engaged.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 6, 2010, 11:32 PM »
My birthday isn't for a month and the concert isn't until January, but my wife bought me Ozzy tickets tonight.  Slash is opening.  I'm pretty freakin' stoked.  I've been walking around the house tonight much to my wife's chagrin singing "Ironman".
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 10, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Saw Overkill last night with Forbidden, pretty crushing. The boys can still bring it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #513 on: November 15, 2010, 01:34 AM »
Saw the 3 night A Perfect Circle sets last weekend, very awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 21, 2011, 10:07 AM »
Thought I'd bump this up.

I went to see Ozzy with Slash opening.

Slash was pretty good but it took a couple of songs for him personally to get going.  His singer for this tour is Myles Kennedy.  He did great with the vocals, but not so much on showmanship.  I'd give the overall performance a B or a B-.  I really expected a lot more, but I guess a lead guitarist can only do so much.  People got pretty fired up about the old GnR stuff, but not very much for his new stuff and he only played one VR song.  As I was watching the GnR stuff get played and people got going, it made me wonder what it must have been like with the old band and Axl on lead.  I bet places they played went nuts.

Ozzy was freakin' awesome.  He came out, got everyone fired up and sang his ass off.  The old fat man did a great job.  He had a foam cannon that he kept blasting himself and those up front with.  His band was incredible and he fed off them and the crowd fed off him.  His performance was a very solid A in my opinion. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 22, 2011, 02:31 PM »
I believe I'm going to a White Chapel gig in Feb or March. Will have to contact my buddy about that. But attending a big Belgian metalfest (http://www.graspop.be/2010/en/index.html) is certain! I mean, Ozzy, Zombie, ATR and Foreigner! Hell yeah!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2011, 10:39 AM »
But attending a big Belgian metalfest (http://www.graspop.be/2010/en/index.html) is certain! I mean, Ozzy, Zombie, ATR and Foreigner! Hell yeah!

Awesome, do yourself a favor and catch Arch Enemy and Amorphis' sets too. They appear to be the two best metal bands on that bill.  8)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2011, 07:58 PM »
I haven't gone to a concert in probably a decade, so when I heard that Motley Crue and Poison were touring together this summer, I couldn't resist.  Motley Crue was the only band I didn't get to see back in the height of the hairband era (I saw Poison on their 'Look What the Cat Dragged In' tour with Ratt).  I'm sure it's not going to be the same as what Motley and Poison were in their prime, but I'm still pretty stoked to get to finally see Motley and catch Poison again.  This was my birthday gift this year from my wife, so that will make it even more enjoyable.  The show is June 25, so I still have a while to go, but I'll make sure I give a full report.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 19, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Just picked up tickets for Roger Daltrey this morning.  Wasn't really planning on going but he's doing the entire Tommy gig with other stuff, so that was something I didn't want to pass up.  Show's not until November. 

Also hoping to score tickets for Pearl Jam for their September show. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #519 on: May 21, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Flew from Phoenix back home to NJ yesterday to finally see Anathema. They were amazing.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 16, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Might as well bump this up.

I went to see Motley Crue about a week ago when they were here in Dallas.  All I can say is the concert was bad ass.  It was funny seeing the people there who are still lost in the 80's.  I'm not talking about the music, but the way they dressed.  It wasn't just mock dressing, but truly what they wear.

Anyhow, the Crue was awesome!!  I was a bit disappointed Mars didn't do a guitar solo, but the crowd was rocking, the fireworks were great and it was good to hear my all time favorite band tearing up the stage.

Embrace the suck.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 18, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Just got back from one helluva show by Primus. Haven't seen them since '98  :o They were just awesome!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 26, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Just picked up tickets for Roger Daltrey this morning.  Wasn't really planning on going but he's doing the entire Tommy gig with other stuff, so that was something I didn't want to pass up.  Show's not until November. 

Show was cancelled today  :-\  No reason given, just not doing the show here.  I'm kind of happy because even though I long ago paid for the tickets, I'm happy to get the cash back right now. Still would have rather gone to the show. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 21, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Went to see Seasick Steve last Friday. Damn, probably the best concert I've seen this year! Support act was a Dutch blues singer by the name of Qeaux Qeaux Joans. Not too shabby either.

Took a couple of pics, which can be seen here:..... or not :s Seems like flickr's down for maintance of sumtin'....

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #524 on: November 25, 2011, 11:56 PM »
got myself some GA tickets for GNR on New Year's Eve in Las Vegas  ;D