Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164732 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #525 on: November 26, 2011, 02:01 AM »
A long way off, but I scored seats for the Roger Waters "The Wall" tour.  This is the second show in Winnipeg as the first show sold out in ten minutes.  Hoping the second sells out as quickly as I was able to score presale tickets.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:49 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 26, 2011, 10:55 AM »
I got tickets to Roger Waters too, June is going to be a great music month between Bonnaroo and The Wall!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 26, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Brent... I got 2 tickets to Rogers Waters too for the 2nd show... will be looking straight at the stage tho will need a scott air pack sitting that high... lmao! A great way to spend my BD...  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 2, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Scored floor seats for Deep Purple.  It'll either be great or horrible.  I'm not sure those guys aren't in their 70s  :-X

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 7, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Went to see a double double bill last night: Confession / Miss May I / The Ghost Inside / Parkway Drive. Or Driveway Park. Drivepark Way? Drivethrough Penalty? I dunno. Pretty cool though, wish Miss May I were higher on the bill, so they could've played longer than 30 mins.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 7, 2012, 06:25 PM »
I'm all set to see:

• Tenacious D
  • KISS / Motley Crue
  • Wilco / Andrew Bird
  • Refused
  • Danzig and Doyle perform Misfits

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 7, 2012, 07:38 PM »
I'm all set to see:

• KISS / Motley Crue

I'm trying to talk a buddy into going to this one in August.  He's not a fan of KISS.  I said I'm not much of one, but want to see their stage show.  I'm betting it would be a wild concert with Motley Crue.  He and I went to see the Crue last summer and it was freakin' awesome.

I asked my wife and barely got the question out before she told me "hell no." 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 7, 2012, 10:57 PM »
I'm all set to see:

• Tenacious D

Where you seeing the D? Have they announced an official tour yet? I saw there is a new album coming out next month. If there's East Coast dates, color me there.

"SMALL seasoned curlies!"
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 7, 2012, 11:16 PM »
A long way off, but I scored seats for the Roger Waters "The Wall" tour.  This is the second show in Winnipeg as the first show sold out in ten minutes.  Hoping the second sells out as quickly as I was able to score presale tickets.

How was this, Brent? I've got tickets to see it next month in Phoenix.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 8, 2012, 02:07 AM »
I'm all set to see:

• KISS / Motley Crue

I've seen kiss a few times since moving to Chicago.  It's a big show, you definitely get your money's worth.  It'll be my first time seeing Motley Crüe.  I keep missing them somehow.

I'm trying to talk a buddy into going to this one in August.  He's not a fan of KISS.  I said I'm not much of one, but want to see their stage show.  I'm betting it would be a wild concert with Motley Crue.  He and I went to see the Crue last summer and it was freakin' awesome.

I asked my wife and barely got the question out before she told me "hell no."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 8, 2012, 02:09 AM »
I'm all set to see:

• Tenacious D

Where you seeing the D? Have they announced an official tour yet? I saw there is a new album coming out next month. If there's East Coast dates, color me there.

"SMALL seasoned curlies!"

I'm seeing them in Chicago in July.  They are doing a bunch of dates.  Check out their website for the full list.   They're playing at the Aragon Ballroom here, it's a really big venue.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 10, 2012, 07:24 AM »
I'll be seeing the D at the Rock-am-Ring festival in Germany (www.rockamring.com), along with a lot of other good bands. Really looking forward to that!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 10, 2012, 07:15 PM »

How was this, Brent? I've got tickets to see it next month in Phoenix.

We don't get the show until June 1st, so you'll have to tell me.  I've heard nothing but good reviews thus far from folks who have seen it.  I think it's a mindset kind of concert where you have to be prepared for the type of show it is.  I believe certain mind altering drugs aid in the enjoyment of the show. 

Not a lot of shows coming to Winnipeg this year it seems.  I'm hoping to score some tickets for B.B. King though. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 10, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Holy ****...that was a long way off back then.  For some reason I thought your post was about his first leg.

In this case, I'll let you know how it goes.  Don't know how I'll fare on the psychedelic substance front, but I'm sure I'll imbibe something.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 10, 2012, 10:50 AM »
Caught Megadeth @ The National here in Richmond last night. Not really a fan of the more recent stuff, but it's always good to hear stuff from the first few albums.

I guess it has been awhile since I have been to a concert, noticed a few new trends I do not like.

1) $42 for a ticket?!?! I paid half that much to see Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth AND Alice In Chains back in the day. All they had for an opening act was some crappy local band that won some contest. What exactly am I paying for here? A giant video screen? Someone's monstrous coke habit?

2) No encore? My friend says he is noticing this more and more too. I thought an encoure was a given, but I guess $42 only buys you an hour and twenty minutes of music now.

3) Dbags in the audience holding up their $#&* phones to film the show that is going on right in front of them. They need to designate a special section of the venue for these tools, I swear. Every other person around me was throwing up an iphone in my face trying to get that perfect angle. Put your phone away and just pay attention. If your friends couldn't go to the show, f'em, you dont need to film it for posterity.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy