Author Topic: 2016 Hasbro 6" Fans' Choice Poll Discussion  (Read 18689 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Hasbro 6" Fans' Choice Poll Discussion
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2016, 11:04 PM »
So Yarna D'al Gargan didn't win?
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2016, 07:21 AM »
They seriously need to check the data, the voting is rigged.  Talon was ahead by 5 points 24 hours ago with 54k votes.  Suddenly we have 13k new votes to push Starkiller into the lead? Yeah right.  That's tampering.  They should start by checking out Matthew Geoffrey Levine, who commented nonsense countless times to hide another person's earlier comment about vote tampering. 

Let's do the math.  24 hours ago, Talon was at 26% and Starkiller was at 22%.  There were approximately 54,500 votes.  In under 24 hours, there are suddenly 13,000 new votes and Starkiller is up to 27%.  To achieve that, Starkiller had to get roughly 6,500 votes, implying that the other 5 characters all got 6,500 votes COMBINED.  I call shenanigans.

Starkiller is at 28% now, with around 10,000 votes in the last 36 hours.  Tampering for sure, but is it some crazed fan or just Hasbro swinging the vote?  I'm sure they could just change the numbers to whatever they want if they decided Starkiller was a better option.  I made the comments in my quote on the site yesterday and they were magically deleted.  Makes me think some higher power is behind the voting manipulation.   

Really disenchanted with all things Star Wars this morning...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Less than an hour to go in the voting now. Quite a coincidence how 30,000 people all decided to vote for Jaina overnight last night.  ::)

Would love to see Hasbro come out and say they are throwing out all the results because of rampant fraud. And then never do this again.  :D

How come people what like Dengar ain't got computer hacking skillz??
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2016, 03:07 PM »
They overtook Hasbro's Starkiller choice? Yeah, I think it's fair to say they'll never do this again.

People that like Dengar probably can't even dress themselves.  >:D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2016, 03:20 PM »
It really wouldn't be that hard to require an email address, or use cookies, or a login, or any of a number of basic methods to limit voting to one per person.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Just so asinine. and they don't even care the thing was a complete sham from the start. Blecchh!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Glad to see that a couple of figures on my own list got confirmed by Hasbro today.  I'm looking forward to both Qui-Gon Jinn and the Emporer's Royal Guard in a big way.  And it looks like they did them pretty well.

Still, I am very surprised to see that Jaina Solo won the poll.  She really got that much support?  Perhaps I personally underestimated the popularity of an NJO character like hers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2016, 06:02 PM »
I can't say I care...  I'm sure there's some kind of pimping of this there, at the show, but ultimately it's all 6" so it's off my radar regardless.  Maybe it was tampered with, maybe it's just that final push like at election polls as the hour grows late.  Whatever, it's done, we're getting a ton of the OT stuff people wanted just by the presentation so if Jaina gets made, more power to...  uh...  whoever? 

Jacen not being made would be kinda dumb now, but hey, cool. :) 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2016, 08:49 PM »
I would have been happy with any of these (Starkiller would have bored me some).

Anything OTC would have been great.

But count me in the camp that's confused why so many people are confused Jaina Solo is popular.

I'm excited to have an official Hasbro release to go with my custom Jaina Pilot/tank top 6" figure.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2016, 09:30 PM »
Could care less about this poll or suggested shenanigans. If Jania is in the Jedi outfit she had when they made her in TLC back when I'd be inclined to buy her. Glad to see a lot of notables among the voting at various sites (Lando, Royal Guard) make it regardless.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03 PM »
Yeah, OT fans have to be happy here and make the Jaina pick, for whatever reason she made it, not matter that much.  Still a lot of OT goodness coming.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2016, 11:01 PM »
I'm actually really excited for a Jaina figure.  While there is no doubt in my mind that the late surge of votes was tampering, she was the one figure that seemed to get the most votes in the comments throughout the week.  I think there is a lot of legitimate love for that character and I like that she came out on top, even though I'd rather be looking forward to Darth Talon. 

That said, I'm beyond frustrated at the tampering in the "Fan voting."  There's no point in having a poll where I get a vote or two, if someone else with some hacking ability can account for thousands.  Like Dave said, it wouldn't be that hard to put some controls in place to prevent this or even correct it after the fact.  The Jaina surge in one day seems almost impossible, and I'm convinced the Starkiller surge the prior two days wasn't legit either.  Heck, the initial jump ahead for Talon was probably tampering too if its that easy.  I'd rather Hasbro just took the site votes and said, "Jaina got the most site votes, so we're making her."  This charade of letting the fans vote just leaves a sour note on the whole thing, no matter who they pick.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2016, 10:34 AM »
I'm actually really excited for a Jaina figure.

Same here.  It's funny though, seeing grown men on various boards crying over voter "fraud" on the choice of which plastic toy will be made.
Binders full of astromechs...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2016, 11:26 AM »
I'm honestly very surprised that these EU characters make the cut ahead of things like the Gamorrean Guard, Lando, Royal Guard, etc.

OK, two things - 1) Hasbro embargo'd me from saying anything until after the SDCC panel and 2) I was on vacation last week and didn't have much time to say anything anyway. :P

When I sent in our 6" poll results, the Hasbro PR team let me know that there was a good chance a lot of the JD top six wan't going to make the final cut because Hasbro felt "it was important to make sure the top 6 candidates gave voters the chance to choose a truly new and incremental figure".

Basically anything that was already in development (like Qui-Gon, Hera, Lando, Tusken, and Royal Guard) or anything on the parking lot / short list (like 4-LOM and Zuckuss) were tossed out. 

A little late I know, but I just thought I'd share that little nugget.  Doesn't mean that 4-LOM and Zuckuss are officially 'confirmed' or anything, but they are definitely on the short list for the next year or two.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2016, 11:30 AM »
So using that logic it sounds like Dengar must not be "in the parking lot" yet.