Author Topic: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018  (Read 29527 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018
« Reply #105 on: January 1, 2019, 12:05 AM »
I realized after I posted that I did actually pick up a few Range Troopers, so I have at least seen something...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #106 on: January 3, 2019, 05:09 PM »
I've also only seen wave 1 in the store. They certainly aren't making it easy to support this line.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 6, 2019, 12:04 PM »
They certainly aren't making it easy to support this line.

It's all about having the right pulse on consumer interest. Thinking a little more about it, I wonder who is responsible for more of the blame for over-ordering any particular wave. Wave 1 sold well in the first month or so of release. But, retailers in certain regions (maybe most?) just kept getting that same wave, over and over and over. If they moved onto the following waves, sales would have absolutely been stronger. So, who's fault is the glut of Wave 1? Hasbro overproducing and overshipping that wave? Or the retailers for not understanding the consumer and not paying more attention to how turn over product more profitably. I suppose, it the end, on the retail side, the people ordering have little understanding of concept of waves and have little control over that, but I'm only guessing.

Retail is certainly losing out to e-tail, though. I bought 3 of the 4 Vintage waves by the case from EE.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."