Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)  (Read 44052 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2016, 07:22 PM »
Iron Squad-dumb

Zeb had a look of disgust or contempt at the end of the episode that sums up the entire thing. This is almost every bad thing you'd think a Disney Star Wars series would be, annoying adolescent twits humiliating the supposedly formidable Empire.  The bumbling Imperial officer more interesting in creating an obvious trap than taking out the enemy he has at his mercy. Cliched lines such "I can't believe you guys came back!" and bickering astromech droids who still save the day. The cavalry showing up in time, while the enemy reinforcements are too late. Yay.  ::)

The saving graces were the freighter and a brief appearances by Thrawn.

We never saw what the surface of the planet looks like so who cares if they had to leave? A few more episodes like this and who will care at all?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2016, 08:20 PM »
The YT-2400 freighter is a nice nod to the old EU... as long as they keep Dash Rendar out of the mix.  That character was very much a product of his times, and not very interesting.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2016, 06:37 PM »
The 3 irritating yout's were tributes to Rebels Recon's host Andi Gutierrez and her production crew. But that changes nothing. A terrible episode with references is still a terrible episode.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Yeah, but all those great plot twists!  Who could forsee Mart staying with the ship?  Then the Empire uses him as bait instead of blowing his ship to pieces or taking him prisoner.  Amazing!  And the two astromechs almost bumbled the whole mine thing, but found the courage to work together.  I almost wept.  The greatest surprise of all was that Imperial mines don't remote detonate if they're moved from the ship bulkhead to a container crate.  Who knew?! 

Between this and lackluster Walking Dead, my TV time is close to becoming my new nap time.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2016, 12:12 AM »
Well, the Empire thinks a TIE transporter and its four fighters are enough to subjugate an entire world, so...but then again, there was probably less  the population of a US county on the entire planet if all the dissenters could fit on one rebel ship. Lots of sparsely populated worlds. Everyone wants to live on Coruscant, I guess.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2016, 08:37 AM »
Well, the Empire thinks a TIE transporter and its four fighters are enough to subjugate an entire world, so...but then again, there was probably less  the population of a US county on the entire planet if all the dissenters could fit on one rebel ship. Lots of sparsely populated worlds. Everyone wants to live on Coruscant, I guess.

Well, in one scene you could see the outline of the trees from space, so I'm guessing that planet was only about the size of a first ring suburb.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2016, 11:30 AM »
The Wynkahthu Job

Chopper's Alan Rickmanish-voiced droid pal is back!

Okay, so they can breathe in this planet's upper atmosphere? Otherwise they'd have to design space suits for characters.

Hondo, you've worn out your welcome and so has the other guy.

What seems to be Dark Troopers, which I thought were supposed to be a secret project, are mere sentry droids here. The kind they have on all Imperial freighters (?)...except the one Chopper stole last season, apparently.  ??? And conveniently they take prisoners, otherwise Zeb and the disgusting alien guy would be dead. (But the Empire is well known for taking prisoners, actually)

They got their proton bombs, most of them, but what was the unsupervised Hondo loading while Ezra was saving Zeb? They have to the zinger at the end, that Hondo got nothing for his trouble. But how did the Ugnaught know Hondo would even get out with that crate?

The treasures were a vague thing, anyway...they could be priceless artifacts worth more than proton bombs, actually. The Ghost crew may have made the wrong call. Could've saved some history, the kind people would pay for, and made enough black market credits to buy bombs. In short, the Rebels SHOULD have been thinking like pirates, and less like freedom fighters.

Aside from the proton bombs, it was mostly a light-weight filler episode, but better than last weak.  This show's story lines aren't going anywhere fast.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:30 AM by Scockery »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 2, 2016, 10:43 AM »
I actually like this one a little bit.  I like it when its just The Ghost crew on some random mission, and it was nice to see Zeb have a role in an episode for a change.

I'm still hoping for a big sweeping story arc that wraps everything up at the end of the season.  I thought that is what Thrawn was going to be about, but so far we're going nowhere fast.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 2, 2016, 01:37 PM »
I'd say the most off thing about it was the Imperial Sentry Droids, a lot of people were hoping for Dark Troopers specifically.

Rebels Recon said they were originally going to be probe droids. In this case changing them to Dark Trooper-like robots for a nod to the EU opens up a lot of questions, like how come the Empire doesn't use them more?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #84 on: December 2, 2016, 03:02 PM »
These droids along with the introduction of the K2 model droid raises huge questions. It seems counter intuitive that the Empire would use an army of anything other than droids or clones considering its enormous disregard for life and the ubiquity of these technologies. Even a conscripted army can develop minds of their own, which is what we see happen again and again. You could make a case there was a political distaste for droids or clones post CW, but it's clear Palpatine gave zero ***** about the political mood of his subjects.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 3, 2016, 05:54 PM »
Inside Man aka Fear and Lothal in Las Kallus

Back to moving forward with the real story.
Return of Ryder...odds of him getting an action figure are  still 3,720 to 1
Thrawn gets more ruthless.
Obvious Fulcrum reveal is obvious.
AT-AT's are still undermanned. (Will we ever get a Rebels At-At driver figure? We'll never the AT-AT, so does it matter?)
Chopper is still most competent member of team.

TIE DEFENDER coming? (6  or 7 years ago that would've meant a chance at a 3 3/4" version...ahaw-haw... :( )

How did Ezra and Kanan ever hope to pass inspection? Both have to be on the empire's most wanted lists. Kanan is blind, if they'd asked him to remove his helmet, they'd probably notice that.

How did Thrawn get that helmet Kanan wore on the Sith temple planet? Or even know of its significance?

« Last Edit: December 3, 2016, 06:47 PM by Scockery »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Solid episode last week. 

I like that they've added some intrigue with Thrawn and Kallus.  Are the plans that were stolen legit, or just bait in his larger plan to uncover spies within his own ranks?  Is Kallus really Fulcrum, or part of Trrawn's plan?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Visions and (Scary) Voices

Maul returns. Yay. Bendu returns. Yay?

Seeing Dathomir again was mildly interesting. Maul jsut leaves his nostalgia cache for anyone to land on the abandoned planet and find. But who'd want to go there?

Sabine gets the dark saber, which dumb schmuck Ezra was just gonna leave there, because who needs powerful old weapons?

Okay episode, but it told us what we mostly already know, Maul is gonna seek out Kenobi and yes, the Night Sisters are dead...again...whole dead this time giving up the neon ghosts. So, episode still felt a little like stalling.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2016, 08:42 PM »
I liked it but am an admitted sucker for anything Nightwitchy. Figured we might get an obligatory Talzin cameo but I guess she is for reals dead now.

Pretty sure we will see that dark saber again. Always liked that thing.

Sucks they don't know it's Tattooine they need to find. Maul should be there in about twenty minutes, and we all know in SW you always immediately find the person you are looking for no matter where you land on the planet. That should be some throw down.

Bendu would be a huge pain to try and customize but I want one more and more for my Rebels display.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Sucks they don't know it's Tattooine they need to find. Maul should be there in about twenty minutes, and we all know in SW you always immediately find the person you are looking for no matter where you land on the planet. That should be some throw down.

The way Maul talked about it seems like he knows where to go.  It sounded like he recalled Tatooine from the time of Episode I.

I'm personally wondering if this might play out in a similar fashion to the way the Visionaries comic did back in the Dark Horse comics days. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback