Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)  (Read 44320 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Wow I forgot diabetes in Star Wars also causes eye issues, just like here. 

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2017, 09:15 AM »
Loved the quick saber battle!

The only thing that really bugged me was when Ezra made it back to the rebel base and didn't mention Obi-Wan to anyone.  You would have thought finding a Jedi Master would have been big news he would want to share the second he landed.  I would have thought Ob-Wan would have told Ezra not to share this info, or maybe he would have got back to base and had a conversation with Kanan or Bail and they would have come to a similar conclusion of leaving Obi-Wan alone.

Maybe Obi-wan did a Jedi mind trick on Ezra to forget about finding him. Ezra is pretty weak minded.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2017, 02:12 PM »
***SPOILERS***

Overall kind of a meh finale, but good. My biggest takeaway is the Imperials shot a cloud in the face. And it worked. I think.

The overall issue with the show is the characters continue to be sort of secondary in their own story. The show is about the formation of the rebellion. It's not necessarily about Ezra, or Kanan, or Hera, or Sabine. Sabine did grow a lot this year. Hera is in line for the promotion we know she gets by RO. Kanan's blindness never really factored that much into this arc this year. Ezra's flirtation with the dark side was just that, culminating in going over narrative ground (my place is with my new family) we've already covered. Everyone else is also present. It's good, I enjoy it, but increasingly it's like, there's no there there.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2017, 03:02 PM »
Was it new last night? The cable guide said it was a rerun
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Was it new last night? The cable guide said it was a rerun

Technically it was reruns of the new 2-episode finale that aired earlier in the day.  I think it was around 11am.  But certainly confusing and stinks if you missed out.

I agree it was meh.  Almost Deus ex machina in a way.  As Darby said, shoot the center of the cloud?  Nice guess work on Thrawns part since he doesn't know Bendu culture.  Again with inept imperial officer who disobeys a direct order which costs the Empire.  But we could see that coming a light year away.

The coolest parts were the space battle and ground siege.  Also, I really want Thrawn with his assault gear.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Thanks for the info

And

What the hell for? That's obnoxious
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Overall I thought they were good episodes.  I liked seeing Deathtroopers, and the battle was good.  It was odd that Mon Mothma didn't want to commit more troops to the battle.  I also liked that they are now setting up shop on Yavin IV.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2017, 07:17 PM »
I will say Kallus has developed well, and his arc from Imperial to Rebel has been fairly nuanced for a cartoon. I have suspicions however he may be a double (triple?) agent. Thrawn's ultimate plan may be placing someone within the rebellion directly; that would certainly be a more complex plan befitting Thrawn than what we've seen. If it were me (sigh) I would have footnoted the pyrrhic victory of the Empire with Thrawn's seemingly outsized pleasure. He's done damage, sure, but you have no idea how much.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2017, 12:03 AM »
That sort of took everything right about Rogue One and it's military aspect, and took a big healthy **** on it I felt.   :-\  Why drive them back and force yourself into land combat?  You had ability to handle it in space.  Too much cat toying with a mouse there for my liking.  The land battle felt like it had more going for it, but then Bendu and just facepalm that whole ending.

Though it was nice to see them reaffirm the "shields prevent flight" thing too.  I did like seeing that.

I enjoyed seeing certain things like Sato's angle, but just felt it was kind of a mess, and the whole Mando BS at the end...  oofah.  Just bad.  Bendu too...  Ugh.  Just ugh.

Death Troopers though...  that was kinda neat.  I liked seeing them carried over, and I sort of take the show as like some slightly distorted look/view of the actual events.

I really felt like that was a rough end to a season I didn't care for overall.  It's Star Wars, so I stick with it, but it's becoming very much like Fear The Walking Dead is to me as far as feeling like I have to watch it for some reason, more than wanting to.  But again I see stuff I dig.  I can always enjoy looking at concept work, and details about the show on the online stuff dissecting a given episode.

One cool thing I almost forgot because it happened so early on.  The Mouse Droid as a "spy" tool and its little doggy door?  100% pulled from the Jedi Knight games, seriously.  I do enjoy that whoever's working on it likes West End Games stuff, McQuarrie art, and the classic Lucas Arts games before they become a thoroughly ****** hollow shell of themselves.  That was just awesome stuff.  Even know a guy who worked that into OLD JK before in his own edit, and it was picked up for later JK games.  Very cool to see it intro'd in here as a technique Kallus uses.  Guess Katarn had a good teacher perhaps? :P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:07 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2017, 12:14 AM »
One cool thing I almost forgot because it happened so early on.  The Mouse Droid as a "spy" tool and its little doggy door?  100% pulled from the Jedi Knight games, seriously.  I do enjoy that whoever's working on it likes West End Games stuff, McQuarrie art, and the classic Lucas Arts games before they become a thoroughly ****** hollow shell of themselves.  That was just awesome stuff.  Even know a guy who worked that into OLD JK before in his own edit, and it was picked up for later JK games.  Very cool to see it intro'd in here as a technique Kallus uses.  Guess Katarn had a good teacher perhaps? :P

That may have come from Pablo Hidalgo.  Evidently he was a big fan of West End Games, and I believe he actually went to work for them on their Star Wars game before going to work for Lucasfilm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2017, 06:53 PM »
The All-New Rebels Zero Power-Hour or Bendu-Like Beckham or The Last Air Bendu

Why this episode sucked....and the rest of the season: Ezra.

Admiral Konstantine is kinda of a chump but he'd disobey a direct order from a superior? Not sure that was in character, because he'd been unable to think outside of a box before. And whatever glory he'd gotten would be meaningless since Thrawn would the real winner of the day and write Konstantine up for insubordination. So just felt like a way to off a leader from both sides.

What will Sato's nephew do now? Hopefully never appear again. LOL

"Bendu, doo that voodoo, that you do so well."

"What part of 'the middle road of the force' didn't you understand?"

"BENDU, U STRAIGHT UP COWARD, DAWG!"

"Do me a favor please, Kanan. Gerrarra here, man! You know what I'm sayin'?"

Kanan can slice and dice AT-AT's but stops after one. Gee, thanks.

Sabine will help! CUZ MANDOS BE KOOL.

I don't recall the other interdictor being destroyed (weren't there two?), so...how'd they escape?

I'm glad Kallus survived, even if his escape was too lucky.

It wasn't that bad, Dos Equis Bendu aside.

Felonious Filoni says more Mothma and Saw Gerrarra Here Mandos next season. Yeah, sure. Is Thrawn coming back or leaving to obsess over what Tom Bakerbeast told him?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:53 PM by Scockery »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2017, 08:20 PM »
There were two interdictors.  Sato took out one and Ezra and the mandos took out the second with their hand pieces and rockets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2017, 11:23 PM »
Oh yes, Steve reminds me...  Guys on a hull SHOOTING PISTOLS wouldn't do **** to a capital ship.  I'm sorry, but that was dumb.  Likewise I forgot about Konstantine's bull****...  Like Scockery said, he's going to disobey a superior officer in the middle of a battle over open com's and what "glory" was he exactly going for?  The carrier was probably no more valuable a kill than any other ship there.  The Frigates seemed like bigger threats even.  Just dumb.

Again everything great about the combat of Rogue One was chewed up and spit out with this "climactic battle".  The show's for kids, but so was TCW and TCW seemed to make a bit more sense than this did.  This felt just forced and haphazard.

Don't wanna be a downer, just man this could all be better and it's like they're not really trying that hard.  :-\

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2017, 11:47 PM »
I thought the siege was pretty suspenseful and wondered how the hell they were going to make it out.  That suspense was killed with Bendu.  It just felt like a weak way to conclude the battle. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2017, 12:14 AM »
I thought the whole "retreat" was kind of odd in and of itself...  I liked the Imperial blockade preventing them leaving the system, but the story just went odd from there to me.