Author Topic: 1/6 Sideshow Dengar  (Read 2063 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
1/6 Sideshow Dengar
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:01 AM »
And finally the bounty hunters will be complete

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 1/6 Sideshow Dengar
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 06:51 AM »
Is it just me, or did SS make it look like they rereleased or put out new versions of IG-88 and 4-LOM?  I know they came out a while ago, but up to the Dengar and Zuckuss news, they were sending out newsletters with order links for the other two.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2016, 11:18 PM »
They DID put out "revised" versions I thought?  So technically you could get them and they are slightly different I guess, but I don't know what exactly is different.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2016, 05:54 AM »
I honestly couldn't tell either, that was why I was wondering if they were actually new versions, or just put out to look that way if they had left over stock.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: August 2, 2016, 02:43 PM »
Sideshow has been doing this a lot lately - Vader, Bossk, IG-88, Fett to name a few. The difference are mostly cosmetic (better paint apps for "better film accuracy" but some revised accessories (new ammo belt for IG-88, different hands for Vader, new head for bossk) but they are also removing the deluxe display bases from these releases as well.

4-LOM (RAH) was made by Medicom before but sold through Sideshow, so this is there first official version of the character.

What also sucks is the Sideshow releases in the past 3-4 or so their have had C-3PO, R2, Fett, sandtrooper, snowtrooper, and now they'll be distributing the superior Hot Toys versions. Obviously this double dipping was inevitable once HT announced they'd be doing 1:6 SW figures but you'd think the duplication of characters in that scale would have been spaced out better.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2016, 02:44 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird