Author Topic: Micronauts  (Read 4531 times)

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
Micronauts
« on: August 20, 2003, 01:49 PM »
Anyone else out there collect these? I had a few of them as a kid and whe I first heard Palisades was going to rerelease these I was pretty pumped. That was until I saw the finished products. The packaging is cool enough, but the choice of plastics they used to make the figs isn't what it should be. I much prefer the vintage ones.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
Micronauts......
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2003, 10:51 AM »
OK, who here remmbers Mego's Micronauts? These figures were wicked cool.....and had interchangeable parts.....and tons of different colors.

I've got the full set of series #1 Palisade toys repro Micronauts........GREAT stuff.......sadly I was ony a couple of years old when these toys were out....so I missed playing with these as a kid by a couple years :(

Anyone have any of these items for trade....either vintage or Palisades? ;D

Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Micronauts......
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 03:14 AM »
I have the Diamond select glo-in-the-dark Time Traveler and an exclusive Space Flyer (?) fig that came with a complete set of Micronauts cards in a folio and the figure is in a plastic box and bagged. He seems to be made of metal (actual) and plastic pieces. Can't find anything out about him, but he wicked cool! These are obviously the newer line and I'm an old schooler who enjoyed them as a youngster... If you are interested I'll trade them and give you more info...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 05:51 PM »
Howdy Thomas, I've got the Space Glider figure you mentioned....great figure. I'd be interested in the Time Traveler figure though......let me know what all you're interested in.....or what you collect and we'll talk.Thanks, Brian
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 09:04 PM »
I had a few of these when I was a kid... very cool figures indeed!
dustrho

Offline OrionSlaveLotion

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 04:27 PM »
Micronauts are fantastic toys! If you are into them, consider Takara’s new line, here’s some pics from the upcoming 2004 releases:

MF2-01 Skymaster

MF2-04 Automaster

AX-14 Biom

If you’re into just the retro style they also re-released a bunch a couple of years ago, as well as some new variations like the elusive Crystal Mode Robotman(Biotron)

I feel Takara’s offerings are a little higher quality than Palisades, although both companies have made some great figures. It’s a real shame that Palisades discontinued the line, I was looking forward to their Female Acroyear and vehicles.

pictures from Microman Forever
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 04:33 PM by OrionSlaveLotion »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Micronauts
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 06:07 PM »
I just noticed that we had two different Micronauts threads in here, so I merged 'em up!

Micronauts was one of the few other toy lines I used to collect as a kid, aside from Star Wars.  Really enjoyed this line, but unfortunately they were all lost to the family garage sales of the mid-80's (unlike my vintage SW collection).

I had that big Battlecruiser set, that little "box" command center set, the Speederbike thingees, a bunch of the loose figures, and various other pieces.  I was in no way a completist with this line like I was with Star Wars though.  But it was still fun to mess with, to pass the time between SW figure releases!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Microman Figures
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Anybody still buy these?
I recently started buying them because I wanted to customize them into Star Wars figures (check out my Customs postings for pics).  I've seen the batman (older) figures at suncoast and at a comic shop for $8 and $10 respectively, and I've seen the ones that come with the vehicle parts at KB Toys for $10 each, does anybody know someplace that I can get just the figure (like the plain one that is on the instructions)?  I want to get a bunch of these guys for customs, but it's a lot of work sanding down all of the details/armor.  Any ideas?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 5, 2005, 11:48 AM »
If you do a search on ebay for material force microman you should be able to find the plain figures ideal for customizing, however I don’t believe these have been exported to U.S. stores so you’ll likely have to buy them from Asia and they will cost more than the “regular” releases.
 On a side note; the new magne force micros are extremely cool- major joints are achieved with ball magnets, like the old Baron Karza but they are the same size as regular microman, they look great- you can check them out here http://www.microforever.com/2005Achilles.htm
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 01:26 PM »
Just picked up the Alien Microman.  Scale fits in pretty cool with the SW line. 

Offline zachdms

• Youngling
  • more kubricks, plz
    • View Profile
    • zachd.com
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 04:02 PM »
FWIW, the Japanese Microman releases in the past couple years (2003-04?) were pretty incredible.  I've got the transforming water bottle(?), and have been lusting after the transforming Playstation 2 base set for a while now.  It's definitely not what most American Micronauts fans are used to, but it does nicely tie back in the Micronauts/Transformers connection:)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 05:52 PM by zachdms »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Does anybody know of a good place to buy the Microman "Material Force" figures?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.