Author Topic: Stranger Things - Netflix  (Read 19555 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Things - Netflix
« Reply #15 on: November 7, 2017, 02:00 PM »
I still need to watch season 2 finale so I'm avoiding today's posts.

I just finally got to see season 1 in the last few weeks and think it more than met the hype. The kids are amazing.

Oh and Super 8 was good and nothing more
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 7, 2017, 04:37 PM »
I liked season 2 a lot and when you watch the behind the scene stuff that's separate from the season it kind of answers some ?'s
It felt like something was missing though with 11 basically being on her own and not with the boys + Max.
I'd have like to see more of her with them. As it was she was with the gang as a whole for what 10 minutes.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 7, 2017, 10:50 PM »
Loved Season 2... probably not quite as much as Season 1 but it’s really close. I like it felt like it focused a bit more on Dustin and Lucas.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 8, 2017, 09:04 AM »
I loved season 2 as well. Different than season 1 but in all new great ways.

I was torn on 11. I also wanted her to join the "party" sooner, but think the way they made us wait really drove the story.

And I liked the idea of episode 7 but would have liked a different story maybe.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Just finished earlier this week and loved it. Nothing is ever quite as good as when it's new and fresh, but I thought they kept the quality pretty high.

Sean Astin and Paul Reiser were both great additions to the cast...(was a nice twist for Reiser NOT to turn out to be an evil d*ckhead I thought).

I can't say I cared much for Max or her over-the-top ahole brother, but hopefully they are not a focus going forward.

They need to find a part for 80's mainstay Rutger Hauer next season...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2018, 01:57 AM »
Last Thursday I wanted to watch something so I thought I'd check out the first ep of Stranger Things. By Saturday night I was done with both seasons (and I worked Friday...).

I really enjoyed it. It's one of the better shows I've watched lately. I think part of it was the nostalgia for the 80's, the music, the references...very cool. Really looking forward to the next season.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Date night for my wife and I last night.  So we go to eat and come home and binge watch the last four episodes of the season.  I'd have to say this may be one of the most perfect shows out there.

Like many have mentioned, nostalgia plays a key and the writers have nailed it.  The details as far as little things like when music was released is perfect.  You don't hear any songs that weren't released before the year of the season. 

I can't say enough how much I love this show.  Everyone can see someone they knew, admired, acted like, or actually were during their childhood in this series.

Season 2 was every much the equal of season 1. I saw on IMDB there are episodes already planned up to a season 4.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 06:46 PM »
I've been listening to the soundtrack for both seasons. Good stuff

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 10:27 AM »
I finished season 2 a few days ago.  I think I enjoyed it more than season one, but not because it's better in some ways, but because I had lower expectations.  With season 1 all I heard about was how amazing it was, and I thought it was fine, but not the greatest thing ever.  This time I expected another nostalgia trip with bad acting and goofy 80's stuff all over the place, and it delivered that.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 03:17 PM »
I'd argue that "bad acting" is far more your opinion than the fact you state it as.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 03:45 PM »
I'd argue that "bad acting" is far more your opinion than the fact you state it as.

I should have said over acting.  It's deliberate, and I think that it's objectively what they're going for.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 8, 2019, 01:46 AM »
Finished season 3 before Monday when I imagine avoiding talk of it will become difficult. I imagine no one reading this thread until they've finished too but I'll keep it at that for now.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 8, 2019, 09:24 AM »
I was gone for the holiday week.  I managed to watch the first two episodes last night and feel like it is a race to finish it before it gets inadvertently spoiled.

The first two episodes were solid.  Can't wait to watch the rest this week!

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 8, 2019, 09:51 AM »
My wife and I watched the first episode on Saturday, and two more last night. 

All I can say is again it's excellent and this season has taken off much faster than season 2.  Too bad we are going on vacation this week and wont' be able to watch again until next Friday.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #29 on: July 8, 2019, 10:22 AM »
We're three episodes in.  Really enjoying the ride.  I'll wait until everyone's done watching to discuss it in depth.
This is the way.

I have spoken.