Author Topic: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1  (Read 25388 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1
« Reply #60 on: October 2, 2016, 01:57 AM »
Really wanting the ships, especially the Striker. I love the TIE pilot and hope we see more of him later single carded. I'm holding off for now on the ships but must buys. Didn't buy any TFA ships except for Rey's speeder.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 2, 2016, 02:48 PM »
I was in a local Big Lots store this morning, checking out the annual restock of the Power Team Elite military figures & vehicles when I saw they had the complete wave 1 of the Rouge One figures :o  That didn't take long for them to show up at second-hand retail...  They were priced at $8.00 a piece - slightly more expensive than Target & Walmart, but cheaper than Toys R Us.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 5, 2016, 08:33 PM »
So on a whim this afternoon I bought the kitbash Kylo Ren. I had noticed that the hood and helmet were a separate sculpt and figured I'd eat the $8 to see if the helmet would fit on the body of the 3.75 inch Black Series Kylo. It's a perfect fit! The 5POA Kylo helmet is a little snug on the TBS neck peg but there are no modifications needed. Plus the removable hood looks much better than the TBS hood with the helmet sculpted on. I'd say it's a much better option that tracking down the Armor Up Kylo, with a small pea sized helmet.

Pics via Twitter
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: October 5, 2016, 09:03 PM »
This is pretty interesting man...  It's making that figure appealing actually, something I can't say I considered at all before.

Does the hood pop off easy?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 6, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Very! It's made of a soft, but solid plastic.

This is honestly the Black Series figure we SHOULD have gotten. Now if only I could get the unmasked Kylo at a reasonable price.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: October 6, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Post some pics if you can, I'd like to check it out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 8, 2016, 05:52 PM »
So now I'm in this stretch of time where I have wave 1, haven't seen the movie, and am trying to stay away from spoilers.  So that leaves me with a few questions about the accessories and how to display these figures.

1)  Does K-2SO's big arm attachment accessory thing - is that something he actually has in the movie or is it another over-sized silly accessory for kids?

2)  Same question about the Imperial Ground Crew's big backpack?  I'm guessing this is just a dumb accessory for kids right?

3)  The Stormtrooper's chest armor / pauldron attachments...  Is this just a poorly executed way to give you the option of displaying the figure as a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper or is there some significance to it?  i.e., do I just toss those?  Leave them all on?  Mix them up?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 8, 2016, 06:27 PM »
There's an awesome battle sequence that involves zip lines and giant hand held and backpack missile launchers, the stormtroopers have reactive armor that falls off when they get hit (Disney wanted minimal bloodshed).  8)

The pauldrons appear, the rest are probably silly accessories.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2016, 06:29 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2016, 10:03 AM »
2)  Same question about the Imperial Ground Crew's big backpack?  I'm guessing this is just a dumb accessory for kids right?

Nope, there is a big scene in the movie where all the ground crew stop using their light batons to help Imperial Shuttle craft land and jump into action.  They plug the batons into the back of their suit and thier costumes light up and then they use the batons to create "hard light flight backpacks" and jump into the battle to take down X-Wings.

Here's a pic from right before the backpacks form...

(or maybe that's from TRON >:D)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:05 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2016, 07:03 PM »
This movies gonna blow my sox off!  Emphasis on blow, if those dumbass pack ins are real things. :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2016, 07:07 PM »
Yeah, I can't tell if Jeff is joking or not.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2016, 07:45 PM »
 :-X

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2016, 03:49 PM »
So now I'm in this stretch of time where I have wave 1, haven't seen the movie, and am trying to stay away from spoilers.  So that leaves me with a few questions about the accessories and how to display these figures.

Great post!  I struggle with this too. 

I've opened any Rebels/TFA related figures and displayed them, but any Rogue One items that I've snapped up I've simply left packaged in a corner.  I won't open them or really overly inspect them until after the movie is released.  Like you, I don't want to think too hard about the figures and thus the plot of the movie as I would like as much as possible to be surprised by as many story elements as possible.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Great post!  I struggle with this too. 

I've opened any Rebels/TFA related figures and displayed them, but any Rogue One items that I've snapped up I've simply left packaged in a corner.  I won't open them or really overly inspect them until after the movie is released.  Like you, I don't want to think too hard about the figures and thus the plot of the movie as I would like as much as possible to be surprised by as many story elements as possible.

Smart.  I don't really have the will power or space for that, I wanted to get them opened up and worked into the shelves as quick as possible... Sunday's project was compressing the space all the ROTS figures were taking up to make a new gap between that and ANH.   I've probably got room for 40 or 50 figures at most, so now I'm hoping they don't make quite as many figures for this as they did for TFA.    :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2016, 01:09 AM »
So my mom got my son a couple of the new Rogue One figures for his birthday...one of which is the imperial ground crew.  I hope he uses that jet pack in the movie!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.