Author Topic: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1  (Read 25390 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2016, 01:16 AM »
Surely someone who directs traffic has an exciting part to play.  It is Star Wars after all, where everyone is tied to everything important in some secret way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2016, 02:25 AM »
Wow K-Mart finally put out some R1 figures!  I have held out because in my heart I'm not a 5POA guy...  but I am a customizer, so I wanted them but on my terms.  Used points and picked up Wave 1 plus some extras of Wv1 I wanted.  Left all the Rebels stuff though. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 09:48 AM »
Gotta say, after finding out about all of the headswaps you can make, the 5POA figures have been enticing, much more so than the TFA ones. I think I bought maybe 6 total TFA figures and have almost matched that already.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2016, 06:48 PM »
The Goss Trooper is the best....Goss Toowers head on Resistance Trooper body. The other half is an odd midget, but...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2016, 11:37 PM »
Got around to opening my figures from Wave 1 recently...  They just NOW surfaced at K-Mart stores here, and I'd hoarded points to use on them so I basically got them all for free.

I picked up multiples of the Stormie, the ground crew figure, and K2SO for some customizing/articulating projects. 

I got a Kylo for the head swap too, and I gotta say, wow...  that worked perfectly.  It's amazing looking, honestly.  If only I had an unmasked head for an ultimate Kylo Ren!

Anyway, noticed something on Jyn's figure...  more to the point, her pistol.

It appears to be based on a German Luger, if that handle and the slide on the back are any indication.  Kinda neat seeing them carry on the use of classic weapons as the basis for Star Wars blasters...  Lucas got away from that with the PT I felt. 

Is this just because it looked cool to Edwards or is it an actual homage to the originals?  I like to think it's the latter, but either way I thought it was cool.

Also I was surprised her poncho is a separate piece...  I assume they're maybe re-using parts between this figure and the hooded Jedha version?  If only her hat were removable.   :-\

Oh, and I was also shocked to find she has actually MORE articulation than 5POA...  for reasons I can't figure out, she has wrist articulation.  It serves little purpose without elbow articulation, but hey, it's progress!  :-X

If she had at least angle-cut elbows, she'd be a pretty fun figure to pose I think.  Knees would be nice too, but just simple angle-cut elbows like Captain Antilles from the Saga Line had, and she'd be able to pose like she's firing a weapon with 2 hands...  I'd be happy to see that.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:39 PM by Jesse James »