Author Topic: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1  (Read 25483 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2016, 11:27 AM »
FWIW, I asked my friend who works at Walmart about that Pete and he swore up and down that this was not true. He said they track inventory by the generic item #, not individual UPC, so whether they sold 6 Zuvios or 6 different R1 figures the inventory is updated accordingly. They don't differentiate between TFA and R1. At least that is my understanding.

Yep, for inventory purposes the TFA and R1 are all under the same # despite them having their own UPC (which you see on the receipt). Basically, when you scan a figure at checkout, and it says denied, that UPC hasn't been assigned to the generic (inventory control) # that coincides with the assortment.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2016, 06:20 PM »
I'm confused.

So does this mean that JTA's concerns are unfounded if someone scanned the other item that IS allowed for sale?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2016, 06:36 PM »
I'm confused.

So does this mean that JTA's concerns are unfounded if someone scanned the other item that IS allowed for sale?

I am as well - and while that may be the case at WalMart where their inventory control is sketchy at best, I find it hard to believe the same is true at stores like Target where TFA figures had two different DPCIs and R1 has yet a 3rd different DPCI - and Target does use those DPCI numbers for inventory control, not just for locating and placing items on the shelves...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2016, 08:59 AM »
I'm confused.

Yep. I know it seems out of character for them to post some alarming claptrap, but...oh wait.   :P

Target is definitely a different animal. Their DPCI for all the 6" figures is 087-06-3953. The only one that had a different # was Jango, who somehow got into their system under the old 1951 DPCI.

I saw those new individual DPCI numbers for R1 figures, but I can't help but feel a little skeptical about that because if you search on those numbers on Brickseek or Brickpicker nothings comes up. Also that would be a major change from how they have always handled the line before.

I guess we'll know soon enough!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2016, 09:26 AM »
I wonder if stores will get more than one case of figures. The TRU near me only got two cases of 3 3/4" figures for TFA and were gone within five minutes of their midnight madness opening. Someone bought both cases. There were no figures at all that night and the next day. Just lots of roll play crap they still have on their shelves now.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2016, 11:02 AM »
I wonder if stores will get more than one case of figures. The TRU near me only got two cases of 3 3/4" figures for TFA and were gone within five minutes of their midnight madness opening. Someone bought both cases. There were no figures at all that night and the next day. Just lots of roll play crap they still have on their shelves now.

And that's why I'm not bothering this year.  I can wait... hanging out in line, dealing with 100 other people, and then fighting for scraps was such a waste of time...

Hasbro says they're sending more product out this time, but I could still see it going quickly.  Also, it doesn't really matter since all of these will be everywhere within a few weeks anyway.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2016, 01:37 PM »
The TRU by me got in over 20 cases of 3.75" Wave 1 that I got to take a sneak peek at over the weekend.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Just seen on rebelscum a thread where some guys discuss the differences between classic and rogue one stormie sculpts.

They only said: Rogue one figure is more natural.

I got other differences:

-the black maillot is divided in stripes
-the shinguards edges at the ankles stand out to each side, while in vintage OT it had a tight fit around the leg, more tubular.

This detail is depicted in 1/6 scale Hot Toys Rogue One patrol stormtrooper too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21 PM »
Looks like most of these are on Amazon.com now...

K-2SO - http://amzn.to/2cFERp0
Jyn (Eadu) - http://amzn.to/2deb6j2
Imp Ground Trooper - http://amzn.to/2dvPSuX
Imp Stormtrooper - http://amzn.to/2dDZnJ4

Sabine - http://amzn.to/2deaSbU
Kanan Trooper - http://amzn.to/2debD4A
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2016, 12:34 AM »
More bill-paying! (#sorrynotsorry  :-X)

Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1 case @ EE - $99.99 plus free shipping
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2016, 02:49 PM »
I didn't notice until group shots how short Imperial Ground Control Crew is. For Jyn head swapping?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2016, 08:52 PM »
I'm guessing so, but yeah, she's tiny.  However, some of the figures are absurdly tall...  Death Trooper with Pao for instance.  He's slenderman.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 1, 2016, 07:18 PM »
Imperial Ground Crew seems to be the contendor for biggest peg warmer, too, though it's early to say.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #58 on: October 1, 2016, 09:08 PM »
Loving all of these so far. I appreciate how articulation is creeping back into the line on figures like K2, who likely doesn't need an SA counterpart at this point, or Jyn. I'd love to see it applied where we feel it makes the most sense, like the Stormtrooper. That would interfere with the SA line though, which is why I wish it would just go away and we get a mainline compromise.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 2, 2016, 01:39 AM »
I haven't gotten any of the carded 3.75" figures yet, save the ones that came with the ships/vehicles I got.  That said, it looks like I may need to get some...  The Capt. Cassian and Imperial Pilot figures that came with the U-Wing and TIE Striker are quite good overall. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D