Collectibles > Rogue One

Rogue One Imperial AT-ACT Set

(1/20) > >>

Jeff:
Yep, the early reports were true - it's $300 bucks.  Here's the official press info from Hasbro:

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY RAPID FIRE IMPERIAL AT-ACT Playset
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $299.99/Available: Fall 2016)
Lead the charge against the Rebel Alliance with the 3.75-inch scale RAPID FIRE IMPERIAL AT-ACT Playset! The AT-ACT can be controlled by remote or smart device, and actually moves its head and authentically walks into battle. Features an armored cargo and cockpit that can transport multiple figures. Open up the playset to unload cargo and send Stormtroopers into battle. This powerful vehicle features rapid-fire NERF dart cannons and comes with 3.75-inch JYN ERSO, exclusive C2-B5, and exclusive IMPERIAL AT-ACT DRIVER figures. Includes one vehicle and three figures. Requires 4 1.5v D batteries, not included.  Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Rob:
$300?!

Holy crap that's going to sit.  It's going to be REALLY fun trying to get my hands on one of each of the figures that it comes with... Damn.

GrandMoffNick:
That's a kick in the nuts. I was hoping I'd have one eventually, but even 70% off Target clearance would be $90. Ouch. Oh well.

P-Siddy:
It's all due to those expensive NERF features.  >:D

Dave:
This is interesting from a couple different angles:

- $300 is the most expensive Star Wars toy Hasbro has ever released, by a long shot.  I know there was a TRU exclusive Vintage boxed repackaged BMF (if I recall correctly) that was pretty spendy, but the original non-exclusive version was only $150.  We also had the TFA MF for $140 and the 6" TIE for $170.

- The interactive / remote control aspect is a massive enhancement over a standard toy.  It becomes a bit of combo between the BB-8 Sphero ($150) and a large 3.75" toy ($150).

- If this works at this price point, it could open the door to a lot of other different toy possibilities.  Hasbro has said "big vehicles" just don't work from a financial perspective.  This could help prove or refute that depending on the success.  We've pined for a Sail Barge, Blockade Runner, etc., and if this is successful it could prove the value in creating $300 uber-toys.

I will definitely try and get one of these, although will try and get one for substantially less if I can.  I would be willing to wager that this will sell better than the $150 6" TIE Fighter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version