Author Topic: Rogue One 3.75" Deluxe 2-Packs  (Read 21429 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Rogue One 3.75" Deluxe 2-Packs
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 11:43 AM »
Anybody know if the Deathtrooper in the two pack is any different than the Deathtrooper that is carded on its own?

I don't think we've seen a basic 3.75" version picture yet... one is rumored to be coming, but no pics yet makes it hard to tell if/how different it is. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 12:06 PM »
Anybody know if the Deathtrooper in the two pack is any different than the Deathtrooper that is carded on its own?

I don't think we've seen a basic 3.75" version picture yet... one is rumored to be coming, but no pics yet makes it hard to tell if/how different it is. ;)

Holy crap am I an idiot (hold your comments please)!!  I had written down that there was a single carded 3.75" Deathtrooper.  Apparently there isn't one.  No wonder I can't find one at any Target.  ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 01:13 PM »
While the back-packs in these things are definitely a waste and overly clunky - there's not a figure I don't like out of the two Rogue One 2-packs - Moroff may actually be my favorite 3.75" figure we've gotten in the Rogue One line so far - either him or K-2SO - both are really well done and look really good in my opinion.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 08:55 PM »
These were among the most difficult things to find...  Nobody but TRU had them here.  Target, Wally, and KM all just had old crap around, none of these.  Very disappointing given the figures packed in both.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 5, 2016, 06:14 PM »

Wave 2 found at Target in Webster City, IA

These are also just found in Hudson Wisconsin and Cottage Grove Minnesota. The Cottage Grove Target have this dpci down to account of either one or two yesterday and then it spiked up today. Apparently a restock might be all it takes to get these in your target.
Macklunkey!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 5, 2016, 08:19 PM »
OH snap, now it's on...I want that Seventh Sister so bad!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 5, 2016, 09:59 PM »
As luck would have it, the Target closest to me showed a spike on this DPCI when I checked tonight, so I ventured out and sure enough they had 3 of this set still on the pegs when I got there. I grabbed the two with the best paint apps and thanked the toy gods for their generosity.

These might be my two favorite Rebels figures yet. Really exceptional. But a real bitch to keep standing!

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 6, 2016, 03:29 PM »
While the back-packs in these things are definitely a waste and overly clunky - there's not a figure I don't like out of the two Rogue One 2-packs - Moroff may actually be my favorite 3.75" figure we've gotten in the Rogue One line so far - either him or K-2SO - both are really well done and look really good in my opinion.

It looks like Moroff might be the only two pack figure with a useful backpack. His backpack component looks similar to both the imagery in the trailer and the Micro Machines Figure.
Macklunkey!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 8, 2016, 09:33 AM »
Scored the Darth Maul/Seventh Sister and Baze Malbus/Stormtrooper sets yesterday. I haven't opened the Baze Malbus set yet, but the Maul/Seventh Sister one is pretty nice, would have preferred that they gave a bit more "bulk" to the Seventh Sister since we're probably never going to get her in plastic in any form ever again - she has very dainty legs and arms - she can barely hold her lightsaber and there are no peg holes in her feet so you can ensure that she will remain standing. Also she comes with that little probe thing she used in the show which is cool - but the "head" separates from its "legs" WAY TOO EASILY so that's definitely gonna be two pieces people lose.

The face shield fits snugly over her face, so that's good as does Maul's hood. That is one progression I think Hasbro is making strides in - hoods - between this hood piece for Maul and the hood that came with the kit-bash Kylo Ren - both work excellently and don't look over-bulky and because they are semi-rigid, they "lay" better on the figure than a cloth/soft-goods hood would.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: November 1, 2016, 10:08 AM »
EE put up a pre-order for Wave 3 of the 2-packs with a cryptic, seemlingly new set -

SW SWU LEAD HB TAN AND V TROOPER COMMAND

A little research shows the item number is B9855, which doesn't match an existing set that I can tell.  SWU means it's not Rogue One, and could be Rebels related.  Hmmm...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: November 1, 2016, 10:10 AM »
EE put up a pre-order for Wave 3 of the 2-packs with a cryptic, seemlingly new set -

SW SWU LEAD HB TAN AND V TROOPER COMMAND

A little research shows the item number is B9855, which doesn't match an existing set that I can tell.  SWU means it's not Rogue One, and could be Rebels related.  Hmmm...

I would **** if it had one of the new Imperial/Mandalorian Super Commandos from Star Wars Rebels
« Last Edit: November 1, 2016, 10:11 AM by Jayson »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: November 1, 2016, 10:18 AM »
The more I think about it, wasn't Finn (Jakku) called "Lead Hero Battler Tan" in the E7 code names?  That would be Lead HB Tan...   

Could it just be the Finn/FN-2199 (Traitor!) 2-pack from the TRU set by itself?  Or maybe some other kind of Finn/Trooper set?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: November 1, 2016, 10:21 AM »
The more I think about it, wasn't Finn (Jakku) called "Lead Hero Battler Tan" in the E7 code names?  That would be Lead HB Tan...   

Could it just be the Finn/FN-2199 (Traitor!) 2-pack from the TRU set by itself?  Or maybe some other kind of Finn/Trooper set?

IIRC, I think that was Rey called that as well. But Finn would make sense (and be disappointing).

UPDATE: It will be Finn and Phasma  ::)
« Last Edit: November 1, 2016, 10:24 AM by Jayson »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 1, 2016, 10:46 AM »
That rumor was circulating for a while, and I finally saw that listing on BBTS for a Finn VS Phasma 2-pack earlier this morning.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback