Author Topic: Rogue One 3.75" Deluxe 2-Packs  (Read 21437 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Rogue One 3.75" Deluxe 2-Packs
« Reply #30 on: November 1, 2016, 10:58 AM »
That rumor was circulating for a while, and I finally saw that listing on BBTS for a Finn VS Phasma 2-pack earlier this morning.

Also shown on display at SDCC 2016
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: November 1, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Wow, I managed to either completely not notice or remember that set/figures from SDCC. :P

Disappointing...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 1, 2016, 11:54 AM »
It seems pretty obvious that they are, but the Finn and Phasma are straight repacks right?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 1, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Wow, I managed to either completely not notice or remember that set/figures from SDCC. :P

Disappointing...

Same here.  I think I noticed the text in that Toy Ark article around the time of SDCC, but the photos didn't jump out to me at all.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #34 on: November 1, 2016, 12:04 PM »
If they are, it's a terrible idea. The Finn Trooper costume would be a much better choice if this is what they wanted to do. Also the case assortment - 5X this set? - is just asking for trouble.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 1, 2016, 12:31 PM »
If they are, it's a terrible idea. The Finn Trooper costume would be a much better choice if this is what they wanted to do. Also the case assortment - 5X this set? - is just asking for trouble.

The pairings in the multipacks just seem poorly thought out, overall.  At least in terms of any semblance of screen accuracy.  Just look at some of this weirdness:

-A Finn and Phasma set should probably have included Finn in Stormtrooper armor, not Finn in the tan jacket with the lightsaber!  And if it's Finn in the jacket?  Then give him a blaster and/or a satchel of explosives.

The TRU 6-pack is one of the worst offenders.
-Rey & Kylo Ren should have probably included the maskless version of Kylo Ren, not the Armor Up version.  Unless of course you're trying to represent Rey in her Force vision where she encounters the masked Kylo Ren in the snowy forest... and somehow I don't think that Hasbro was being that clever.
-The Finn & FN-2199 should have included the Skywalker lightsaber with Finn, since that's the weapon he uses in the Takodana fight.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2016, 12:34 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 03:58 PM »
I finally saw the new Finn VS Captain Phasma 2-pack in a store today.  And just like my initial impressions, seeing these in person is kind of underwhelming.  Aside from 2 different accessories (Phasma's rocket launcher and Finn's lightsaber) these are pretty much straight repacks.  There's a slight paint variation on Finn's jacket, but it didn't seem significant enough to me to spend $15 on 2 5xPOA figures that I already have from multiple releases.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 05:16 PM »
I finally saw the new Finn VS Captain Phasma 2-pack in a store today.  And just like my initial impressions, seeing these in person is kind of underwhelming.  Aside from 2 different accessories (Phasma's rocket launcher and Finn's lightsaber) these are pretty much straight repacks.  There's a slight paint variation on Finn's jacket, but it didn't seem significant enough to me to spend $15 on 2 5xPOA figures that I already have from multiple releases.

The way I heard it, these come from a new factory now, so there are slight difference in the mold versus a simple repaint.  I typically go all-in on anything beyond slight paint adjustments, so I picked this one up.  Haven't compared it to the original releases yet though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2017, 10:31 AM »
Not sure if I just missed it or if it didn't come up at SWCO, but was there any word on the status of the Shoretrooper Captain & Bistan pack?

Lots of talk/worry that Wave 4 of the Rogue One 3.75" basic figures is going to be a bitch to find... makes me worry about this thing too.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2017, 09:45 PM »
I've actually been thinking it'll be released as part of The Last Jedi first wave of 2 packs. That would probably make the most sense, we got a Poe and Snowtrooper with wave 1 of Rogue One, why not a Rogue One release as part of Last Jedi wave 1?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 08:21 AM »
It's been about 3 months since we got the Phasma & Finn 2-pack.  I would expect that within a month or so we'll start to see the next couple of sets like the  Bistan & the Shoretrooper Captain 2-pack along with the Boba Fett & Bespin Han Solo set.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28 AM »
We're getting down to the end of April... other than this 2-pack and wave 4, there's nothing planned for the next five months right?

I'm starting to assume that TFA Luke we've all been waiting for is just going to be a TLJ Luke, which is crazy to me.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 10:43 AM »
I've kind of forgotten about the Bistan 2-pack.  Pegs are clogged that I rarely bother to check.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 04:35 PM »
We're getting down to the end of April... other than this 2-pack and wave 4, there's nothing planned for the next five months right?

I'm starting to assume that TFA Luke we've all been waiting for is just going to be a TLJ Luke, which is crazy to me.

Nope, it's Marvel season, and even the GOTG figures have come and gone from retail. So that leaves the single case of Spidey Homecoming figures every store will get and then we're done until Force Friday.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 09:05 PM »
I've kind of forgotten about the Bistan 2-pack.  Pegs are clogged that I rarely bother to check.

I did see Target clearing out some of the 2-packs.  That makes me think they might be trying to clear some of the older stock out.

Feedback