Author Topic: Rogue One Class I Vehicle Sets  (Read 10836 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Rogue One Class I Vehicle Sets
« on: September 3, 2016, 12:57 AM »
Once again, I'm not sure if this should go here (because its Rogue One packaging) or in the Rebels section, but whatever - we need a thread here now anyway. :P

Looks like the rumors were true and the Ezra Speeder Bike is getting an Imperial repaint - pic from @starwarshunters on Twitter:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One Class I Vehicle Sets
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2016, 09:55 AM »
Seems to me that Hasbro is trying to avoid producing a bunch of vehicles that don't end up in the movie this time around.  Striker, U-Wing, AT-ACT, and Rebels from there on out.  Probably a smart move.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Knew this was coming but still excited to see it in print!

I just wish they would make some cargo containers you could tow behind it like the show. Kinda wish they had tweaked the driver sculpt a little bit too, but those are small quibbles.

I'll get at least 2-3 of these for sure.

Still need to make the regular Rebels TIE, along with the Ghost that is the most glaring vehicle omission to date.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2016, 03:18 PM »
Highlights why it's silly to call those guys AT-DP pilots.

Imperial Death Bike Squad Commander Officers should be their official name.  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 4, 2016, 12:31 PM »
I've been picking up Ezra bikes to repaint.  One of their nicer vehicles in a while I feel.  I will happily pick up the repaints too.  Still not quite there on the Awing yet but maybe.  Depends on that merc feature and the scale I guess once one is in hand with better pics.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:09 AM »
So, I've been searching and cannot find any listing for the Rebels Imperial Speeder on the Amazon, Target or Walmart websites.

Are we sure this is coming out tomorrow night?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 11:22 AM »
So, I've been searching and cannot find any listing for the Rebels Imperial Speeder on the Amazon, Target or Walmart websites.

Are we sure this is coming out tomorrow night?

Doubtful. Who even knows if the AT-ACT will hit at this point as no boxed shots or shelf reports have turned up for it yet.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 01:30 PM »
Per the front page, the AT-ACT will not be out on the 30th. HABLOW PHAIL.  Or not, since they never said it would be.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Doubtful. Who even knows if the AT-ACT will hit at this point as no boxed shots or shelf reports have turned up for it yet.

Didn't CHEWIE see one at a TRU last week or something?

I'm actually fine to wait. The more $$$ I can save this week, the better.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 02:51 PM »

Didn't CHEWIE see one at a TRU last week or something?

I'm actually fine to wait. The more $$$ I can save this week, the better.

No, I didn't see it... here's my posts at various forums about what I saw:

Yakface:
Quote from: YAK_Chewie
BEGIN SNIP:
I was fortunate enough to go into the stockroom at a TRU today, and was able to see what they have ready to go onto the floor... they had a LOT of the first wave of 3.75 (20 cases?) and about a dozen cases of the first wave of Rogue One TBS 6"... and lots of 3.75" 2-pks... looked like a fair supply of vehicles too... was able to open some of the cases, and for 5POA, these do look extremely good.
END SNIP

BEGIN SNIP:
A little more details about when the employee at my local TRU allowed my son and I into the stockroom yesterday.

The quantity of 3.75" figures was impressive. It had to be about 20 cases.  He popped open a case (all was Wave 1 there) and I got to look at the figures.  They all looked extremely sharp for 5POA.  They also had quite a few cases of the 2-pks.  The figures looked great, except for Poe.  He just looked ridiculous... that set will pegwarm.  I did notice that the Sabine I saw had REALLY sharp paint apps... much better than ANY Rebels figure I've seen.

He also popped open a case of the 6 inch wave.  They looked good... didn't realize that Rey was in there again, with her lightsaber... I don't think she needs to be release AGAIN already, but whatever.  Mask-less Kylo looked good.  And the Rogue One figures looked awesome.  They had at least a dozen cases of that wave.

He said he thought there were TIE Strikers and U-Wings buried behind all the other stuff and I thought I saw a couple TIE Striker cases.  But lots of figures at least were there.  I didn't see the AT-ACT or I would have asked if he'd pop a box open.  Also, he said they were expecting another big shipment of Rogue One stuff Tuesday this week.
END SNIP

Rebelscum:
Quote from: CHEWIE
BEGIN SNIP:
For anyone with a TRU in your area that is doing Midnight Madness, I was able to go into a local TRU stockroom last weekend. The employee gave me an early look at what they had - which was a ton of Wave 1 3.75" Rogue One, a lot of 6"TBS Wave 1... much more than what they got in last year for the event. Obviously this will vary by store, but I'd be surprised to see my area Walmarts have as many of these figures out on Day 1 as what this TRU had ready to set in the aisles.
END SNIP

I did mention in a thread at RS that I had seen the Rebels Imperial speederbike though. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry - you are asking about the Imperial Speeder - NOT the AT-ACT.

Yes, I saw the Imperial Speeder in a TRU stockroom on Saturday. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Just found one on eBay too, so at least I don't think I'm going crazy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 04:53 PM »
Just found one on eBay too, so at least I don't think I'm going crazy.

Thanks! Yeah, sorry for cutting and pasting the wrong excerpt, I made it confusing. I was definitely talking about the Imperial Speeder. Looking forward to this now! :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 06:18 PM »
Yep, but keep in mind, it's the same assortment as currently warming pegs (Ezra Speeder and AT-RT walker) - and those are repacked in this case too - so some stores might not even order these at all...?  If you see this though, I'd grab it right away as it might be one of the harder Rogue One items to come by.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48 AM »
Yeah, I always grab anything I want when I first see it, I've learned that the hard way. I think I am as excited for this as anything they've shown, except maybe that Hovertsnk Pilot.

I still find it disturbing that TRU, Amazon, Target, or Walmart have no listings for this. And TRU has literally every other repack from that assortment listed now. Just odd.