Author Topic: NFL 2016-17  (Read 8308 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
NFL 2016-17
« on: September 9, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Hey, football's back!  :D

Good game last night.

Jesse's Steelers vs my 'Skins Monday night.  :)

Anyone else excited?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2016-17
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2016, 09:53 AM »
For the football season YES. For Monday night's game specifically NO. Though I do very much hope Washington wins.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 9, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Go Steelers!

I'm working late so I'll have it on the radio in my shop.  I spend most of my Sundays playing catch up since my Saturdays are busy with college games.  Haven't focused much on nfl ball then for a while.  Since Cheech&Chong are out and our secondary eats the green weenie I think the skins have a good chance. 

Between Bryant/Bell out so much and again the secondary, I don't see why there is so much national love for the Steelers to achieve this year.  *shrugs*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 10:15 AM »
Wild weekend of games and overreactions from announcers. (Start fitting Prescott and Wentz for their HOF jackets now apparently)

Looking forward to a good showing by the Skins tonight, outright win or even a close, respectable loss. (No shame in losing to the Steelers IMHO)

I just don't want to lose on a missed field goal or some insane comeback, 'cause it seems that's how most of the games went yesterday.

Mostly rooting for NO INJURIES...

Good luck Jesse, hope we get a good game!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 11:17 AM »
I went to my first NFL game yesterday, Chicago vs. Houston! A buddy had some friends from Chicago in town for the Cubs/Astros series and  we got a good deal on some great seats for those and the football game as well. Gotta say, as someone used to going to college games, the NFL live experience might not be for me. Too many people getting up/down to grab beers, or stopping on the stairs to watch plays, which obscures the view of the field. I just wanna see the game! I'll stick to watching at home on TV.

Still a fun experience. Good to have football back. RIP my weekends.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:55 PM »
I really thought the Skins would have a better showing McMetal but it's a long season too...  We're short 2 pretty big weapons on offense and that's without including our TE situation since Miller retired somewhat unexpectedly.  Jesse James (heh, and he's local) is filling in ok but he'll never fill in that spot completely I don't think.  Nice dude though (my kids met him at a concert).

Defensively I was shocked at the kinda crazy scheme going on but it worked.  Our secondary has one hell of a long season ahead of it though.  ::)

Cousins is a better QB than RG3 was...  I think he's stable and can only get better (and he's already pretty good).  You've got a good future with him.  That could've gone Cleveland on you and you'd be looking to fix that pick and pissing away seasons doing it.  I feel like Cousins just needs some better receiving weapons maybe, and some maturity/growth to adapt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Yeah, it was pretty demoralizing after all of the preseason hype. Very frustrating to see a total lack of halftime adjustments too. And completely abandoning the run game...ugh.

The zone defense was a surprise to me too, but that seems like the perfect blueprint to shut down this offense.

Steelers looked great though, and were definitely more prepared to play. Should be a great season for you guys. I can't say I share the optimism on the skins, a lot of their problems are coaching and talent related, and you can't fix that stuff this season. It's a very uneven roster they way they have built it right now.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 02:21 PM »
I know this happened a couple weeks ago during the Rams/49ers awful MNF game, but they keep playing it on the local sports radio station and it makes me laugh each time - The guy is drunk!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 07:02 PM »
It was great...  Definitely the highlight of that game too as I recall.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: February 5, 2017, 10:49 PM »
That was absolutely amazing. GOAT

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 6, 2017, 12:13 AM »
GOAT coach, GOAT QB, GOAT Super Bowl
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 6, 2017, 09:52 AM »
3-1: The Lead, Part 3

Though this also proves that College Football OT rules are much better than NFL. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 6, 2017, 11:08 AM »
3-1: The Lead, Part 3

Though this also proves that College Football OT rules are much better than NFL. :)

I won't say the NFL rules are perfect (they aren't), but the NCAA gimmick short field is terrible.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 6, 2017, 11:36 AM »
I hate Atlanta, so that was doubly satisfying to watch.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 6, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Great game, lousy outcome.  I can't believe how dominant the Falcons were in the first half just to let it slip away.  I would much rather be reading about Ryan's MVP season and first SB win today than Brady's 5th.  Besides, we all know the Patriots cheated.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today