Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rogue One Wave 3 (aka Wave 9)  (Read 10060 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Rogue One Wave 3 (aka Wave 9)
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 09:21 AM »
Just Gamestop so far.  There were also reports that Revan had turned up on HTS, but I've been checking that site regularly to no avail.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 10:35 AM »
Three variants now for this wave, you're killing me, Hasbro!

1) AT-AT Driver/Pilot
2) Sabine holster peg/no holster peg
3) Snowtrooper Glossy finish/Matte finish

It appears that there might be a fourth.  A Princess Leia with better likeness... I'm sure that will only be available in the rumored Early Bird set.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 11:11 AM »
Three variants now for this wave, you're killing me, Hasbro!

1) AT-AT Driver/Pilot
2) Sabine holster peg/no holster peg
3) Snowtrooper Glossy finish/Matte finish

It appears that there might be a fourth.  A Princess Leia with better likeness... I'm sure that will only be available in the rumored Early Bird set.

Yeah, still waiting on running change TFA Han with grey hair that we were promised too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 7, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Glad to finally have Darth Revan in hand.  Thankfully Dorksidetoys had one and I was able to score it there.

I've also seen this rumor circulating that brick & mortar retailers may have largely passed on this particular assortment because of the lack of a ROGUE ONE character in the case lineup.

SERIOUSLY?  I thought that Hasbro had a policy of not letting retailers pick and choose what assortments they received.  Perhaps that situation has changed?

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 7, 2017, 08:41 AM »
Plus it had Revan, a sure hit with EU fans and scalpers, 2 female characters (#where'srey? and Leia which might draw additional sales with Carrie's passing with nostalgia), and army builders.  Ben is also recognizable. 

If it's true retailers skipped on this wave, I'm glad I bought mine online.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 7, 2017, 10:45 AM »
The owner of Dorkside also mentioned over at RS that at least one major retailer (Target, Walmart or TRU) passed on the Revan wave because there were no Rogue One figures in it.

I've also seen this rumor circulating that brick & mortar retailers may have largely passed on this particular assortment because of the lack of a ROGUE ONE character in the case lineup.

SERIOUSLY?  I thought that Hasbro had a policy of not letting retailers pick and choose what assortments they received.

An on-line retailer was rumoring/speculating that brick-and-mortar retail might not get something so you better buy from...  an online retailer?  Nothing fishy about that at all... :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 7, 2017, 10:51 AM »
DOH!

I didn't read into the self-serving nature of that.  I was a little too focused on being able to get Revan, since I got the rest of the wave at brick & mortar retail.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: February 7, 2017, 01:26 PM »
Yeah, what Jeff said. I think the biggest issue with the Revan wave at retail is the piles of RO Wave 1 at every single WM. Those pallets had like 50 figures in them on Force Friday, most of which are still in overstock right now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Scoff if you will, but that guy regularly posts reliable information and runs a very reputable site. I really don't think he was just trying to drum up business.

And none of the retailers around here are clogged with anything except Walmart. TRU and Target have plenty of space for more 6" figures.

Time will tell I suppose...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 03:15 PM »
Just ran a report that the Revan wave (Revan himself actually) was found at Best Buy in Atlanta. Might want to pop in to your local store if you're in need.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 09:43 PM »
That's crazy...no sign of any Revans at the BB's around here, but I did find the Jedha Revolt pack at one of them today. That was kinda cool to check out up close.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Does anyone know how to tell if Sabine has the peg holster or not without opening the package?  Anything else to look for?  I have only seen the one I have in person, but from photos I can't ascertain if there's a peg or not with the plastic pushing the holster up against her hip. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 08:37 PM »
Does anyone know how to tell if Sabine has the peg holster or not without opening the package?  Anything else to look for?  I have only seen the one I have in person, but from photos I can't ascertain if there's a peg or not with the plastic pushing the holster up against her hip.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to tell from looking at the unopened package. I have tried myself but she is packed in so tightly that it's impossible to say for sure. I was hoping there might be a different lot # stamp for one versus the other, but having never found the pegged version I don't have any way to compare.  :(

If you figure out a way I'd love to know too!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 11:52 PM »
Mine's definitely pegged.  I can see the peg at the bottom and the gap in the middle portion between holster and leg.

The lot stamp I have is 62701.  Is that the same/different than the one you (McMetal or JMan) have?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 07:02 PM »
Mine's definitely pegged.  I can see the peg at the bottom and the gap in the middle portion between holster and leg.

The lot stamp I have is 62701.  Is that the same/different than the one you (McMetal or JMan) have?

I will try to dig my box out tonight and check...thanks for confirming yours!