Author Topic: Galactic Trading Post 1/6 Items  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Galactic Trading Post 1/6 Items
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:46 PM »
Their 1/12 Space Walls have done well and so Galactic Trading Post is expanding to other scales...

To coincide with #GoRogue Friday, they're unveiling their first 1/6 items...

1/6 Scale "Space Wall" 4 Pc Light-Up set, for $195 Pre-Order

&

1/6 Opening Cargo Box w/Trays $55 ea or 2/$45 ea Pre-Order

Prices being what they are, you'd expect high quality.  Comparatively speaking, you'll get it if they're anything like the 1/12 scale Space Walls...  High quality ABS plastic, injection molded, superior detail...  No resin garage kits here, which can be good but which are never the same as steel tooled molds.

Given what people pay for 1/6 scale figures, I get that quality is paramount here...  The description of those space walls alone is intriguing.  LED light panels and a blinking light control panel.  Slick stuff it seems.  I'm anxious to see these in person myself, or quality production images.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Galactic Trading Post 1/6 Items
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:44 PM »
Seems cool but the price is high. For 200.00 you can get a whole new figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Galactic Trading Post 1/6 Items
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:14 PM »
I'd agree, if someone were making injection molded display pieces for a lesser price... 

Since your other options are resin, 3D printing, cardboard/stock, and hand made, I think $200 is reasonable since the figures do cost a lot already and most who are collecting them wouldn't want something chincy as a display.

I know that sounds snarky and that's not my intent.  But these aren't "toys" and are also not some guy making them in his garage with resin or with a home 3D printing setup.  The price is warranted, when you think about it.  Though I totally get it not being in everyone's budget or justifiable.  I've paid that much for a car I used for quite a while.  I get it.  But the "these cost too much" crowd really don't seem to be thinkibg about what goes into this and what you actually get.  I'm not diving into 1/6 even though I would love that for my SS Vader.  I can't afford it really, or I might.  I am all into the 3.75" ones though.

Now, if Sideshow were making these and selling them for less...  but they're not.  Plus most of their large display items (Cantina, Yoda hut) aren't plastic.  They're like polystone casts or something iirc...  These, they're professionally done items, by a start-up that's a fraction the size of Sideshow which isn't a big outfit itself.  They're still getting these done in a professional manner from design to final production and shipment.  That's sorely missing, but these are definitely not in everyone's budget.  I think though, if you're a 1/6 guy diehard, this is the kind of thing you'd be hard pressed not to sink $ into.  Stormtroopers with that behind them?  That's a beautiful thing!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:49 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77