Author Topic: Rogue One "FORCE FRIDAY" Official Thread...  (Read 10251 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Rogue One "FORCE FRIDAY" Official Thread...
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Planning to head out to some Targets soon. Fingers crossed for that %^&*( speeder.
I don't think you need to be concerned about the speeder.  A bunch of those were left from MM at our TRU.  I suspect it's going to be an easy find.

Based on EE's case listing, looks like the case is 2x Imp Speeder, 1sx Ezra, 1x TFA Walker so hopefully that makes it a bit easier to track down...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 10:31 AM »
Planning to head out to some Targets soon. Fingers crossed for that %^&*( speeder.
I don't think you need to be concerned about the speeder.  A bunch of those were left from MM at our TRU.  I suspect it's going to be an easy find.

Based on EE's case listing, looks like the case is 2x Imp Speeder, 1sx Ezra, 1x TFA Walker so hopefully that makes it a bit easier to track down...

Are these using the same DCPI that existed for TFA Class 1 vehicles?  Stopped at two Targets this morning and both had the Class 1 pegs jammed with TFA crap.  No sign of the Class 2 vehicle assortment at Target either.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 10:37 AM »
In all the stores I've been in that class I/small vehicle assortment has been totally MIA. Found most everything else though - Wave 1 3.75", Wave 1 2-Packs, Wave 1 6", Hera's A-Wing, U-Wing, TIE Striker & WalMart TBS 3.75" Wave 5.

I ended up missing Midnight Madness for the first time since they started doing these for TPM. I was stuck at work with a critical deadline so I couldn't leave to queue up, so I ended up hitting a brand new 24 hour WalMart and they were just putting stuff out when I got there at 4am.

I haven't opened up much yet - but the two Rogue One 2-packs are both great and the K2-SO and Imperial Ground Crew figures are both great.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Are these using the same DCPI that existed for TFA Class 1 vehicles?

It looks like it.  The Rogue One boxed stuff has the same assortment number (B3716).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 10:54 AM »
I stopped @ two Targets on the way into the office (after oversleeping) and although they both had plenty of figures (both scales) neither had any new Class I sets. jam packed with TFA stuff.

However, I did find a couple still on the pegs at TRU right after that, so crisis averted!  :D

I want a whole fleet of these things, it is completely awesome.

Now I can just obsess about the 6" Hover Tank Pilot.

Anyone see any online reports (other than Chewie's) about finding Wave 2 figures anyplace so far? I have not but I feel like there were some last year. Maybe a swing by to Kohls might be worth it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Haven't seen any wave 2 or sightings on Twitter.

The Speeder was stocked very heavy at our TRU. Very cool piece. Will definitely have to pick it up down the road. The pilot appears to be all new, a little slimmer than the original and with a ball jointed head.

Didn't see: the U-Wing, though Ben saw some folks with them. A-Wing. Micro Machines. Titanium. The WM exclusive app enabled R2. Every WM had epic amounts of 6 inch, Hot Wheels and Lego. Only one of them had any 4 inch figures of any flavor.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Well, I avoided the midnight madness (if there even was any at my local TRU stores) and hit a Target and a couple Walmarts early Friday morning.  Hardly anyone browsing the toy aisles and everything was nicely stocked, save for one Walmart where they were still setting up the display.  Such a different feel from last year's "Force Friday".  I got the U-Wing, TIE Striker, and A-Wing plus the 6" figures for the new movie (Jyn, Andor, K2SO droid and Death Trooper).  Altogether it wasn't cheap, but I managed to get everything I planned to get in one swoop.  Time to relax and open some of the ships up  :)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 02:37 PM »
I didn't go out for MM last night either, but made a couple stops today. Wal-Mart had a big cardboard shipper filled with 6", Funko, Hot Wheels, and LEGO. No 3 3/4" stuff there at all. I stopped by TRU and was able to pick up a few there. They seemed to have a case of Wave one on the pegs, minus Sabine and Jyn. They had two of the two-packs, the Poe one and the Pao one (I picked up Pao). They also had all the vehicles, but I'm holding off for now. I'm hoping I can use the Target coupon(s) when I stop there tomorrow, maybe get the TIE striker, I think that is kind of neat.

All in all, most of what I wanted to get. I was most worried about finding the Black Series, Death Trooper in particular, but WM had plenty of those in the shipping deal.  I've only been to those two stores so far, but it seems like the 3 3/4" stuff is in shorter supply (at least here). Can't say yet if it is better this year than last year though.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 04:37 PM »
I went to Walmart just before midnight and they had nothing out.  They didn't start to put anything out until midnight!

I had to buy some other things, so I kept checking back (looking for the Lego AT-ST for my son) and watching some guys just picking at boxes like vultures instead of being polite and waiting for the poor girl to do her job and set up the displays.

After about an hour, I picked p the Lego set, along with a TBS ERG and General Lando.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 04:39 PM »
I just could not do Midnight Madness.  First of all, there are blue laws in my county that don't permit stores to be open at midnight.  I could certainly travel out of the county and hit a Midnight Madness event, but I just didn't feel like braving the crowds.  And some of the events that I did go to back around 2002 and 2005 had people attending that just could not act like decent human beings.

I ventured out today in the afternoon.  I hit one TRU, one Walmart and one Target.  Not a single exclusive was on hand, but I got a few things that I've had my eye on.  But man, those 6" Black Series Death Troopers were a hot commodity!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I went out in a monsoon here to hang out with my friends...  We went to a Toys R Us near the airport.  Rain aside, they had everything...  Can't say the same for everyone else.

I stopped at a Wally on the way home, nothing was out yet.  So I went to one just down the highway and again nothing.

The next day, hit up KMart at opening and they didn't have anything, just empty space where they'd set up to have something.  Wally still hadn't put anything out.  Target was just putting things out around 10am and didn't have Class I vehicles, No TIE's just U-Wings, and no 2-packs.  They did have 6" and 5POA though in some quantity.

Later in the day near supper time Wal-Mart had finally put things out, a giant cardboard display in the aisle which was nicely stocked with a variety of things, but again no TIE's only U-Wings and no Class I or 2-packs.  They also had put out the TBS 4" stuff but it was picked over somewhat.

K-Mart at home still hadn't put anything out except Jyns tucked anywhere they could,  and the one near my gfs still hadn't put anything out at supper time.

I'm looking for the TIE, used a coupon for a K2 and Ground Crew at Target.  Got the Rebels Speederbike and Pao/Death Trooper 2-pack at TRU with some coupons, and that's pretty much been it for me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Think I'm probably in for the night, so I'm ready for a quick postmortem.

I will say overall, more so than any actual results, it was refreshing to get excited about buying toys again. I had forgotten that feeling for a few months during this long lull. So from that standpoint, it was a fun night for me regardless of anything else.

As some kind of marketing event it seems like more or less of a flop to me, but who knows what their actual expectations are. I'm not a fan of contrived street dates in general, but i guess it's going to be a thing each year now.

As far as today goes, I saw pretty much all the figures and most ships in good quantities, except for the Imperial Speeder which I only saw at TRU. I didn't see a single A-wing either, which would have been a bummer if I didn't have one coming from TRU online already. And I never, ever saw that dang Titanium Helmet 2-pack with Sabine and Vader. Did anyone see that?

I guess the TRU Hovertank Pilot was probably my most wanted thing that I whiffed on, but I pretty much expected that. I just don't know how dumb you have to be to only stock one case of your store exclusive for a MM event like this. If you can get a case, you should be able to get 10. I realize there will be more later but seems like a big blown opportunity with that much foot traffic on one night. I would have bought 3-4 of those easy.

With all the exclusives announced today, I'm going to need a whole new shelf just for a Rogue One 6" figures...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 1, 2016, 04:22 PM »
I went today to TRU to check out everything. I was pleasantly surprised they had plenty of figures unlike last time. For some reason the old figures were a dollar more than the new ones. No exclusive but did have 6" Ray and helmetless Kylo. Interest airhogs Falcon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 1, 2016, 04:54 PM »
It still seemed a little hit and miss here, although maybe better than last year in some ways. I didn't do MM, but each store seemed to have different things, with TRU being the only place that carried everything. The 3 3/4" line was but far the toughest find here, with only TRU having any at all (missed out on Sabine and Jyn). One Wal-Mart had a shipper including a good amount of 6", LEGO, Funko, role play, and Hot Wheels. Nothing in the main aisle. A 2nd Wal-Mart had nothing at all, it was like nothing had changed. Although they did have that exclusive R2.

Target had some new stuff, but no basic figures and the only 2 pack left today was the Poe one. TRU had a little of everything, but picked through by the time I was there. Both Target and TRU had the U-wing and TIE Striker. No sign of the Tank driver being there though. Overall a decent day, but still things to hunt for. Basic figs (primarily Jyn/Sabine), and the two packs, as well as exclusives.

I know it's a different beast, but LEGO always seems to have plenty to go around with their new releases.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 05:01 PM by Brian »

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2016, 07:21 PM »
This worked out pretty good for me. Logged onto target.com on Saturday a.m. and picked  up the u-wing, 4 figs and TFA blu-ray, which I had not yet bought. Used Target's $25 off $100 FORCE coupon. The u-wing was already on sale for about $45, so combined with the coupon, I got it for a good price.

Hit Target around 11a on Sunday. Low and behold, they had the 3 x 2-packs; a lone Sabine (i had one in my cart on target.com but it became out-of-stock when I checked out); and a couple of other wave 1 figs. Toss in the Striker and it was enough to use the FORCE25 coupon for $25 off.

Stopped by TRU. Hera's A-wing scanned as BOGO 40% off, so I grabbed both. I'm trying to nudge my youngest niece into SW so I'll offer her one.

It might sting a bit when the credit card bill comes, but I'm feeling pretty good now.