Author Topic: Walgreens Black Series 6" C-3PO  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Walgreens Black Series 6" C-3PO
« on: October 1, 2016, 10:28 AM »
KOTAKU FILES THIS POST about a number of upcoming Hasbro Star Wars exclusives, including this one at Walgreens stores:

THE BLACK SERIES 6" FIGURES - C-3PO (A NEW HOPE)

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Walgreens Black Series 6" C-3PO
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Glad to see they're doing him, but I'd have done it the other way around and made the red arm exclusive. Or just thrown in the other arm, because you know. Logic. That figure will suffer for this one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2016, 11:52 AM »
I was kind of expecting this sort of cash grab.  But I'm wondering the same thing:  why would they made the OT version of C-3PO the exclusive?!?!
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 11:57 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2016, 04:57 PM »
Glad to see they're doing him, but I'd have done it the other way around and made the red arm exclusive. Or just thrown in the other arm, because you know. Logic. That figure will suffer for this one.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The OT 3PO is iconic, and one of the main characters and most memorable from the franchise. He was a small supporting character in TFA, so I'd rather see that be the exclusive. That said, I'm glad we are getting him somehow, hopefully he isn't difficult to find. Looks nice.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:50 AM »
I've seen some reports that this exclusive version of C-3PO is already showing up in Canada, but at EB Games stores.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:50 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2016, 08:14 AM »
I already found the TFA C3PO at a small retailer, but held off in favor of eventually coming across the OT version at a local Walgreens...  My Black Series R2D2 has been lonely for quite some time ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2016, 01:55 PM »
I found this guy today! He was at the last of three Walgreens that I hit on the way home. Looked like they had a full case.  ;D

I bought two, one for me and one for a friend. Did not even have to be choosy because they all looked spot on with the paint apps. Very nice figure.

Really excited to have stumbled across him so early in the game. Stalking Walgreens is never much fun.

Good hunting!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: November 7, 2016, 12:50 PM »
In case you missed it, Jayson posted a nice pic highlighting the fact that Walgreens OT C-3PO is not just a repaint of the TFA C-3PO sculpt - he's got a unique torso sculpt:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 7, 2016, 02:19 PM »
That is really, really strange.  Why would they bother to do that?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2016, 03:43 PM »
Why?  So when collectors complain about the two C-3PO variants being separate releases, they actually have a valid reason/excuse why they went that route? ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2016, 05:01 PM »
I found this last night and it's a great figure. One of my favorites in the 6 inch scale so far. Much easier for me to find than the Proto Fett or the Emperor's Wrath Vader, which I never saw in stores (I've seen it elsewhere for cost).

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 8, 2016, 09:11 AM »
I kinda like the figure too, although I miss the shiny metal finish. I was worried the arm articulation would be limited but they seem to work pretty well, you can get all the classic 3PO poses out of them.

I got Red Arm yesterday and compared the two last night. That uniquely sculpted abdomen thing is odd, but sort of neat. Just different enough to not make me mad.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 6, 2016, 06:29 PM »
I have not come across this anywhere in my area yet, and it is annoying.  I keep thinking Walgreens will get a bunch in and they'll stick around, but at the same time I'm also not holding my breath...  However, I did find the TFA "red arm" C3PO at a Walmart in a rural area today, so at least my R2D2 finally has his companion  ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2016, 01:54 AM »
I'll keep an eye out for one for you Tman...  Have a few WGs locally that nobody goes to because of the neighborhoods they're in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2016, 09:13 AM »
I remember freaking out over Emperor's Wrath Vader last year since everyone seemed to get one except me, then at the end of January they were EVERYWHERE. Like, there are still some Walgreens in my area where EW Vaders are the only Star Wars figures in stock. So I'll be patient on 3PO because it might be the same situation.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks