Author Topic: Kohls Rogue One 3.75" Box o' Variants  (Read 5710 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Kohls Rogue One 3.75" Box o' Variants
« on: October 2, 2016, 11:32 PM »
Another one for the "did we really need that?" file.

Kohls has an exclusive box set that has some deco vaiants of four figures from the Rogue One 'versus' 2-packs.  Like a poo dirt splattered Deathtrooper and a White Pauldron Stormie (repaint of Orange Pauldron Stormie that is packed with Baze in Wave 2).

Clicky the thumbnails below for a closer look.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Kohls Rogue One 3.75" Box o' Variants
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2016, 08:40 AM »
At least they are different. This is way better than the Maz Kanata pack IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2016, 04:21 PM »
+1 - I will take a few paint ap changes to a straight repack any day of the week.  I'll still be looking for a deal on this though...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2016, 04:54 PM »
So basically if you want the Rebels, you can skip the 2 packs they come in, unless you REALLY need that Scarif Trooper.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 3, 2016, 05:57 PM »
They should all be variants. Remove the weathering from furry guy's feet, change big mouth's pants color...something.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 4, 2016, 12:33 AM »
"Why'd they have to repaint them!?  Now I have to buy them!"

"Why'd they not repaint them!?  I want something different!"

:-*

Seriously though, I like things I can pass on easily enough without it being just different for the sake of being slightly different.  I was always wishy washy on the repaint waves of the good ole days, though I still dig that Imperial Gunner repaint as a unique Impy trooper type.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 4, 2016, 10:38 AM »
Repaint Greedo as some Screen Inaccurate Episode 1 Rodian was awesome.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 4, 2016, 03:09 PM »
I'd forgotten about that one.  I liked him too...  X2 even.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 4, 2016, 10:11 PM »
They should have called this set "Just different enough to get you mad".
« Last Edit: October 4, 2016, 10:11 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 5, 2016, 07:31 AM »
I think we've reached the stage with Star Wars where almost no one feels they have to buy everything.  If they just issue straight repacks, I think most of us that already have the figures will pass.  If they make some tweaks, it suddenly gets a bit more interesting to pick up if the price is right.  No one should be "Mad" about the offering - if you would have passed on it as straight repacks, just pretend its still straight repacks and wipe it off your to do list.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 5, 2016, 10:26 AM »
I was fully prepared to disregard this set.  I already had all of the figures thanks to the two-packs.  I didn't care that much about the Stormtrooper since we've gotten so many over the years, pauldron or no pauldron.  But then someone pointed out the dirty paintjob on the Deathtrooper.  Really?  Two figures that were *SLIGHTLY* different started getting me towards a tipping point with this set.

For the record, I don't really care for buying toys at Kohls.  I think they're overpriced on almost everything, and it seems like they're perpetually running some kind of "sale" to soften the blow of their inflated pricing.  And the price?  Getting all 4 of these figures in the original 2-packs would cost you $30 + tax.  This set is $35 IIRC.  This... nickel and diming is just not cool.  So on principle I think I may avoid this set.  Especially since all of these figures are 5 POA.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 5, 2016, 10:58 AM »
Total junk, but marginally better junk than the TFA Kohl's set...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 5, 2016, 02:17 PM »
For the record, I don't really care for buying toys at Kohls.  I think they're overpriced on almost everything, and it seems like they're perpetually running some kind of "sale" to soften the blow of their inflated pricing.  And the price?  Getting all 4 of these figures in the original 2-packs would cost you $30 + tax.  This set is $35 IIRC.  This... nickel and diming is just not cool.  So on principle I think I may avoid this set.  Especially since all of these figures are 5 POA.

Kohl's basically uses the old Kaybee Toys model.  They tell you it's $20, then immediately mark it down to $16, so you feel like you're getting a deal.  On top of that they offer 10-30% off pretty much every day or Kohl's Cash, so you can end up getting it for more like $12-14.  They're happy to sell it for $12, but there's half a dozen other higher prices people will pay for the same thing depending on what day they buy and if they remember their coupons.  There typically isn't much to buy there for toys anyway, but when I do want something I tend to wait for a big sale/deal.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2016, 09:20 PM »
FYI, this set is on sale at Kohls.com right now for $29.99.  Coupon code SNOWBALL20 gets you another 20% off.  Mine came out to $35 with shipping.  I think that code expires today, not sure how long the sale is good for.