Author Topic: Do Any of Your Figures Get "Replaced"?  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Do Any of Your Figures Get "Replaced"?
« on: August 21, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Although much of it is due to my lack of displaying space, over the past couple of years many of my earlier figures (POTF2 mainly) have been replaced as the superior sculpting of POTJ and some of the Saga figures have come along.  I have had to pack away figures such as the original buff Han, Vader, Chewie, Stormtrooper, etc., as they have been replaced by different versions.  Although all of the figures are great, and I am glad that POTF2 started and brought our figures back...but they just don't look quite right in the display next to many of the newer versions.  Have any of you done this...either had to pack away certain figures, or replaced certain versions?  I know I do currently have both the POTF2 and Saga Bespin Lukes on display, because I think both look pretty good.  Anyways, anyone else had to do this?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Do Any of Your Figures Get "Replaced"?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 01:27 PM »
I have all my figs in running order, the way they were released.  That way at least groups of the older figs look okay displayed together. I have been debating removing multiples as well, since I have like zero space left.  

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 02:08 PM »
I too have them all lined up in order of release. I use to have all the figures in this case but two days ago I pulled them all out. I now only display the basic carded figures in this case with the exception of two deluxe figures. The rest of my figures (Mail-Aways, Exclusives, ect) are in my display units. I just felt that in the sea of figures they are easily passed over. So to answer your question, No my figures do not get replaced. They are all displayed.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 04:43 PM »
David, where did you get that display case? Its awesome!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 07:45 PM »
I agree...awesome case David.  So where did you get it??
Beth

Jango Fettish

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 07:53 PM »
I've got a POTF 2 Buff Boba, 300th Boba, and both Saga Bobas still. It's kind of cool to see their little "evolution" pan out over 8 years.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 07:58 PM »
David (Boba Binks) has some of the coolest display collections out there.  Another awesome case that I haven't seen yet.   ;D
dustrho

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 09:04 PM »
I have 2 shelves dedicated to GI Joe, 1 for Cobra, 1 for Joe.

I have 2 other shelves. One has Star Wars and Simpsons and the other has Muppets and Mattel Batman. "Replacement" depends on how the different collections grow and whether or not I want to swap another line in on one of the non-Joe shelves. My collection is in the bedroom, which I share with my girlfriend so I can't add more shelves  :(

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 09:59 PM »
Mosnab,

I've been doing the same thing now since resculpts started hitting the line. If a figure is superior to the previous version, the old one gets moved, sometimes to another shelf into another section, since I have the figures arranged in sequencial film order, or if there's no suitable home on display, it gets retired. Retired figures go into sandwich snack bags and then into big tubs in the garage, safe until the day (oh, so, so far into the future) where I have that ultimate display room where display space isn't an issue. Until then, I have to pick and choose, and I want the best possible versions of a specific character on display.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 10:01 PM »
I've "upgraded" several of my figs, but I've kept most of their POTF2 counterparts.  The only POTF2 figs I got rid of were the first few "steroid" waves.  Of course, at the rate Hasbro is going in terms of resculpts, you could find yourself "upgrading" figs of Chewie, Maul, and R2 practically every other month.  :)
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 12:36 AM »
I usually display stuff in a rotating pattern because I don't have room to display it all. I use the version of any given character I feel is superior for the kind of display I'm doing (planet, movie scene, whatever).
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk