Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe

(1/17) > >>

BillCable:
I didn't think this quite fit under the Avengers thread, and with a bunch of non-Avengers Disney Marvel films upcoming, I figured I'd start a dedicated thread.

Dr. Strange reviews are coming in, and they are typically Marvel spectacular...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_strange_2016/

I went to an IMAX 3D 15-minute preview a few weeks back, and the jaw-dropping nature of the visuals simply can't be described in words.  It's like Inception on amphetamine.  It's like the flight sequence at the end of 2001 x 10,000.  I was absolutely engrossed.  And that was in small snippets.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: BillCable on October 26, 2016, 09:24 AM ---I didn't think this quite fit under the Avengers thread, and with a bunch of non-Avengers Disney Marvel films upcoming, I figured I'd start a dedicated thread.

Dr. Strange reviews are coming in, and they are typically Marvel spectacular...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_strange_2016/

I went to an IMAX 3D 15-minute preview a few weeks back, and the jaw-dropping nature of the visuals simply can't be described in words.  It's like Inception on amphetamine.  It's like the flight sequence at the end of 2001 x 10,000.  I was absolutely engrossed.  And that was in small snippets.

--- End quote ---

Just got back from a Disney vacation this week.  They were also showing an extended cut of the movie as an attraction (probably the same/similar) and I was also very impressed.  I've never cared much about Dr. Strange, but the comparison to Inception visuals on steroids is very apt.  Per the Marvel norm, they also have some great comic relief bits to break up the action.  I'm way more excited to see this now.

BillCable:
So yeah - Infinity War:  MASTERPIECE!

Totally engrossing.  Met or exceeded my every expectation.

GrandMoffNick:
Will I enjoy it?

I'm not much of a comic book guy. I've seen almost none of the Marvel movies. I did however highly enjoy GotG and liked Thanos.

BillCable:
It's a great movie.  Not just a great comic book movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version