Author Topic: Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 27346 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 10:46 AM »
I'm starting to see it appear in the Disney forums and unrelated tech forums I've read. The hate is brewing.

That seems to be the pattern, doesn't it?  Every big tentpole film is great until it isn't.  This really seems to have kicked off with Episode I, but back then it took a while.  And now in the social media age the timeframe where the love turns to hate seems to be happening much faster than it ever did before.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 01:16 PM »
I'm starting to see it appear in the Disney forums and unrelated tech forums I've read. The hate is brewing.

Uh, where?  I have yet to read anything remotely bad about the movie other than people didn't like what happened to their favorite heroes at the end.   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Finally saw Infinity War last night. 

I'm not sure if the statute of limitations on spoilers has passed or not, but just curious if that is how the comics version went down.  I'm not a Marvel comics guy so I don't know the back story.  Safe to say I was surprised to see how that went down and will be interested to see what comes next.

PM me if its not safe to post spoilerish stuff four weeks after a movie is released.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2018, 05:17 PM »
I vote now it's on you if you haven't seen it and still go to threads about it at this point
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018, 06:33 PM »
I vote now it's on you if you haven't seen it and still go to threads about it at this point

Agreed.

In the comics it was similar but not exactly the same.  Thanos defeats all the heroes and obtains the 6 gems.  He kills a good many of them in the process.  But instead of being struck by Thor's axe and snapping his fingers immediately to wipe out half the universe, he kinda savors his new power for a while.  In the comics, the reason he wanted the stones was to win the love of Death (who's a female skeleton in the comics), not to bring balance to the universe.  After he gets them all, she's still not impressed and still won't love him.  So he finally follows through and snaps his fingers.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2018, 07:10 PM »
In the comics it was similar but not exactly the same.  Thanos defeats all the heroes and obtains the 6 gems.  He kills a good many of them in the process.  But instead of being struck by Thor's axe and snapping his fingers immediately to wipe out half the universe, he kinda savors his new power for a while.  In the comics, the reason he wanted the stones was to win the love of Death (who's a female skeleton in the comics), not to bring balance to the universe.  After he gets them all, she's still not impressed and still won't love him.  So he finally follows through and snaps his fingers.

Apologies if I've said this before, but I would have liked it if they did something similar but the twist was that Thanos was in love with Hela, Goddess of Death instead. I know I'd go through all that trouble for Cate Blanchett  ;)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2018, 07:27 PM »
I had no knowledge of the comic ending, but thought the movie ending was brilliant. Thanos watching the sunset was awesome. I'm now smitten with Thanos.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:27 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2018, 11:13 PM »
I propose in these types of threads we impose a one week ban on spoilery plot talk.  Most of us will see it within a week of release.

On another note.....Deadpool 2 was freakin awesome!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2018, 08:25 PM »
There's a pretty cool promo image for Ant Man and The Wasp on Twitter, and one of the panel images shows Michelle Pfeifer's character.  Possible spoiler warnings may apply.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:26 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Not a possible spoiler - a definitive spoiler.  Figured they would go that route based on the original, but I'm surprised they gave it away like that.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:18 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Her character listing on IMDB gives it away to a degree, too.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2018, 01:00 PM »
Her character listing on IMDB gives it away to a degree, too.
But this image confirms that she appears in the film in more than just a flashback.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:01 PM by Qui-Gon Jim »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 5, 2018, 03:44 PM »
Check out THIS ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY POSTING that gives us a first official look at Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel!

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2018, 08:55 AM »
This just dropped:

Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel - Official Trailer

I never thought I'd see the day when a NIN t-shirt would be considered "vintage".

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2018, 10:44 AM »
This just dropped:

Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel - Official Trailer

I never thought I'd see the day when a NIN t-shirt would be considered "vintage".

Really looking forward to this. I've become a big fan of this character over the past several years and it makes it even more fun because Captain Marvel comes second to only Rey with our daughter. Her excitement is through the roof for this movie. Really exciting.